mcarterbrown.com  

MCB Reviews It MCB Reviews it! Have a review of a new gun, or old gun you just tried? New Mask or Gear? Let us know what you think.

Old 02-23-2013, 01:53 PM   #411 (permalink)
Stock Class Aficionado

CCM Fan
One thing to keep in mind with grips is that the cutout in the frame at the bottom extends past where many 45 grips end. My hogues don't cover the entire cutout.
Old 02-23-2013, 06:37 PM   #412 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

Only a teeny teeny bit is exposed with the Legends, not enough for me to care anyway. The only problem is I need to hit them with the dremel to clearance the safety
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 08:40 PM   #413 (permalink)
Stock Class Aficionado

CCM Fan
Awesome. I find the stock grips decent, but I would totally replace them with something grippier if I could find it.

I had another great time today with the eNMEy. I am grinning like an idiot every time I use it.
Old 02-23-2013, 08:57 PM   #414 (permalink)
It's All In The Reflexes.

Send a message via AIM to Crimson Death

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
I put dye stickies on mine
Crimson Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:43 PM   #415 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Death View Post
I put dye stickies on mine
pic?
Old 02-24-2013, 12:26 AM   #416 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by idkfa View Post
Awesome. I find the stock grips decent, but I would totally replace them with something grippier if I could find it.

I had another great time today with the eNMEy. I am grinning like an idiot every time I use it.
It's funny, on the eNMEy I wasn't a fan of the stock grips, but I took them off and put them on my G1 and for some reason I love them on that gun... Doesn't make any sense...
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:37 AM   #417 (permalink)
WVU paintball #19

AKA Fan
ANS gear has some SP grips on sale right now if I'm not mistaken, the ones that came on the NXT I think. They might fit the frame.
minimag03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:53 AM   #418 (permalink)
T-T

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolRogue View Post
It's funny, on the eNMEy I wasn't a fan of the stock grips, but I took them off and put them on my G1 and for some reason I love them on that gun... Doesn't make any sense...
Were the G1 grips made to accommodate the double trigger upgrade? Can't be bothered to get my SP1 out, but it feels like a thing... The enmey look like true single trigger grips.
T-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 04:09 PM   #419 (permalink)

played with mine yesterday, stock except for freak barrel (freak jr back, all american 14" front). i am quite impressed with its performance at the 130.00 price point. a little louder than what i was hoping for. 1 barrel break when chronoing, but that is my fault (purposely made paint more brittle). below are some things i noticed.

-running at 185 psi using a .680 bore insert to get mid 270 FPS shooting Draxxus Midnight paint and Empire Premium Gold.
-pretty consistent out of the box.
-small amount of kick, not enough to agitate my winchester to consistently feed.
-anno seems to scratch easily on regulator, asa, and bolt sleeve. not sure if common of markers at this price point.
-feedneck sits a little bit higher than i would like (about as high as a regular cocker feedneck), but i guess this helps with the ball stack for gravity feed hoppers.
-feedneck can rotate when inserting hopper even when fully tightened down.
-barrel threads are set back in marker about the same as a cocker. i see this as a plus, lets you run a longer barrel without it feeling as long.
-regulator with macro line at bottom of regulator and swivels, a big plus.
-regulator does not degas when tank is removed, it stores an extra shot.
-shiny plastic body kit looks and feels cheap, should have just stuck with the same dust black grn look (or dust colors) on the body.
-ion threads (much quicker to thread barrels on and off), wondering if alpha can rethread marker to cocker threads.
-not sure how i feel about the grips, i prefer the finger grooves to the thin horizontal grooves.

overall, pretty happy with the purchase. i got lots of kills yesterday with the marker (plenty of one shot kills too). planning on getting a New Designz Skeleton bolt to hopefully quiet down the marker. since it weighs 10.5 grams versus 27 grams for the stock bolt, it should also reduce kick. not really sure if a on/off asa is really needed as it does have a safety and my tank easily screws on and off (drop of Triflow on asa threads, and tank is outputting 475psi).
gospeedgo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 04:11 PM   #420 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to blackrain

Quote:
Originally Posted by gospeedgo1 View Post
played with mine yesterday, stock except for freak barrel (freak jr back, all american 14" front). i am quite impressed with its performance at the 130.00 price point. a little louder than what i was hoping for. 1 barrel break when chronoing, but that is my fault (purposely made paint more brittle). below are some things i noticed.

-running at 185 psi using a .680 bore insert to get mid 270 FPS shooting Draxxus Midnight paint and Empire Premium Gold.
-pretty consistent out of the box.
-small amount of kick, not enough to agitate my winchester to consistently feed.
-anno seems to scratch easily on regulator, asa, and bolt sleeve. not sure if common of markers at this price point.
-feedneck sits a little bit higher than i would like (about as high as a regular cocker feedneck), but i guess this helps with the ball stack for gravity feed hoppers.
-feedneck can rotate when inserting hopper even when fully tightened down.
-barrel threads are set back in marker about the same as a cocker. i see this as a plus, lets you run a longer barrel without it feeling as long.
-regulator with macro line at bottom of regulator and swivels, a big plus.
-regulator does not degas when tank is removed, it stores an extra shot.
-shiny plastic body kit looks and feels cheap, should have just stuck with the same dust black grn look (or dust colors) on the body.
-ion threads (much quicker to thread barrels on and off), wondering if alpha can rethread marker to cocker threads.
-not sure how i feel about the grips, i prefer the finger grooves to the thin horizontal grooves.

overall, pretty happy with the purchase. i got lots of kills yesterday with the marker (plenty of one shot kills too). planning on getting a New Designz Skeleton bolt to hopefully quiet down the marker. since it weighs 10.5 grams versus 27 grams for the stock bolt, it should also reduce kick. not really sure if a on/off asa is really needed as it does have a safety and my tank easily screws on and off (drop of Triflow on asa threads, and tank is outputting 475psi).
Even the metal necks rotate a little when fully tightened down.

Later,
Blackrain
blackrain is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » MCB Reviews It