mcarterbrown.com  

MCB Reviews It MCB Reviews it! Have a review of a new gun, or old gun you just tried? New Mask or Gear? Let us know what you think.

Old 12-30-2012, 01:06 AM   #271 (permalink)

I just feel like this gun is the final blow to the automag design.
A cheap, reliable, consistent mech that shoots as fast as you can pull... without chopping or short stroking, or any finicking to tune a bolt system...
From what it seems, this gun will beat the automag at its own game. I say that with a sigh as I always loved AGD.

Last edited by samthepainter; 12-30-2012 at 01:09 AM.
samthepainter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 05:47 AM   #272 (permalink)

Too early to tell. It may be a good mech shooter but I have doubts on it's longevity compared to the mags. Besides mags not going no were they built to last. I bought my classic mag 13 years ago new. Beat the he'll out of it shot more cases than I can count out of it. And never had an issue.

Oh and not much tuning to a mag. Level 7 mags have 0 tuning. And lvl 10 are a set it and forget it thing. They don't go out of tune like cockers timing.
Old 12-30-2012, 10:56 AM   #273 (permalink)
Pop-Up Ninja

Both 'Mags I've ever owned were very much let downs. Neither one ever impressed me at all.

The eNMEy, though...

Go ye therefore to all the nations, baptizing them in copious amounts of paint.

Proud member of Team On Target.
www.teamontargetpb.com
Murf425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 01:32 PM   #274 (permalink)

The new automag I bought around 2001 had no problems. Unfortunately I let that one go when I got out of paintball for a while, and the used automag stuff I've been picking up from the BST here has all been finicky. :/ I dont think automags are going to disappear but when you get a much lighter, cheaper, vert feed gun that works essentially like an improved level 10 mag, new for 130 bucks... I can see the automag popularity dying down a lot. I know the AIR valve was a great design in its day, but this valve system is surely much less complicated. Yeah, it may be too early to tell for sure. This is what I'm seeing right now though, as long as there aren't production issues or some surprise design flaw that is unveiled. I'll probably keep my mag but it won't see near as much use, if the eNMey is what it seems...
Old 12-30-2012, 03:22 PM   #275 (permalink)

Holding the eNMEy it just feels a bit cheap. The body looks kinda cheap. Like i said its a great shooter at a great price but i dont think its gona be after the same market as the Mag shooters. It's built to a price and I can't see it lasting longevity wise like Automags.

Most mag guys are looking for a high performing mech TUFF as nails shooter with infinite options to upgrade. One can go for a RTing effect, classic plinker pneu mag or any number of electro setups or even pump.

I like my sisters eNMEy but I don't see it all that similarly to my Mags.
Old 12-30-2012, 04:15 PM   #276 (permalink)

I may be biased since I've been having so much trouble with my recent automag. I guess I'll find out when I get an enMey.
Old 12-30-2012, 04:53 PM   #277 (permalink)
WVU paintball #19

AKA Fan
Only time will tell if the eNMEy can be compared to the Automag. Sure it's single tubed, blow forward, mechanical, and other obvious similarities. Can it be submerged in water when pressurized without issue? In 10 years will you still be able to pick an eNMEy up, run some oil trough it, and it be ready to go like the day it came off the shelf? Those are a few of the qualities I think of when it comes to Automags...
minimag03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 05:08 PM   #278 (permalink)
Total wreath

CCM Fan
I think this is way better than a mag. Cheap. Simple. Parts everywhere for dirt cheap. Vert feed with modern feed neck. Amazing reg. bolt out back. And normalish barrel threads

No worrys about heavy stainless. Power feeds goofy front grips. Twist lock barrels or finicky lvl 10

Find me a 150 brand new lvl 10 mag with cocker/modern threaded barrel and modern clamping feedneck.

It might not last 20 years but when u break it you could just buy a new one at 100

In customizing. Mag has like 20 years of aftermarket parts. Ion has like 10??
But this uses a proprietary frame like a vibe / ion

I bet in a year you see more options
Especially if this takes off
shredxcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 05:52 PM   #279 (permalink)

^That's kinda how I see it. As I said, if the enmey proves reliable, it's got a good pounce on the automag. There will still always be a place in my heart for automags. But if we're talking price/performance ratio....
Old 12-30-2012, 06:25 PM   #280 (permalink)

The American auto industry once thought throw away cars were a good idea once too. But the Japs proved that theory wrong.

I buy something I expect it to work. After 13 years of constant use my Mags have all proven that possible. I don't see the eNMEy following those foot steps.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » MCB Reviews It