mcarterbrown.com  

MCB Reviews It MCB Reviews it! Have a review of a new gun, or old gun you just tried? New Mask or Gear? Let us know what you think.

Old 02-25-2013, 01:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
WVU paintball #19

AKA Fan
Thumbs up POWER Saber trigger for the Victory/G6R

I want to do a quick review of this trigger because it is so awesome. I also had no idea who POWER was before I bought a Bob Long gun. So hopefully some of you guys will read this and check out his stuff if you haven't heard of him.

I picked up a Victory not long ago but hated the stock trigger. I usually put a Violent Scythe trigger on any electronic marker I own, but the POWER Saber intrigued me. It turns out they were machined by Jim Eaton, the famous Ripper machinist, and designed by a former Bob Long tech named Rob.

Here is how he designed the triggers:

Quote:
Having been a player for 20+ years now I knew exactly what I was looking for in a trigger but I also knew that what I had been shooting all my career was a bit off and I always had to learn how to manage to rip fast around the limitations of triggers so my approach began with an extensive study of the human hand while at rest as the marker was in the firing position and observing where the index and middle fingers resided and I took many pictures and averaged out that position over more than 100 images and drew 2 lines on a paper and then drew archs originating from those lines and then began to draw shapes around their static positions until The SABER was roughly there. Then I moved onto designing the model I've always wanted and that is the KODACHI. Once I perfected that model I went back to the SABER to refine the design to the same level of the KODACHI.

Besides the ergonomic design of the trigger, the basic design is top of the line as well. The face of the trigger is nice and wide with rounded edges. The trigger is also hollowed out to reduce weight, he calls it the 'weight reduction channel'. The return is very crisp even without a spring/magnet. Over all, the fit-and-finish of the trigger is as good as anything I've seen in paintball.

The trigger honestly felt a little awkward at first. I was used to a trigger with a less aggressive curve. After a few days my muscle memory kicked in and I learned to love the Saber trigger really fast. The trigger just fit naturally with how my fingers interacted with it. The result is very fast and comfortable trigger pull. I now find myself shooting much faster with much less effort. It makes snap shooting and running-and-gunning a breeze.

I know this isn't the normal type of thing you see reviewed on MCB, but I know you guys appreciate quality stuff. Rob put a lot of effort into these triggers and it shows. This is by far the best aftermarket trigger I've ever purchased. So if you own a Bob Long marker, or buy one in the future, do yourself a favor and try out the Saber or Kodachi trigger from POWER.

Link to buy POWER triggers:

POWER - Performance Optimized Weapon Enhancement Homepage
minimag03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 03:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
ҿ

Nice review, sir! Any chance you could compare this to the Critical trigger?
splat15k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:28 AM   #3 (permalink)
WVU paintball #19

AKA Fan
I don't have a lot of experience with the Critical trigger on the Victory, but I can compare it to other Critical triggers I've used. The Saber is probably a little lighter. The curve in the trigger is more aggressive on the Saber. The Saber also has a raised portion in the middle of the trigger. I didn't like these aspects of the trigger when I first received the trigger, I was use to using triggers like the Critical and Violent. After I got comfortable with the trigger I don't think there is even really comparison between the Saber an the Critical trigger.
Old 02-26-2013, 03:00 PM   #4 (permalink)
ҿ

The aggressive curve of the power sabre is what deterred me from buying it when I was shopping for a G6R trigger; I opted for the critical. Now reading that you favor the power sabre despite your initial reluctance, I am intrigued!
Old 03-01-2013, 10:44 AM   #5 (permalink)
WVU paintball #19

AKA Fan
I actually originally bought the trigger for a G6R, which I sold and got the Victory. The Saber was just as good in the G6R setup. If you have the extra cash I would encourage you to try one out. Rob also has a guide on IOG about mod'ing your trigger leaf on the microswitch to create more resistance. It illuminates any need for a spring, not that one is really needed anyway. It might take ya awhile to get use to the feel but it's worth it. Worst thing that could happen is you sell the used trigger for $30 and you support a small company in the sport.
Old 03-01-2013, 12:57 PM   #6 (permalink)
ҿ

^That's true!

I know I'll end up buying one; it's just a matter of time. Resistance is futile!

Is the Power Sabre bouncy without a spring or that microswitch mod?
Old 03-01-2013, 02:11 PM   #7 (permalink)
WVU paintball #19

AKA Fan
I didn't experience any bounce without a spring and the debounce at the stock settings. I haven't gotten a chance to put more than a couple hopper through it though. The microswitch mod is just to add a little weight to the 80 gram stock switch. I tried the microswitch mod on a 7th Element OLED board that came with the Victory (I put the stock Tadao board back in gun) and it does help with make the trigger just a little crisper without a spring. I still prefer the standard microswitch with the shortest spring possible. It's probably because I've already gotten use to the trigger as it is now.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » MCB Reviews It