mcarterbrown.com  

MCB Reviews It MCB Reviews it! Have a review of a new gun, or old gun you just tried? New Mask or Gear? Let us know what you think.

Old 01-10-2013, 09:20 PM   #11 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

CCM Fan
have you looked to the RC industry for a higher torque brushed motor??? something of the 180 variety like in the following link:

Aliexpress.com : Buy Free shipping high quality 180 SH carbon brush magnetic motor of high speed high horsepower DC micro motor toy DIY from Reliable DC micro motor suppliers on Toy Parts Small-Wholesale
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOldSkool View Post
I've played pump against the worst of the paintball scum bags, do I hang it up? Nah.... I play angrier.
B_i_s_c_u_i_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:56 AM   #12 (permalink)
Post Whore

Used my DAM for the first time this past weekend. Really enjoyed shooting it. I didn't have access to First Strikes, so I can't speak to that, but I did test out the magazine feed with regular balls as well as hopper feeding with a rotor.

It's way lighter than my DM-4, and it shoulders perfectly with a 68ci tank on it. I think I may end up removing one of the foregrip sections, since it seems a bit bulky with both of them on. Overall, it shot very consistently (+/- 3fps or so). I can't talk to efficiency, since the field was only filling to 2000 initially, so we'd top off between games (hyperball), and I was pretty much just playing hopperball anyways

Very impressed with little design features around the gun: toolless battery access, magnetically hidden bolt removal (pulling the back side of the bolt, disengages the magnet, and allows for more leverage when unthreading it), the barrel shroud rail-foregrip sections are interchangable designed, allowing for a potentially infinite number of sections to be added, and there is an iron sight that's somewhat hidden in the top rail.

overall, very good stuff

Thunderstruck

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~FinSec View Post
If it has tits or tires its gonna cause trouble.

Chachi is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » MCB Reviews It