mcarterbrown.com  

MCB Reviews It MCB Reviews it! Have a review of a new gun, or old gun you just tried? New Mask or Gear? Let us know what you think.

Old 06-04-2013, 02:57 AM   #741 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zepulkinator View Post
I played with my eNMEy today for a few hours. I shot 4 pods and a 240rd Prophechy on a 3500psi fill on a 70/45. Had a freak barrel, was using a .679 insert and XO V1 paint. Shot 280's in the chrono area. Instead of using the set screw method, my buddy just used a 9v connector from a Revvy and shimmed the trigger. It has an extremly short trigger pull.
Enough about the numbers and specs. I had an absolute BLAST out there. It is my first time using the eNMEy ( shot it in the backyard). I did get some barrel breaks, but I chalk that up to under boring too much.

This gun is so light and is as fast an electro if you would only pull the trigger with one finger.

It feels perfect in my hands and this is one little cheap marker that I don't see myself putting down anytime soon.
That's actually my next project, coming up with a more "permanent" way to shim the trigger instead of using the set screw mod. I went with the set screw at first because I honestly didn't know how much you could shorten the pull without screwing something up (like the function of the safety, for example).

The con of the set screw is that it brings the trigger closer to the frame at resting position, so for real steel shooters used to a trigger face contacting the tip of their finger, bringing it in like this inevitably puts it in the inside of the knuckle, which goes against good shooting habits. Shimming the trigger prevents this but makes it harder to be adjustable. So as with most things it's a tradeoff.
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 05:07 AM   #742 (permalink)
TOTAL GREIF

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by henchman View Post
Quality?
Quality is in the eye of the beholder.
Nothing wrong with the quality, just because it doesn't cost $1000

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3689/8...36624a39_c.jpg
Untitled by markwhensley, on Flickr
I knew I would ruffle some feathers when I brought this up. For the price I can't complain. But a metal frame would have been nice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broch View Post
The enmey is a nice marker, especially for its price. I had a nice time shooting it at legends. It is not a 1000 dollar marker, nor a five hundred dollar marker, nor does it shoot like one. That being said, it is a lot of fun. I've had the most fun playing paintball with inexpensive and great shooting markers.

I would not question Zepulkinators view of the marker in the least. I saw him command a metric arse load of respect at Spring Pump Event with a PGP, taking out CCM wielding opponents like he was getting paid to. In paintball, while having a precision marker helps, it doesn't determine how your day will go.
Thanks for having my back Broch, you're alright!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolRogue View Post
That's actually my next project, coming up with a more "permanent" way to shim the trigger instead of using the set screw mod. I went with the set screw at first because I honestly didn't know how much you could shorten the pull without screwing something up (like the function of the safety, for example).

The con of the set screw is that it brings the trigger closer to the frame at resting position, so for real steel shooters used to a trigger face contacting the tip of their finger, bringing it in like this inevitably puts it in the inside of the knuckle, which goes against good shooting habits. Shimming the trigger prevents this but makes it harder to be adjustable. So as with most things it's a tradeoff.
The 9v connector that was used pretty much puts the trigger in the same place as if you used the set screw. My buddy just didn't think there was enough "meat" there to put a set screw inside the frame. I agree, I wish I could get the trigger to set where it did stock, just without the pre-travel play.

Jay, it was Spanky that helped me mod this and pretty much all my guns.
Old 06-04-2013, 01:14 PM   #743 (permalink)
Post Whore

Having been a big Automag can, I don't see the big advantage of a metal frame vs a composite.
Old 06-04-2013, 03:10 PM   #744 (permalink)
TOTAL GREIF

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Guarantee you could not hang a car from this one
Old 06-04-2013, 06:49 PM   #745 (permalink)
Merc

Send a message via AIM to JOESPUD27

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zepulkinator View Post
Guarantee you could not hang a car from this one
How bout a golf cart? (Xtreme Joke)

Jay

Best Field in STL
JOESPUD27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 07:31 PM   #746 (permalink)

Unfortunately mine didn't work at Legends, and noone could fix it. But I just got it back from GoG, so we'll see. It was awesome when it worked and I really want it to be reliable.
Old 06-06-2013, 08:19 PM   #747 (permalink)
F*'n Gin Alley Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by samthepainter View Post
Unfortunately mine didn't work at Legends, and noone could fix it. But I just got it back from GoG, so we'll see. It was awesome when it worked and I really want it to be reliable.
Was it a 3-way problem?

“She’s totally gross over 90% of her body. The other 10% is crazy nasty.” - Dr. Ice Cream
"Although where I come from, we call it Quartz, Parchment, Shears." - Pops

Black barrel covers will get you bonus balled.

Chris From Flurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 11:09 PM   #748 (permalink)
TOTAL GREIF

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Played with my eNMEy again today. It's a really fun gun to shoot and its so light.

But I'm only getting 4 pods and a hopper off a 70/45 filled to 3500psi. Using a .682 freak insert, shooting 280's.

Anyway, here are some mods to my eNMEy that make it super comfy. Added a Vibe reg cover onto the reg, traded out the stock grips for Vibe grips, shimmed the trigger. Still have to add an bored out Ego feedneck from paintballgateway...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (305.8 KB, 148 views)
Old 06-08-2013, 12:07 AM   #749 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Well, the body on my enemy broke this weekend. Where the feedneck attaches to the body. I have emailed and called GOG(left a voicemail) and they still haven't got back to me. I want to fix my marker! blah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimace View Post
Auto-Trigger. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every mother****er in the room, accept no substitutes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdcore View Post
That was worded better while you were hungover than most internet posts are while their writers are dead sober & pain free.

MCB Trust
Silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 01:03 PM   #750 (permalink)
Low skill High enthusiasm

So what are you guys running hopper wise on your enmys? I am looking into getting one, I would probably use a 13/3000 on it because I love my 13/3000. I imagine I will get about 120 shots. Right now I'm thinking spring feed, cut down revy, or pocket hopper. I'm leaning towards spring feed, think tac one long bow. OOOOh and a t-stock of the bottom, I'm excited just think about it.
Three Cocker Barrels and a CCI Phantom one.
Barrel Sale
Striving to achieve everlasting glory in Vahalla
Cattle die, kinsmen die
all men are mortal.
Words of praise, will never perish
nor a noble name.
- The Havamal
Panda is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » MCB Reviews It