mcarterbrown.com  

MCB Reviews It MCB Reviews it! Have a review of a new gun, or old gun you just tried? New Mask or Gear? Let us know what you think.

Old 02-20-2013, 10:02 AM   #391 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackrain View Post
I use an Orange bolt in My VIBE and SP1. Same gun as the Enemy, except pneumatic. Looks like an L7 bolt only cheaper. I also run an L7 in one of my SP1 and can't really tell the difference between Orange bolt and L7.

Later,
Blackrain
Those guns also have a solenoid with which to control the dwell. The mechanical spools have to rely on the dual tail orings and the space between them for dwell control. The gun will have vastly inconsistent velocity and efficiency if you use a bolt that lacks them.
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:09 AM   #392 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Talk about a hot shots and bad efficiency, thats my definition of not working!
insixdays777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:24 PM   #393 (permalink)
Six Point Five

Just picked mine up today. I also had the store order me a ion to cocker ifit as i already have a cocker to cocker 9 pc kit. Put a stiffi 685 12inch barrel on it. Very quiet and sounds great. Shoots awesome. Just took it into the yard and shot a box up. I plan on running stick feed on this gun along with my 50/4500 tank. I cant wait to play with this in a couple weeks from now. Only other thing i might pick up is a on/off asa/rail. But will see how that goes. Im excited tho. Light, quiet and fun so far.

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

Last edited by ves206; 02-21-2013 at 09:39 PM.
ves206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:08 AM   #394 (permalink)
Stock Class Aficionado

CCM Fan
I can understand the need for some to tinker with this, but it is pretty much perfect out of the box. I did, however, replace the stock barrel before using it. It's a force of habit of mine to replace the stock barrel on any gun. And the 0.685 CP works great with the local paint. And I tossed on a spare rail and on/off to push my 50/45 back for my long arms.

It is damn quiet and shoots smooth. I can't imagine playing with the internals much. It was the first time I was ever able to lend out a gun to a new player and not have a single question or issue throughout the day and have it come back with a clean breech and barrel.

Also, and it must be a combination of the regulator and tighter barrel, it is probably the most consistent gun I have ever shot. It rivals my S6 and any Automag I have ever owned.
Old 02-22-2013, 08:49 AM   #395 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I wonder if there is a way to make a "feather touch" fitting for the forward bolt stroke so it would be even softer on paint and act like a level 10 automag bolt. The fitting would restrict the air of the forward stroke.
Old 02-22-2013, 08:55 AM   #396 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by insixdays777 View Post
I wonder if there is a way to make a "feather touch" fitting for the forward bolt stroke so it would be even softer on paint and act like a level 10 automag bolt. The fitting would restrict the air of the forward stroke.
I've only fired recball paint through mine, so I'm a bit ignorant about fragile paints. Is this really necessary cor tourney paints?
danssoslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:54 AM   #397 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

Quote:
Any kind of venting on the front banjo would make it a QEV, would it not?
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:03 AM   #398 (permalink)
Six Point Five

I like the techt ifit and get great results with them. Plus an on/off asa is a must i believe

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
ves206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:03 AM   #399 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by danssoslow View Post
I've only fired recball paint through mine, so I'm a bit ignorant about fragile paints. Is this really necessary cor tourney paints?
Yes cold temps +or higher end paint the enmey will chop. The low force bolt works somewhat but could be much better. My Clone Gt has lower bolt force, and MD does not advertise any mechanical anti chop feature.
Old 02-22-2013, 11:36 AM   #400 (permalink)
Fortune and Glory

Send a message via AIM to Crimson Death

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Yes cold temps +or higher end paint the enmey will chop. The low force bolt works somewhat but could be much better. My Clone Gt has lower bolt force, and MD does not advertise any mechanical anti chop feature.
Really? I guess mine is special. I've played with it in sub freezing weather using RPS Premium and didn't chop one ball out of the case I shot.
Crimson Death is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » MCB Reviews It