mcarterbrown.com

MCB Reviews It MCB Reviews it! Have a review of a new gun, or old gun you just tried? New Mask or Gear? Let us know what you think.

Old 01-04-2013, 01:30 AM   #301 (permalink)
Radical!

Heh, good to know the unused SP boxes weren't just trashed. Bankruptcy sure does enforce the concept of penny-pinching.

While another enmey review isn't necessary at this point, i'll probably start a thread, anyway. Going to do a side-by-side with my mech ion xe.
nerdcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:59 AM   #302 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

Yeah, if any of you guys are wondering the SP boxes was pretty much done to get them out as fast as possible. Last I heard they're still waiting on plastic clamshell type packaging (like what the JT ER2's come in) that will be the "norm" for these guns. As far as I'm concerned, good on 'em, if that's what it takes to get a sweet single-trigger, no-frills regulated mech in my hands for dirt cheap, I'm fine with that.
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:00 AM   #303 (permalink)
Fortune and Glory

Send a message via AIM to Crimson Death

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolRogue View Post
Yeah, if any of you guys are wondering the SP boxes was pretty much done to get them out as fast as possible. Last I heard they're still waiting on plastic clamshell type packaging (like what the JT ER2's come in) that will be the "norm" for these guns. As far as I'm concerned, good on 'em, if that's what it takes to get a sweet single-trigger, no-frills regulated mech in my hands for dirt cheap, I'm fine with that.
Exactly I could care less about the box.
Crimson Death is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 06:23 AM   #304 (permalink)
DPT

CCM Fan
Mine didn't come in a box, just the plastic tray and shrink wrap. I wouldn't have cared if it was a brown paper bag.

THEYODA "Pump game. Leave all batteries at home."
dblj44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:36 AM   #305 (permalink)
Radical!

I know this is getting OT, but i wonder if companies would consider shipping markers disassembled, at a cheaper price. I understand they assemble them and test them, but if a marker doesn't pass, the whole thing doesn't get scrapped, does it? So providing a discount for the end user to do the final testing wouldn't be a horrible idea... for those willing and able, anyway.

But maybe that's what the tech classes are designed for.
Old 01-04-2013, 11:13 AM   #306 (permalink)
Total wreath

CCM Fan
I can't think of any worse of an idea
shredxcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:24 AM   #307 (permalink)
WVU paintball #19

AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdcore View Post
I know this is getting OT, but i wonder if companies would consider shipping markers disassembled, at a cheaper price. I understand they assemble them and test them, but if a marker doesn't pass, the whole thing doesn't get scrapped, does it? So providing a discount for the end user to do the final testing wouldn't be a horrible idea... for those willing and able, anyway.

I doubt GOG is paying anyone in the US to assemble and test these guns. Its probably being done on the manufacturing site where labor is super cheap. So the amount of money spent on those steps probably wouldn't translate into a lot of savings.
minimag03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:04 PM   #308 (permalink)
Radical!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredxcam View Post
I can't think of any worse of an idea
lol, i know, right?

minimag - good point. Really, it was more my interest in assembling a marker myself that was most intriguing... it's the little things that bring me joy. :P
Old 01-04-2013, 12:30 PM   #309 (permalink)
more gooder

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
mine came with the barrel and spare parts shrink wrapped to the gun with 1 (ONE!) packing bubble bag in the shipping box. No clamshells or factory box, but I wasn't expecting them either.

I wasn't impressed with the packing. luckily it wasn't damaged, but the feedneck was well on its way to being outside the shipping box.

I have a small fitting leak at the line going into the reg, nothing that I can't fix in a minute with some teflon tape.

It sure does rip though! I was very surprised at just how fast it can be fired out of the box. Simple, light and easy to use . My son will have a blast with it.
My Feedback
first strike pez dispensers in stock - pm me!
dukie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:32 PM   #310 (permalink)
more gooder

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdcore View Post

I can see that working out well. <----- huge sarcasm

I doubt they scrap it, but at this price point you never know. They probably have an assembly procedure and troubleshooting procedure to deal with them.
My Feedback
first strike pez dispensers in stock - pm me!
dukie is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » MCB Reviews It