mcarterbrown.com  

MCB Reviews It MCB Reviews it! Have a review of a new gun, or old gun you just tried? New Mask or Gear? Let us know what you think.

Old 04-04-2013, 09:01 PM   #591 (permalink)
F*'n Gin Alley Legend

Does anybody know of a fitting that has female threads that the Enmey banjo could screw into and then either have a barb or hose press fit on the other end? I need something like that so I can keep the 3 way in the trigger frame and relocate the solid molded hose rear fitting end to the body in a remote location (not attached to the frame).

“She’s totally gross over 90% of her body. The other 10% is crazy nasty.” - Dr. Ice Cream
"Although where I come from, we call it Quartz, Parchment, Shears." - Pops

Black barrel covers will get you bonus balled.

Chris From Flurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:14 PM   #592 (permalink)
Not playing nearly enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by esperto96 View Post
Now you guys did it. I ordered one and it's on it's way.

If I find that they really are made of the sunshine, lollipops, and rainbows you all say they are, then I'll cull the existing herd and use the funds to buy more Enmeys for the fleet.
It has arrived! I aired it up and put about 70 rounds of two year old paint through it at my poor apple tree. Out of the box it was shooting at 305-315 fps. I turned the reg down and now have it shooting in the 275-285 range. The gun was easy to aim and put that old paint on target. I never tested the anti-chop.

My impressions. The trigger is lighter/faster than a classic mag but not my ULE. Part of that might be the extra leverage I get from the two finger blade trigger. It had a nice short pull. I plan to give it the set screw mod to make it even shorter.

The action felt much louder and violent than I thought it would be, though the recoil seemed minimal. I did a few slow triiger pulls and it felt like the bolt slammed forward with a solid FWUMP! When I released the trigger, another solid FWUMP! Reminds me of an autocockimag with a loud 3way/ram.

My wife said it was quieter than she thought it would be but she was feeding the baby inside during the test. I wonder if it's a case of the sound seeming louder to the shooter than to anyone else. She's been inside for other backyard tests and could tell a difference. A different barrel will likely quiet it even further.

The frame felt a bit cramped in my hands but I think that was due to me using a 45/4500 when my other guns have rail mounts that put the same tank about an inch further down and further back. I think it will be more comfortable with my 68/4500 or to swap in one of my rail/ASA combos from one of the other guns.

The barrel is incredibly fast to twist on and off. It's actually a shame that cocker threads have become the industry standard.

Overall, I think I'm going to like it. ...and that came out wordier than I thought it would.
esperto96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:26 PM   #593 (permalink)
Post Whore

You HAVE to do the set screw mod to really appreciate how light the trigger pull is on the Enmey.

Also, as far as noise levels go, my tests have shown the Furious Lotus to be the most quiet.
Old 04-05-2013, 07:01 AM   #594 (permalink)
Six Point Five

I got a enmey/envy clamping feed neck from paintball gateway. It doesnt slip over the little lip in the bottom of the feed neck. But it screws on tightly and fits my revvy perfect. Anyone else pick up a metal feedneck clamp?

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
ves206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 08:18 AM   #595 (permalink)
Not playing nearly enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ves206 View Post
I got a enmey/envy clamping feed neck from paintball gateway. It doesnt slip over the little lip in the bottom of the feed neck. But it screws on tightly and fits my revvy perfect. Anyone else pick up a metal feedneck clamp?
I plan to find a wide head thumb screw and use that on the stock feedneck. I might have a couple from those crappy hard plastic/acrylic elbows that always cracked in my random parts box. If I can't find one of those that fits, I'll see if I can scare up one from the hardware store that will.
esperto96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:10 AM   #596 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris From Flurry View Post
Does anybody know of a fitting that has female threads that the Enmey banjo could screw into and then either have a barb or hose press fit on the other end? I need something like that so I can keep the 3 way in the trigger frame and relocate the solid molded hose rear fitting end to the body in a remote location (not attached to the frame).
They're 10-32 threads on the banjoes if that helps. I've never seen a 10-32 to 1/8 npt adapter but it wouldn't be too hard to make if you have the drills and taps for each thread.

Edit: actually if you want barbs just get a 10-32 double sided female adapter and it should work. Just needs to be flat around the hole so the orings will seal against it.
FEEDBACK

Last edited by PistolRogue; 04-05-2013 at 09:14 AM.
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:30 AM   #597 (permalink)
F*'n Gin Alley Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolRogue View Post
They're 10-32 threads on the banjoes if that helps. I've never seen a 10-32 to 1/8 npt adapter but it wouldn't be too hard to make if you have the drills and taps for each thread.

Edit: actually if you want barbs just get a 10-32 double sided female adapter and it should work. Just needs to be flat around the hole so the orings will seal against it.
Thanks for the info. I guess then I would need to find a 10-32 female to barb fitting. So female threads on one side and a barb on the other end. It could be straight or an angled fitting. Then I would need another Ion/Enmey banjo fitting.

“She’s totally gross over 90% of her body. The other 10% is crazy nasty.” - Dr. Ice Cream
"Although where I come from, we call it Quartz, Parchment, Shears." - Pops

Black barrel covers will get you bonus balled.

Chris From Flurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 11:20 AM   #598 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ves206 View Post
Yes. I dremeldmhe plastic lip off.
Old 04-06-2013, 07:58 PM   #599 (permalink)
Stock Class Aficionado

CCM Fan
Okay, weird problem.

My eNMEy leaks from somewhere in the body when the trigger frame is on. However, when the trigger frame is off it is fine, and I can shoot it by pressing the on/off. It seems like a high pressure leak, I can see my tank draining quickly.

Any thoughts?
Old 04-07-2013, 02:04 AM   #600 (permalink)
The Man With No Plan

CCM Fan
PBN Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by idkfa View Post
Okay, weird problem.

My eNMEy leaks from somewhere in the body when the trigger frame is on. However, when the trigger frame is off it is fine, and I can shoot it by pressing the on/off. It seems like a high pressure leak, I can see my tank draining quickly.

Any thoughts?
did an oring on the banjos go bad?
leak in a hose?

orrrrrrrrr!!!

is one of your hoses kinked and not sealing? thats what causes little leaks on my mech ions in the past
super_stanchy is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » MCB Reviews It