mcarterbrown.com

MCB Reviews It MCB Reviews it! Have a review of a new gun, or old gun you just tried? New Mask or Gear? Let us know what you think.

Old 01-13-2013, 11:06 PM   #11 (permalink)
Old school from way back!

I don't think he's talking about Elite or the field in Madison that never came to fruition.
Started with a Splatmaster, moved onto a Nelspot 007, then came the Autocockers, then "reliability", a STERLING Pump, next was a Bob Long defiant then a PM7. As of now I have 4 Sterling Pumps, 1 Phantom for SC and 2 Spyder's one is a future Spump.

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
turbowagonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:15 PM   #12 (permalink)
Serving Tea for CCM

Send a message via AIM to senghing27

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbowagonman View Post
I don't think he's talking about Elite or the field in Madison that never came to fruition.
Interesting. I guess it's a wait and see approach for this field. Legs hope it doesn't fall flat on its face like others.
~My Feedback~
senghing27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 05:35 AM   #13 (permalink)
I am not a macodomy!!

Hey Turbo if you don't mind driving to play try Pentagon Paintball in PA, just a bit over the border. 60+ miles and almost all of it on I-90, so not too bad of a drive. Usually a fair turn out and not much sitting around between games, nice staging area and refs. Best of all $15 is all you pay for your yearly fee to play open day (Sundays) 10:00 am to 5:00pm, paint is priced fair and they sell yearly air cards for tanks too. And there is a small gathering of MCB's I have bumped into there.
Used to play Pinnacle in the late 80's and 90's and love all their fields, Tony and Steve run a great business. Have to say I haven't played there since a spring fling game in 92'.
caplucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 06:47 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by caplucky View Post
Hey Turbo if you don't mind driving to play try Pentagon Paintball in PA, just a bit over the border. 60+ miles and almost all of it on I-90, so not too bad of a drive. Usually a fair turn out and not much sitting around between games, nice staging area and refs. Best of all $15 is all you pay for your yearly fee to play open day (Sundays) 10:00 am to 5:00pm, paint is priced fair and they sell yearly air cards for tanks too. And there is a small gathering of MCB's I have bumped into there.
Used to play Pinnacle in the late 80's and 90's and love all their fields, Tony and Steve run a great business. Have to say I haven't played there since a spring fling game in 92'.
I met a couple of individuals out at Drop Zone over the weekend that play there often (Hand of Fate I believe) and they invited me as well. So this is the second time I've heard about "Pentagon Paintball" over the weekend and it just reinforces the desire to play there. Chances are I'll make it out there this spring/summer/fall once I get wrapped up with snowmobile season.
Started with a Splatmaster, moved onto a Nelspot 007, then came the Autocockers, then "reliability", a STERLING Pump, next was a Bob Long defiant then a PM7. As of now I have 4 Sterling Pumps, 1 Phantom for SC and 2 Spyder's one is a future Spump.

Old 01-14-2013, 07:43 AM   #15 (permalink)
The Master of Meat

One of those individuals was me. Nice to meat ya turbowagon. Thanks for following up with the message.

I have the same opinions on Drop Zone. Great place to play and great price. Turnaround could be better, but I'll reserve that judgement for a more formal day of play. Seemed like an informal session that day.

Also, coming from Pentagon, the goggle discipline seemed a little lax. Don't get me wrong, the players were participant. You were told to keep your goggles down when it was necessary. But at Pentagon it's cut and dried; you enter the field, goggles on no matter what.

I'll go back for sure, hoping to participate in some big games that Mo's talking about doing.

Oh and yeah, play at Pentagon. Good times =)
Old 01-16-2013, 03:11 PM   #16 (permalink)

Dropzone is always CRAZY slow, every field in Eastern Ohio seems to be. Its fun to play their, Moe is a good dude.. but the last field I played in the area that ran quickly was All American in PA. Everywhere else its like we play for 20 minutes and people bull**** for another 30.

Driving that far to hang out in the staging area sucks. =/
Cottontail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:50 AM   #17 (permalink)
****ing speak up Im deaf!

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cottontail View Post
Dropzone is always CRAZY slow, every field in Eastern Ohio seems to be. Its fun to play their, Moe is a good dude.. but the last field I played in the area that ran quickly was All American in PA. Everywhere else its like we play for 20 minutes and people bull**** for another 30.

Driving that far to hang out in the staging area sucks. =/
Whelp, that alone will keep me from going out there.

When I play at Pinnacle, I usually am ushering the rentals and the refs to get back out there. The worst is when they have large groups of renters there (like 70+), games take forever to get organized.

Also....turbowagonman....did we meet out at Pinnacle at one point?

Shiner 2 Ego11 For Sale, Misc Paintball Gear and Non-paintball sale

I run a Wasteland server, come play!
www.edengrounds.org
Teamspeak IP: ts.edengrounds.org
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talfuchre View Post
If you are not stalking - you are not showing love...
Feedback
Dr. VonDeafingson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:24 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. VonDeafingson View Post
Whelp, that alone will keep me from going out there.

When I play at Pinnacle, I usually am ushering the rentals and the refs to get back out there. The worst is when they have large groups of renters there (like 70+), games take forever to get organized.

Also....turbowagonman....did we meet out at Pinnacle at one point?
I'm not sure if we met. I played out there 5 times over the summer August thru October). I was the only one out there with a Sterling pump. Out of the 5 times I played out there only on 2 occasions were there pumps; one was a group of SC guy's and the other was a purple MVP. I agree with you, the larger the "rental crowd" the more time in between games

Old 01-17-2013, 01:58 PM   #19 (permalink)
Brass Mafia Wannabe

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbowagonman View Post
I'm not sure if we met. I played out there 5 times over the summer August thru October). I was the only one out there with a Sterling pump. Out of the 5 times I played out there only on 2 occasions were there pumps; one was a group of SC guy's and the other was a purple MVP. I agree with you, the larger the "rental crowd" the more time in between games
Wait were you there with your daughter (if you have one)? I remember playing with a guy with a Sterling and his daughter and it was a fun day.
Leave me some feedback if you've dealt with me:
artguy63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 02:58 PM   #20 (permalink)

Yes that was me, I was with my daughter and she either had a Bleck/Rad PM7 or a Blue Spyder, so I guess I met you too. What kind of gun were you running with? Were you with the SC guy's or with the MVP guy, or was it a different time all togther?

Last edited by turbowagonman; 01-17-2013 at 02:58 PM. Reason: correct spelling

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » MCB Reviews It