mcarterbrown.com  

MCB Reviews It MCB Reviews it! Have a review of a new gun, or old gun you just tried? New Mask or Gear? Let us know what you think.

Old 05-29-2013, 04:06 PM   #701 (permalink)
Newbie++

CCM Fan
I was using a GOG Enmey with Halo TSA @ Classic Paintball this past weekend. It worked flawlessly. The only weak point I see is the 3 way. The screws that hold the 3 way together can easily strip due to over pressuring or over tightening.

In fact, I saw one 3-way was shattered into 2 pieces right out of the box.

"Originally posted by Element Paintball@pbnation: you realize it would be easier to get a new wife than a new dc2."

My MCB Feedback

Last edited by noclue119; 05-29-2013 at 04:35 PM.
noclue119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 05:10 PM   #702 (permalink)
Radical!

Quote:
Originally Posted by noclue119 View Post
The only weak point I see is the 3 way. The screws that hold the 3 way together can easily strip due to over pressuring or over tightening.

In fact, I saw one 3-way was shattered into 2 pieces right out of the box.
Wondered about that. I took it apart once out of curiosity, but made me nervous. Of all the parts to make composite...

I would not be opposed to someone making an aluminum version.
nerdcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 05:21 PM   #703 (permalink)
Stock Class Aficionado

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdcore View Post
Wondered about that. I took it apart once out of curiosity, but made me nervous. Of all the parts to make composite...

I would not be opposed to someone making an aluminum version.
I wonder how much that would cost GOG to incorporate into the production version? I would be willing to pay for that, it really is the only weak point in the design.
Old 05-29-2013, 05:29 PM   #704 (permalink)
Radical!

If they didn't bother making the 'noid housing w/ the barb on the Ion board out of metal when they were SP, i doubt they'll change the 3-way on the Enmey. Are the 'noid housings on the Envy & Extcy composite, too?
Old 05-29-2013, 07:04 PM   #705 (permalink)
Lazy, Shift-less Bastard.

Brass N Wood Fan
i almost recall opening up an envy and seeing a composite housing, but i could be totally wrong.

side note: nerdcore. guessing by your name, you're a Scholastic Deth fan?
grandpa_813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 07:05 PM   #706 (permalink)

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
I'd assume so, they seem to prefer sending replacement parts rather then using the metal parts from the get go. They are more then happy to replace the 3-way for several of my friends and a local field owner.

Dust Red/Chrome Evil Pimp Kit
Evil Detonator HPR, Machette On/Off, Stock Trigger w/ Spring, Matrix Detent Mod/Detents, Kila Eye Covers, Kila Grips, Chrome Evil Smokestack

Dangerous Power Dark Earth Threshold- Black CP HPR
AGD Classic Mag - Intelliframe, Benchmark rail/forgrip, Shocktech drop/ASA.
Azodin KP2 2011 - Stock

Barrels
A/C - Evil Pipe Kit (Gloss Black/Silver), Lucker .678, CP .691 (Dust Black). Bob Long Assasins .689
Impulse - Evil Pipe Kit (Gloss Black/Silver), 14inch Pipe (Dust Black/Silver), Redz Pepperstick .689
99BPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 10:14 PM   #707 (permalink)
Radical!

grandpa - to be completely honest, i had no idea "nerdcore" was a thing until YEARS after i started using the screenname. I wore (and wear) nerdy glasses. I bought a t-shirt with nerdy glasses on it. It said "nerdcore" underneath. Shortly after, my escape into the virtual world began, and that's the first name that popped up. I've since stopped using it with newer things, though.

99bps - gardner bros need to rebuild their empire somehow. Get that mooonaaay! :P
Old 05-30-2013, 01:45 AM   #708 (permalink)
hth
Seasoned Member

The orange detents are check its, and the second one are axe detents. Remember how the mini was put into an ion shell back in in prototyping?
hth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 09:33 AM   #709 (permalink)
Merc

Send a message via AIM to JOESPUD27

CCM Fan
I'm heavily considering picking up an enmey. I shot one of the local rentals when they first came out and wasn't too big on the efficiency. I plan on running it with a 12v Revvy, cause that's the fastest loader I own. I did not have a problem with short-stroking/cuffing. I don't remember breaking a ball, but I posted my initial thoughts back in this thread. The setscrew mod seems neat, but not sure I'd need it. New bolts are great, but doubt I could find any. New detents replace the stock because...old ones don't last as long? I just want to pickup a cheap semi. Only downer is I'll have to pickup a new barrel (only cocker threads here). I wish Lurker still made Eigens in Ion threads...I prefer 1pc barrels.

Jay

Best Field in STL
JOESPUD27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 10:41 AM   #710 (permalink)
Pop-Up Ninja

If you want a 1-piece barrel, just grab a .685 CP and call it a day for $30.
As for everything else you said, I agree. There are things that would make the gun slightly "better", but they're not worth the cost (bolts and such) or risk of voiding the warranty (setscrew mod) in my personal opinion. Gun + CP ASA + Fibur barrel = DONE.

Go ye therefore to all the nations, baptizing them in copious amounts of paint.

Proud member of Team On Target.
www.teamontargetpb.com
Murf425 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » MCB Reviews It