mcarterbrown.com  

MCB Reviews It MCB Reviews it! Have a review of a new gun, or old gun you just tried? New Mask or Gear? Let us know what you think.

Old 12-14-2012, 10:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
Post Whore

My 1st pump ever! Hammer 7

Tossed around the idea of trying some pump play recently,althought I've been playing since '95 Ive never played with a pump.My 11 yr old nephew has started playing with me and I've found myself playing at public fields more so Ive decided to challenge myself by changing my game up abit not to mention I'm his "paint sponser" and thought I could cut cost abit also.I've also been curious about a FS platform,Ive seen them in action and was very impressed

Enter the Hammer 7.FS,pump,mag or hopper fed and affordable.All in one package.Think I was sold on it at 1st glance.Now I have one and so far its lived up to my expectations in my backyard tests.This is the 1st marker i've bought new since '07 when i bought a PMR and Ions(s)and really the only marker thats caught my eye in that time

Since I'm a pump newb heres my impression
The Good
Great size and build quality,I was expecting it to be alot bigger from pics I've seen,I shot a photo to compare it with my nephews mech Ion for comparison.Im not bothered by the composite material its made of,the pump action is solid with very little play even with the barrel removed
Ball detent,easily accessed by rotating the barrel.A big +,seems rollouts on old pumps were common
Mags have a nice feel,didnt find it to be loose or tight fitting.I tried to dislodge paint out of the mag when off the gun by hitting it againts my hand,balls stayed firmly in their place dispite my efforts.I also test fit an on/off ASA,solid there also(see pic),feedneck is low profile,solid and clamping,something we often pay extra for even on high end guns
Shot a hopperload consistant out of the box @275+/-10 fps with rec grade Valken paint that was a little underbored with air,blame the paint more than the gun,I also wonder if there isnt a break in period
It came with FS rounds.Wow,thanks Kingman
A new gun with all that for the price!?!You could spend more on a hopper or barrel,etc!!
Updates and question answered before release here by Imartin,awesome customer service before release,you really sold me there !

The Bad
Really only on gripe and I feel its very minor
Switching from mag to hopper is easy to do but i found even with a jewelers screwdriver it was a little difficult to access the philips screws(see pic)
A few minutes with a rattail file and fixed.Think it might help to use allen screws instead with a ball head wrench,but I was inpatient so..

Potential mods
Heat shrink tube on adjusting allen wrech.I did this to prevent scratching the inside of the barrel(see pic)Also added mircoline on the T end.probably could use some fuel hoses etc for this
instead but i had some around
Thumbscrew\pullpin for mag to hopper barrel switch switch.See someone has already done this with theirs
Air thru stock.Wish I hadnt traded away my old one I used on my 'Mag now
Raised site rail.Althought it seems fine when I tested it with my Flex 8 gogs on using the back bottle adapter a sight rail might be an improvement
Airthru grip\ASA.I know someone will do this eventually.At this pricepoint it can't be cost effective
Extended pump arms to cover exposed bolt(see pic)Dont know if they'd get in the way,could help keep paint and dirt out of the bolt section

Overall I'm overly impressed without any field time,really looking forward to "Hammer" out some rounds at my local public field and start a new pump paintball experience.If you'd have told me in '95 you could get so much for so little $ I think i would've laughed.Thanks Kingman for putting quality and variety in one package.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF2039.JPG (89.9 KB, 928 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF2040.JPG (92.5 KB, 931 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF2043.JPG (113.9 KB, 928 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF2044.JPG (95.0 KB, 920 views)
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

Last edited by punisher068; 11-07-2014 at 02:42 PM.
punisher068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 10:11 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

that vlocity seems overkill, but if i was you, i would do the same just because i could
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 10:13 PM   #3 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by heinous View Post
that vlocity seems overkill, but if i was you, i would do the same just because i could
Just trying my heaviest most akward hopper on for size,Ill use my trust old Revvy for gameplay
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
punisher068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 10:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by punisher068 View Post
Just trying my heaviest most akward hopper on for size,Ill use my trust old Revvy for gameplay
wish i could. mine's starting to crack and the lid loosening
Old 12-14-2012, 11:13 PM   #5 (permalink)
Spyder

Wish you would said something when you stopped by the office, I had 5 extra new brass eagle versions in my office. Just sold them two days ago.

Oh and great review punisher.

Thanks for the compliment.
lmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 11:35 PM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

doh! well them's the ways of the used market.
Old 12-15-2012, 12:20 AM   #7 (permalink)
Spyder

Used? They were brand new with original warranty cards from brass eagle.
Old 12-15-2012, 12:39 AM   #8 (permalink)
Banned

well then i done goofed
Old 12-15-2012, 01:27 AM   #9 (permalink)
Wait, what?

AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
You let heinous in your office...?
Feedback
matteekay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 02:24 AM   #10 (permalink)
Spyder

He was so excited to shoot the gun, never thought to take him on a tour of the rest of the place.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » MCB Reviews It