mcarterbrown.com

MCB Reviews It MCB Reviews it! Have a review of a new gun, or old gun you just tried? New Mask or Gear? Let us know what you think.

Old 03-31-2013, 01:44 PM   #571 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by esperto96 View Post
Dang you guys! Now you've got me this close to buying one or two. If you're on the verge of selling off your Automags, then it must be good. And I know how good mags are, I own 4 of them (2 x-valved, 2 classic valved).

The big thing holding me back so far is the little voice in my head that sounds suspiciously like my wife saying "We've already got ten guns why would you need another one?" and "You do remember that we just had a baby, right?"

Then I get the other voice in my head that says, "But they're so inexpensive for what you get" and "Our son wants to shoot your ULE Mag, Honey, because his classic is so heavy and now he wouldn't have to use yours."

Oh the inner turmoil! Somebody make it stop!
I'm a little biased because the automag stuff I've picked up from the BST has only given me problems. I forgot what a working, reliable automag is like. My old automag that I bought new around y2k never gave me any problems.

But, the enmey is definitely an awesome gun, and I'll still risk saying that I'd take it over anything but the most awesomely customized automag. (which of course would run 5x more $$$)
Old 03-31-2013, 01:50 PM   #572 (permalink)

Hopefully, the only two guns I need.

Old 03-31-2013, 02:13 PM   #573 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by samthepainter View Post
I'm a little biased because the automag stuff I've picked up from the BST has only given me problems. I forgot what a working, reliable automag is like. My old automag that I bought new around y2k never gave me any problems.

But, the enmey is definitely an awesome gun, and I'll still risk saying that I'd take it over anything but the most awesomely customized automag. (which of course would run 5x more $$$)
I've been using my Green Tac that I anodized myself, with pretty much zero problems.
That's the only Mag I'll be keeping. Everything else is going. I like to have enough for 4 people plus a spare or two, for when friends come out top play. Once I sell my black Tac One, I'll have 4 Enmeys, my Tac and a Kaos Special Edition pump.

Last edited by henchman; 03-31-2013 at 02:17 PM.
henchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 02:48 PM   #574 (permalink)
Phantom Lords

CCM Fan
Anybody have an opinion on the quality if the stock barrel? Is it a no brainer "replace it", like a tippmann or something, or is it "good barrel, but just too big of a bore and too short" like an axe? I probably going to snag one of these in the next day or two; I'm no sure whether I should leave it stock, get a new ion ifit back and keep the barrel, or just get a new cp barrel (or maybe a deadly winds if I have enough beers before I start clicking around online)

my feedback
Reloadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 02:58 PM   #575 (permalink)
Post Whore

I would get an ifit back if you already have the kit and get it to be ion to whatever other barrels you already own.
Old 03-31-2013, 03:12 PM   #576 (permalink)
MCB Member

I had my stock eNMEy barrel bored for Freak inserts. I had a Freak kit already.
liverlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 03:17 PM   #577 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by liverlip View Post
I had my stock eNMEy barrel bored for Freak inserts. I had a Freak kit already.
How is it?
Old 03-31-2013, 03:24 PM   #578 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by henchman View Post
How is it?
I have only used it a bit, but it shoots great. There is a guy here who Freak bores barrels for a reasonable price. I get almost all my stock barrels done.
liverlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 03:35 PM   #579 (permalink)

There's nothing really wrong with the stock barrel. It's just too short.
Old 03-31-2013, 04:56 PM   #580 (permalink)
Not playing nearly enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by samthepainter View Post
I know that feeling. My first mag got a piece of grit in the reg that really messed with it's behavior and I originally couldn't seem to get the L10 right either. I almost gave up on it. I finally cleaned absolutely EVERYTHING and replaced all the o-rings and it went from misery to paradise.

None of my other mags were nearly so troublesome.
esperto96 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » MCB Reviews It