mcarterbrown.com  

MCB Reviews It MCB Reviews it! Have a review of a new gun, or old gun you just tried? New Mask or Gear? Let us know what you think.

Old 12-15-2012, 02:23 PM   #11 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmartin View Post
Wish you would said something when you stopped by the office, I had 5 extra new brass eagle versions in my office. Just sold them two days ago.

Oh and great review punisher.

Thanks for the compliment.
Thank you for answering so many questions,curious to see what Kingamn comes up with next

Wondering if anyone has used metal brakeline for airlines?I'd like to clean up the look of the hoses for my dropline,macroline loves to leak,i've always hated the stuff
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
punisher068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 03:16 PM   #12 (permalink)
Wait, what?

AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
The original vert air conversion on my Hammer 1 (...?) was done with flared stainless line and compression fittings. Seemed to work but I swapped on hose for... flexibility.
Feedback
matteekay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 04:34 PM   #13 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmartin View Post
He was so excited to shoot the gun, never thought to take him on a tour of the rest of the place.
i'm just glad i didn't giggle like senghing
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 02:45 PM   #14 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by matteekay View Post
The original vert air conversion on my Hammer 1 (...?) was done with flared stainless line and compression fittings. Seemed to work but I swapped on hose for... flexibility.
Thanks for the info,actually saw your sig pic to figure out how to run the macroline,got enought brakeline and fittings to get this done,wanting to cover line with shrink tube so it'll match the gun
Old 12-16-2012, 11:45 PM   #15 (permalink)

Nice review and pics. I am thinking about selling the Trracer now to get one of these.
tundra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 06:16 PM   #16 (permalink)
Post Whore

I agree completely with the extended pump arm covers
Aka "wagz" on the field
Keebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 02:30 PM   #17 (permalink)
MCB Member

Added a hardline and CP on\off and M14 rail on pumphandle.It was a little difficult to add the hardline without interfearing with the mag release and safety,had to add a piece of clear tubing to space it off the body so the safety wouldnt get bumped,I'll probably remove the safety if i can do it without messing with the trigger assembly,dont want to take it apart untill i have to
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF2064.JPG (111.1 KB, 427 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF2069.JPG (105.7 KB, 426 views)
Old 12-26-2012, 07:40 PM   #18 (permalink)
Wait, what?

AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
Nice work!
Feedback
matteekay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:22 PM   #19 (permalink)
MCB Member

Had my 1st field test today and was very excited to try my 1st whole day of pump play,I even left my spares at home so not to tempt myself.I play outlaw and woodsball mostly where groups allow any fire modes and crono to 300fps so I expected a challange being a total pump newb
Rain all morning untill we started playing then cleared,was about 50 deg most of the day,turnout was good at about 20-25 players.I was shooting some Valken Infinity rec grade paint that was smallish.first several crono shots were over 320 with air!Quick fix and got a consitant 285 +/-5fps.I was using my 68/45 and trusty Revy Ive had since the 90s
1st game,got bold,1st player out :P
2nd game,managed to crawl midfield on the tapeline trench.Got a confirmed gog shot at around 50-60 feet thru a slat in a pallet.Got another player from the same position sson after.Tried a little autotrigger and got a few double feeds,probably user error.used about 2/3 or a hopper
3rd game I switched to magfed paintballs,cronoed a consistantly again,brought 2 10 round tubes.managed to make it thru a mag and one reload before I was shot out.
Field reload wasnt too tough but now I know magfed is worth buying more mags
4th game,We defended,switched to FS rounds,The hometeam'the Jokers teammated donated 20 FS strike rounds,thanks Frodo!!brought a tube of FS rounds extra + my 2 10 rounders.Found the FS rounds dificult to chamber,realy requires you to cock the gun carefully all the way back,I wonder if adjusting the pump rod would help?Missed my nephews head and cameraman by a few feet with a FS,they both said it had a noticable sound,hopefully its on film
My field review as a pump noob with a new gun
Pump play,I'm hooked,knew I would be ,kind of why I waited to buy one.definately a learning curve and yes I tried to fire it without cocking it 1st a few times :P
Hammer 7.As this is the 1st pump Ive owned and I never played a full day with one
I may be biased.Felt good and stable in my hands,pump was smooth,easy to sight down with a mask and bottomline,NO BREAKS!I did only shoot about 200 rounds but I wish I could say that about my 2 other guns I bought new ,a 07 PMR and Gen 1 Ion I still have.
Paintball magfed had no issues,I even managed a reload with tubes a few times
FS I did have some issues with,there may be an adjustment I can make,it worked about 1/2 the time,i still have a few extras so ill do some more tests.
Acuracy seemed above average for smallbore recball paint,though it was fresh and undimpled.I did have some doublefeeds on autotrigger but I really dont expect to use it much,seems to me this would be common with any pump
Did I mention no breaks.And I only shot 200ish rounds,and used maybe 1k of my 4500?
And the Hammer cost under $150?Do I love it,how couldnt I.I could see playing all day with a half dozen mags and a 13/3 tank
The Jokers were filming today,hope they caught a little video of some Hammer time
Old 01-06-2013, 10:40 PM   #20 (permalink)
Post Whore

Nice review!! Glad you had fun with it!
danssoslow is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » MCB Reviews It