mcarterbrown.com  

MCB Reviews It MCB Reviews it! Have a review of a new gun, or old gun you just tried? New Mask or Gear? Let us know what you think.

Old 03-19-2013, 02:20 PM   #511 (permalink)
MCB Member

Would switching the eNMEy reg for a PPS stab make any difference to how it works on CO2 or cause it to explode all over the place? I plan to run this 100% on CO2 but I don't like how the reg vents the overpressure. It works but it seems crude like swatting a fly with a baseball bat. I was going to run this experiment myself but the ASA screws on my eNMEy were completely rounded off from factory and I can't get them off (well I can but not easily enough to bother right now) so between that and the red loctite I'm starting to think GOG doesn't want anyone changing anything from factory spec.
Agglet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 02:51 PM   #512 (permalink)
Stock Class Aficionado

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agglet View Post
Would switching the eNMEy reg for a PPS stab make any difference to how it works on CO2 or cause it to explode all over the place? I plan to run this 100% on CO2 but I don't like how the reg vents the overpressure. It works but it seems crude like swatting a fly with a baseball bat. I was going to run this experiment myself but the ASA screws on my eNMEy were completely rounded off from factory and I can't get them off (well I can but not easily enough to bother right now) so between that and the red loctite I'm starting to think GOG doesn't want anyone changing anything from factory spec.
I would chalk that up to bad quality control, not to prevent aftermarket modification.
Old 03-19-2013, 03:43 PM   #513 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by idkfa View Post
I would chalk that up to bad quality control, not to prevent aftermarket modification.
I know but it's more fun to think it's a conspiracy against me.
Agglet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 04:32 PM   #514 (permalink)
F*'n Gin Alley Legend

Does anybody know if a grip frame from one of the other Gog / Smart Parts guns will fit on the Enmey? I don't really need it so that the trigger shoots the gun, it's just for a project I'm trying to work out in my head.

I don't have my Enmey yet but I don't want to hack up the original gripframe for this project either if I can get some other one for cheap.

“She’s totally gross over 90% of her body. The other 10% is crazy nasty.” - Dr. Ice Cream
"Although where I come from, we call it Quartz, Parchment, Shears." - Pops

Black barrel covers will get you bonus balled.

Chris From Flurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 05:12 PM   #515 (permalink)
The Man With No Plan

CCM Fan
PBN Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris From Flurry View Post
Does anybody know if a grip frame from one of the other Gog / Smart Parts guns will fit on the Enmey? I don't really need it so that the trigger shoots the gun, it's just for a project I'm trying to work out in my head.

I don't have my Enmey yet but I don't want to hack up the original gripframe for this project either if I can get some other one for cheap.
wouldnt be a hard comparison...

i assume the ion frames will... i'll check tonight, need to clean the poormans luxe anyways
super_stanchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 06:21 PM   #516 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Death View Post
Jay is a slacker. It's not his fault.

Not me, talk to Anthony, he's the one editing the vid. I do machinery, not software lol.

It should be here soon. He told me yesterday it's possible he'd have a working version for me to review today. So, unless I have any major revisions I dare say it might be up by the end of the week.
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 06:27 PM   #517 (permalink)
HQPB.ORG

Top tip if you want to turn the feedneck into a lever clamp for pennies.

I managed to snap the top bolt on my feedneck by crossthreading it (duh!) and had to hastily repair it with a bolt and lever cam I had in my Axe spares kit, which got me thinking....

Got hold of the lever from a stock Axe feedneck from someone who had swapped to a Nano feedneck and voila! Instant lever clamping feedneck!

Just needs some light filing of the neck to bring the lever in tighter to the body, but it works a treat.
Gadget_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 06:30 PM   #518 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by splattttttt View Post
would bumpin the pressure to around 250psi help with sealing?
Probably not, and without significantly devolumizing you'd probably be shooting way hot that way. I'm not sure how much the hoses can handle, they might be ok at that pressure, might not. I turned up the pressure on my reg pretty high chasing down a reg creep issue so I'm going to assume it's safe in that regard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agglet View Post
As long as you use a stab setup for low pressure you should be fine if you want to change the reg. Just make sure you start with it turned all the way down so you don't blow any hoses when you first air it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris From Flurry View Post

If having it still shoot in mech isn't an issue and you're doing something weird and fancy, a Vibe/eNVy frame should bolt right up as they're pretty much the same gun. Only catch is they are double-trigger frames only.

ALL of the GOG frames and even the Ion frame have the same bolt spacing but the Ion frame won't have room for the GOG board and some of the GOG frames might not fit the vert ASA properly. eNVy will be closest to the eNMEy.
FEEDBACK

Last edited by PistolRogue; 03-19-2013 at 06:36 PM.
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 06:53 PM   #519 (permalink)
Stock Class Aficionado

CCM Fan
I am pretty sure it was the washer that rides the bolt on the inside of the bolt stop. A quick cleaning and reapplication of lube fixed it all up. There was factory lube EVERYWHERE inside the gun, even inside the bolt sleeve.

Has anyone else noticed that, at least on the pre-order guns, the bolt was taken from the eNVy and modified? The front tail o-ring was milled after anno.

Last edited by idkfa; 03-19-2013 at 06:56 PM.
idkfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:23 PM   #520 (permalink)
F*'n Gin Alley Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by super_stanchy View Post
wouldnt be a hard comparison...

i assume the ion frames will... i'll check tonight, need to clean the poormans luxe anyways
Any info on that would be appreciated. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolRogue View Post
If having it still shoot in mech isn't an issue and you're doing something weird and fancy, a Vibe/eNVy frame should bolt right up as they're pretty much the same gun. Only catch is they are double-trigger frames only.

ALL of the GOG frames and even the Ion frame have the same bolt spacing but the Ion frame won't have room for the GOG board and some of the GOG frames might not fit the vert ASA properly. eNVy will be closest to the eNMEy.
Thanks for the info. I've never owned an Ion or any of those other guns so I wasn't completely sure. I do plan on keeping it mech but my plans are pretty crazy but I don't even know if they will work out until I get the gun.

“She’s totally gross over 90% of her body. The other 10% is crazy nasty.” - Dr. Ice Cream
"Although where I come from, we call it Quartz, Parchment, Shears." - Pops

Black barrel covers will get you bonus balled.

Chris From Flurry is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » MCB Reviews It