mcarterbrown.com  

MCB Reviews It MCB Reviews it! Have a review of a new gun, or old gun you just tried? New Mask or Gear? Let us know what you think.

Old 05-14-2013, 01:20 PM   #671 (permalink)
"Fidget"

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by esperto96 View Post
I've had no leaks or issues with mine but I've only played with it once at a big game and used about 3/4ths of a case (approx 1500 shots). I was chronoing consistently between 271-274 fps both at home and at the game using a Crossfire 45/4500 and a J&J aluminum 2 piece barrel from my Automag (I have a cocker to ion adapter). It is a nice shooter at any price and an amazing value at $130.
Thats just and issue I run into with most guns. Ironically enough the thing that has been the most consistent to me is the DRV untill recently, I was getting a chrono of +/-3 for the longest time.
My TPX was all over the place with HPA(+/-16, sometimes like a 75fps jump), was better with 12g's with a deviation of +/-7.
My T8 sits close with a +/-6 depending on the cold weather.
I just figured with how accurate this marker is for a $130 it would be close to your numbers. I'll toy with the reg a bit more, hopefully It will get straightened out soon before im off to legends. I hate having to chrono low just to not break the FPS limit on spikes.

MCB FEEDBACK

4G010H3R0'S WTB THREAD

Facebook Page

Last edited by 4G010H3R0; 05-14-2013 at 01:28 PM.
4G010H3R0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 01:16 AM   #672 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

Unless you're substantially overboring, chances are FPS +/- numbers are going to swing depending on the paint you're using more than anything else. Especially when underboring, the way each ball lands in the breech will make a difference how it fits in the barrel when pushed forward. This is because all paint will be slightly elliptical, some more than others. The only real way to eliminate that as a factor is to overbore enough that no matter how it lands in the barrel the ball isn't squeezed by the barrel walls.
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 01:29 AM   #673 (permalink)
Post Whore

My Enmey is a consistent +/- 5 FPS.
And every weekend, I just walk u to the chrono. Fire a couple of shots. Done.
No need to adjust a single thing.
It's very consistent.
Old 05-15-2013, 08:58 AM   #674 (permalink)
"Fidget"

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolRogue View Post
Unless you're substantially overboring, chances are FPS +/- numbers are going to swing depending on the paint you're using more than anything else. Especially when underboring, the way each ball lands in the breech will make a difference how it fits in the barrel when pushed forward. This is because all paint will be slightly elliptical, some more than others. The only real way to eliminate that as a factor is to overbore enough that no matter how it lands in the barrel the ball isn't squeezed by the barrel walls.
that actually makes a lot of sense and figured thats why I would get swings every now and then. I ran a tight bore with the TPX all the time. Prolly the reason I was able to get 4 and 5 mags out of a single 12g. I guess I can lighten up my squeeze on the balls

Quote:
Originally Posted by henchman View Post
My Enmey is a consistent +/- 5 FPS.
And every weekend, I just walk u to the chrono. Fire a couple of shots. Done.
No need to adjust a single thing.
It's very consistent.
well considering the above and How tight I usually run my barrels I dont think a swing of 9 really was that bad. I mean I was hitting a tree/sapling about 75ft out that was no wider than a deck of playing cards 8 times out of 10.

MCB FEEDBACK

4G010H3R0'S WTB THREAD

Facebook Page

Last edited by 4G010H3R0; 05-16-2013 at 07:21 PM.
4G010H3R0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 09:23 AM   #675 (permalink)
Not playing nearly enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4G010H3R0 View Post
that actually makes a lot of sense and figured thats why I would get swings every now and then. I ran a tight bore with the TPX all the time. Prolly the reason I was able to get 4 and 5 mags out of a single 12g. I guess I can lighten up my squeeze on the balls

well considering the above and How tight I usually run my barrels I dont think a swing of 9 really was that bad. I mean I was hitting a tree/sappling about 75ft out that was no wider than a deck of playing cards 8 times out of 10 when I was actually aiming at it. Just every now and then it shot way past it.
Yes, mine was overbored and that probably contributed to my narrow variation. I ran some numbers a few years back and a velocity variation of 20 fps results in about a 3 -4 inch drop at 30 yards (a typical engagement range). You can easily get a greater variation from the vortex shedding and other ballistic properties of the ball being round (or unround with crappy paint).

After running those numbers, I stopped caring if my gun was fluctuation 10 or 15 fps. However, the closer I can shoot to the upper legal limit, the shots are more likely to break on target thanks to kinetic energy, f=mv^2. The energy imparted goes up by a square power as you increase velocity linearly.
esperto96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 03:52 PM   #676 (permalink)
Radical!

Whoa, easy with the nerd speak. Almost had a school flashback, and that's a terrible thing... especially since i rarely paid attention, and dropped out of college, so i don't know what the school flashback would entail.

In case anyone is wondering, mounting a CP Mini Direct Mount on/off needs screws 1 1/4" long. Stock screws are too short, and CP's screws are too long. I bought 1 1/2" screws from Ace & cut em down (didn't have anything between that and 1").
nerdcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 11:36 PM   #677 (permalink)
Not playing nearly enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdcore View Post
Whoa, easy with the nerd speak. Almost had a school flashback, and that's a terrible thing... especially since i rarely paid attention, and dropped out of college, so i don't know what the school flashback would entail.
Am I the only one that find's the irony of this statement coming from a guy named Nerdcore?
esperto96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 12:44 AM   #678 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

Quote:
Am I the only one that find's the irony of this statement coming from a guy named Nerdcore?
No, I saw it too and thought the same thing.

>>> Link to prototype Dust Devil<<<

DT1 Dust Devil want list. Click me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by neftaly View Post
New advertising tagline: "Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever."
Feedback
desertT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 01:34 PM   #679 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Kilt Fan
I finally got a chance to give my eNMEy a good workout and a thorough evaluation. I used it for several hours at Living Legends this weekend. I had plans to alter/upgrade it, but no longer feel that it is a good idea, or necessary. Other than the trigger mod, doing much else seems like it would be an exercise in futility.

The more performance that you try to squeeze out of this 130.00 plastic marker, the more you bring out its failure points.

I shot it with a Freak barrel, 14", and got the range and shot quality that I had expected, which I would rate as very good. You get a lot for the money, for sure. Is this marker the second coming of Christ? No.

Rocking it for the Fringe Division!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fring...616810?fref=ts
Broch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 11:21 AM   #680 (permalink)
Radical!

Quote:
lol, i know, right? Old name i use, got it off a tshirt over 10 yrs ago. There isn't much nerdy about me at all... unless you ask my cousin, then yes, there is.

Broch - agreed. There isn't much the Enmey needs in terms of upgrades. I slapped an on/off on there, then bought a freak back (already had the other parts of the barrel). Now it's complete.
nerdcore is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » MCB Reviews It