mcarterbrown.com  

MCB Reviews It MCB Reviews it! Have a review of a new gun, or old gun you just tried? New Mask or Gear? Let us know what you think.

Old 03-05-2013, 07:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
Use to be here a lot

Valken Crusade pants

Ok lets do this.

Term of usene day
Years of experiance: 12 years
Similar products used: paper bags sewn together with masking tape

So here is the story. I found a pair of these in pink which matches all my gear so I'm like "hey I should buy these" then my brain replys "you could get another pair of outlast pants for that price" so then I decide "screw it these look cool." So I buy them. First impression upon putting them on is that they are super comfortable and remind me of my old Nexed pants which I loved. So now I can't wait to get to the field. First game(speedball) I take off for the left tape and slide in. Suddenly my brain says "man these pants are well ventilated" and I reply "I know right, these things are awesome". Unfortunately then Brain feels the need to let me in on a little secret "dude, I think the whole right leg is torn open.............also you're bleeding." So I look down and sure enough the entire leg from mid thigh down is split wide open being held at the bottom by the velcrow foot cuff(also sure enough I've scraped the skin off my lower leg due to sliding on north Texas dirt without a pant leg to cover it). I finish out the game like that. Once I get back to the staging area I summon all my skills gained from years of dealing with urban outdoorsmen and duct tape the leg back together. Two games later the left leg comes apart from the crotch to the knee. Field repair mode activated. Let me tell you, I sure was something to see all day in my sweet Valken pants, well worth the $90 price tag.

In summary: I think I'll be sticking with my 06 JT pants that I usually use and have never had any problems with, or my Smokin Outlast pants that have proven nearly as bullet proof.

I wrote this on my phone so please forgive the spelling and grammer issues.
bryceeden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:16 PM   #2 (permalink)
Hesperia,ca

I have a pair of the valken crusade tron grey never had a problem I believe I paid $60
river031403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:19 PM   #3 (permalink)
Wait, what?

AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
Sounds like you got a lemon pair. I've had Crusades in Whiteout for well over a year now and the only signs of wear they're showing is a little bit of fuzziness/wear on the threads around the thighs and knees. I expect them to last another year or so and they've been well worth the $59 I got them for when they were on sale.

Full disclosure is I'm a fatty who plays recball so my wear cycle is going to be a bit different than yours. Less consistent diving and sliding (though I have, I think maybe once even intentionally) but more kneeling on rough surfaces, snagging on branches, etc.
FS: Clean Pre98 RF Sniper ($100 Shipped)
Feedback
matteekay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:57 PM   #4 (permalink)
Hesperia,ca

I'm not hiding anything I'm on the plump side also play Rec ball also and I'm usually snaking my way up front only wear I have is where my pod pack rubs up on the belt area muffin top area Dunlop area....etc

Last edited by river031403; 03-07-2013 at 09:06 PM.
river031403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:03 PM   #5 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to martix_agent

nevermind, I use redemption pants.

I've heard the mid level valken clothing is hit or miss. I use the pink pod pack and so far I don't feel like iv'e been shorted with quality. clothing is a different thing, sometimes.

Last edited by martix_agent; 03-07-2013 at 09:07 PM.
martix_agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:33 AM   #6 (permalink)
Radical!

Wow. My only beef with the Crusade pants (from 2010-ish) were they did not breathe. AT. ALL.
nerdcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:51 AM   #7 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

Call their customer service and explain the situation.
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:34 PM   #8 (permalink)
Wait, what?

AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdcore View Post
Wow. My only beef with the Crusade pants (from 2010-ish) were they did not breathe. AT. ALL.
They must have changed the design. Mine are mesh from about the knee on downward in the back and then have stretch/breath zones that wrap around the hips. They're not the greatest pants ever or anything but man are they light/cool.
Feedback
Old 03-11-2013, 10:02 PM   #9 (permalink)
Use to be here a lot

Got given a second pair. First time out and split right down the seem. Yep, still not impressed.
bryceeden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:47 PM   #10 (permalink)
Wait, what?

AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
Sounds like I should be glad I got mine when I did! Thanks for the update.
Feedback

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » MCB Reviews It