mcarterbrown.com  

MCB Reviews It MCB Reviews it! Have a review of a new gun, or old gun you just tried? New Mask or Gear? Let us know what you think.

Old 03-05-2013, 06:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
Paintball Ballistician :P

VIVOBAREFOOT Ra; A minimalist 'oxford-like' shoe

So, back in May of 2012, I decided to make the switch to minimalist shoes. The challenge was that I work in an environment where I need to wear dress shoes, slacks, and often a suit and/or tie, and most of my waking hours are at work. Thanks to New Balance's Minimus line, I was set for outside of work. The minimalist community has been waiting for the "Primal Professional" but, the kickstarter campaign fell short of raising the target funding and it currently appears to be in development limbo (a few prototypes have been made but, no production models yet and no updates to the website since last November).

After searching the web extensively, I found VIVOBAREFOOT and their Ra shoes. Back in September, I used my New Balance size to order a black pair (this color not presently offered) from the Vivo website. They fit me rather well and, they have even more room in the Toe Box (which allows for your toes to spread further during impact) than the Minimus. The leather is of good quality and durable. The TPU soles allow for a high degree of flex and, seem to be wearing rather well so, they should be good for at least another six months. Here's a pic of them now (keep in mind that I've only polished them once and wear them M-F):

Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
Village Idiot

Send a message via AIM to Greenmtnphantom Send a message via MSN to Greenmtnphantom

Fan of EMR
I've been wearing these since July. I love them. Very Comfortable.
Since this thread started with boobs what are we supposed to derail it with?
Stock class = 12grams and a stick feed. End discussion.
Greenmtnphantom is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » MCB Reviews It