mcarterbrown.com  

MCB Reviews It MCB Reviews it! Have a review of a new gun, or old gun you just tried? New Mask or Gear? Let us know what you think.

Old 05-20-2013, 12:34 PM   #91 (permalink)
"Fidget"

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
so I had some rather strange results. I was using the L6 bolt with a my DW freak barrel and was just barely getting 4 pods and a full rotor(standard capacity) out of a 50/45 tank at legends this weekend. Any Ideas fellas?
Shooting 275 +/-3 on the chrono and using a .689 insert on the .687+/- paint at CPX this weekend.
I never took a count with my stock bolt as it was in my parts bin at home. I just swapped the bolt out the day before legends so I never got any actual testing of my own prior to that.

MCB FEEDBACK

4G010H3R0'S WTB THREAD

Facebook Page

Last edited by 4G010H3R0; 05-20-2013 at 01:41 PM.
4G010H3R0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 02:31 PM   #92 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

The only difference between your setup and ours for the test was we were using the 14" Fibur X with a snug but not tight bore match. Other than that and atmospheric conditions or fitment of orings and amount of lube I'm not sure why there'd be such a difference.

Come to think of it, maybe it is the barrel, I did see less shots per tank when using the 12" in a scenario after the test. Maybe the increase in unported length?
FEEDBACK

Last edited by PistolRogue; 05-20-2013 at 02:37 PM.
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 04:14 PM   #93 (permalink)
Post Whore

Yeah. Weird. I get 4 pods and a full rotor on a 4k fill on a 48/45
Shooting 280 +-3-4
Old 05-25-2013, 03:32 PM   #94 (permalink)
SPPL/UWL Veteran

Hero, were you using the Marbs or the Evil?

I was shooting my Enemy with the Evil through a .673 and .676 barrel back. Was getting 4 pods and a Rotor on my stock bolt.

Lo
Lomarandil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 11:12 PM   #95 (permalink)

hmm... my preliminary testing showed a decrease in FPS switching from the stock bolt to a Techt L6 bolt (also checked the pressure differences between stock barrel and freak barrel) . i will need to repeat my testing since my reg bonnet partially unscrewed sometime during the testing.
gospeedgo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 11:42 PM   #96 (permalink)
Post Whore

I definitely had an increase with a level 6.
Old 05-26-2013, 07:31 AM   #97 (permalink)
"Fidget"

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomarandil View Post
Hero, were you using the Marbs or the Evil?

I was shooting my Enemy with the Evil through a .673 and .676 barrel back. Was getting 4 pods and a Rotor on my stock bolt.

Lo
I started with marbs as they were a bit harder and I wanted them for my DRV, but I noticed they werent breaking on target very well so I switched to evil the next day.

you were using a .673 barrel back with the evil? WTF? The evil I was shooting(and still have a a case and a half of was; a tight fit in a .680 and I mean I could barely get it through that so I went one up) Even using the .682 I was getting mild FPS swings not half as bad as the tighter bore though. Im shocked you could get it though a barrel that small and not get barrel breaks

Quote:
Originally Posted by henchman View Post
I definitely had an increase with a level 6.
Mine went up as well and I noticed a tiny bit less of "kick" in compared to my stock bolt. I guess since I have 2 enmeys I could shoot them side by side and see if maybe its just one thats giving me the issues. Cant imagine why but maybe.

MCB FEEDBACK

4G010H3R0'S WTB THREAD

Facebook Page
4G010H3R0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 10:00 PM   #98 (permalink)

Well, i ran my test again (Stock bolt vs Techt L6 bolt) since i had some variables i did not like last time (fair quality paint and reg bonnet partially unscrewed). Chrono used was Virtue Clock Field Edition with barrel resting on barrel guide. Paint used was fresh regular Evil that fit very tightly in a .685 insert (could barely blow balls out). Barrel used was Freak with brass .685 insert, 14" all american front. Lube used was Planet Eclipse grease. Reg tester gauge used was a Stauff 0-600 psi gauge.

Stock bolt running 175 psi = low 270s FPS
Techt L6 bolt running 175 psi = low 240s FPS
Techt L6 bolt with Stock bolt o-rings running 175 psi = 250-260 FPS

So the stock bolt o-rings helped improve velocity on the Techt bolt, but something else must be amiss with the bolt. I plan on contacting Techt shortly to see what they say or want to do. marker has less than two cases total thru it, around 1000 rounds with Techt L6 bolt.

Henchman and 4G010H3R0, what velocity increase did you see between the stock bolt and Techt L6?
gospeedgo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 10:32 PM   #99 (permalink)
Post Whore

Mine went up roughly 15-20 FPS
Old 06-02-2013, 12:02 AM   #100 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by gospeedgo1 View Post
Well, i ran my test again (Stock bolt vs Techt L6 bolt) since i had some variables i did not like last time (fair quality paint and reg bonnet partially unscrewed). Chrono used was Virtue Clock Field Edition with barrel resting on barrel guide. Paint used was fresh regular Evil that fit very tightly in a .685 insert (could barely blow balls out). Barrel used was Freak with brass .685 insert, 14" all american front. Lube used was Planet Eclipse grease. Reg tester gauge used was a Stauff 0-600 psi gauge.

Stock bolt running 175 psi = low 270s FPS
Techt L6 bolt running 175 psi = low 240s FPS
Techt L6 bolt with Stock bolt o-rings running 175 psi = 250-260 FPS

So the stock bolt o-rings helped improve velocity on the Techt bolt, but something else must be amiss with the bolt. I plan on contacting Techt shortly to see what they say or want to do. marker has less than two cases total thru it, around 1000 rounds with Techt L6 bolt.

Henchman and 4G010H3R0, what velocity increase did you see between the stock bolt and Techt L6?
Make sure you don't have one of the old L6's... There are some out there that weren't machined right, and the tail o-rings on the bolt will be right next to each other. The "good" bolts will have a 1/16"+ groove between the tail o-rings. That's the only thing I can think of as a possibility at this point, without the gun and bolt in hand... But on the other hand I don't think those would cause low velocity, if anything it would probably be the same velocity just less efficient since it wouldn't be closing the dump chamber properly.
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » MCB Reviews It