mcarterbrown.com  

MCB Reviews It MCB Reviews it! Have a review of a new gun, or old gun you just tried? New Mask or Gear? Let us know what you think.

Old 12-30-2012, 05:40 PM   #281 (permalink)
Total wreath

CCM Fan
Car=/= paintball gun
We are talking about 125$ new and less used pb gun

I haven't managed to breakm y vibe in 3 years butive broke my ccm plenty of times
shredxcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 05:59 PM   #282 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyBear View Post
The American auto industry once thought throw away cars were a good idea once too. But the Japs proved that theory wrong.
2 words.

1-Wait,
2-What?
danssoslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:40 PM   #283 (permalink)
Total wreath

CCM Fan
To much egg nog mabye
Old 12-30-2012, 07:52 PM   #284 (permalink)

I know there a big difference in price between a car and a pb gun but my point was the mentality. Some people many at that would rather pay a bit more for a product they can count on day in day out then one built of questionable durability.

I have both the eNMEy and a stockish classic mag I will film a comparison of the two when I can. They really are two different approach to the same end.
Old 12-30-2012, 08:26 PM   #285 (permalink)
Total wreath

CCM Fan
You would really have to try hard to break a vibe/enemy
The plastic flexes instead of breaking. My only grip is the bottom line screws are kinda meh
Old 12-31-2012, 03:26 PM   #286 (permalink)
Stock Class Aficionado

CCM Fan
I can see the plastic shell on the vibe possibly breaking but the rest of the gun seems pretty solid.

It's a different approach to a spool valve mechanical gun. No one is trying to usurp AGD, although they are not exactly relevant in mainstream paintball anymore (no longer innovating and selling exclusively old stock, or so it seems). The eNMEy will hopefully provide players with a reliable and hassle-free mechanical gun at a great price.
Old 12-31-2012, 04:51 PM   #287 (permalink)
Not Worthy Of "MCBer"

I think the relevant parable here is that GoG is willing to go where AGD was *never* willing to go. That is -- make actual cost reductions in order to get their guns into people's hands.

From what I can tell, the mag is still a better gun, but the value presented by the eNMEy (I really hate typing that) is ... compelling.

Speaking of 20 year old mags -- there are in fact 20 year old mags still running around that still work like they rolled off the factory floor. They'll probably continue to do so for the next 20 years, and another 20 years after that.

Realistically, if you make a gun that costs half of what a mag costs, but only lasts half as long... guess what? 1/2 of 60 years is still 30 years, which is a pretty damn long time. Maybe it will only last 1/3 the lifetime? Still 20 years.
Logic and reason are anathema to him; but this does not deter him from prattling on.
He is the most interesting player in the world.
GoatBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 06:39 PM   #288 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyBear View Post
I know there a big difference in price between a car and a pb gun but my point was the mentality. Some people many at that would rather pay a bit more for a product they can count on day in day out then one built of questionable durability.
I admit to being a bit of a lag when it comes to current afairs; but it appears to me that Japanese car manufacturers are growing, while the Big Three have all dropped devisions and downsized. Hell JCIM, an interior manufacturer for Ford, just closed one of the two plants here locally. Your analogy seems a bit backwards to me.

Hell, Kia (which I have seen personally have some major shortcomings) is making new models and flooding the roads with uglier-than-homemade sin SUVs. Toyota earns a reputation that would make 80's AUDI blush; and for their efforts sell more new Camrys in the past two years than Chevy sold trucks.

If American people are paying premiums for quality, it isn't in American automobiles; damn what Mike Rowe would have us believe.
danssoslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:13 PM   #289 (permalink)
slowly coming back around

Actually, for the last decade, GM has been the top vehicle seller in the world, only just recently falling to 2nd place behind Toyota. Not bad for being "Government Motors" the last 4 years or so.

How did we get to discussing car manufacturer woes? Who's played with a eNMey lately and got something to say about it? Anybody?

I can't dumb it down to your level because I'm scared of heights.

A shark is an animal that dies if it stops moving.

Check out my current sale and my feedback
usagi_tetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 05:29 AM   #290 (permalink)
DPT

CCM Fan
I haven't played with it yet but damn is it fun to shoot. It might get me to give up my small collection of mech markers.

THEYODA "Pump game. Leave all batteries at home."
dblj44 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » MCB Reviews It