mcarterbrown.com  

MCB Reviews It MCB Reviews it! Have a review of a new gun, or old gun you just tried? New Mask or Gear? Let us know what you think.

Old 04-17-2013, 03:04 PM   #11 (permalink)
It's all good

CCM Fan
My goggles fog all the time, no matter what brand I wear. I sweat a lot from the head, so even the E-Flex's thermal lense fogs after a while.

However, the Sly Profit was by far the worst fogging mask I've ever had, even with Fanz installed.

So far things are great with the E-Flex and FlexR fan unit!
Old 06-21-2013, 01:56 AM   #12 (permalink)

meh...

The kit I got was not up to snuff...wasn't as good as the fanz kit. EZCreations was having problems with the supplier so it was a bit before I got mine in, and then it was like a preproduction one almost. The battery lid didn't quite close and one fan was loose, the other was super stiff as far as positioning. And to top it off the high setting only works about 1/3 of the time. I have mine mounted upside down on my mask in order to get to the controls. If I hadn't had one of their kits in the past and known that the functionality is great I would have returned this kit. I just hope that it holds up.
hambony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 09:37 AM   #13 (permalink)
Paintball Ballistician :P

I bought one but currently cannot use it because the forehead 'panel'/strip that goes across the top of my Flex 8s prevents me from accessing the switches.

I bought this because while the fanz kit works great, they don't last too long since they have a tiny pcb where the two fans split from the single wire and the solder joints between the wire and the PCB fails with flexing (just in taking it on and off my mask for cleaning (I'm the type who takes the goggle out of the frame and soaks the mask for cleaning).
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 07:41 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by uv_halo View Post
I bought one but currently cannot use it because the forehead 'panel'/strip that goes across the top of my Flex 8s prevents me from accessing the switches.

I bought this because while the fanz kit works great, they don't last too long since they have a tiny pcb where the two fans split from the single wire and the solder joints between the wire and the PCB fails with flexing (just in taking it on and off my mask for cleaning (I'm the type who takes the goggle out of the frame and soaks the mask for cleaning).
I mounted mine upside down (battery door facing down) using the J-hooks because I had the same problem with my E-flex. This should put the switches as a much better place for access.
hambony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 06:02 PM   #15 (permalink)
Phantom Lover

Looking at picking up one of these but was also concerned about price and switches.

Mounting it upside down to get access to the switch, does this have any impact of it's functionality e.g. is it loose or rocky?
Feedback
BoBo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 12:39 AM   #16 (permalink)
Ranger of the South

I was able to mount properly & don't have trouble reaching with my fat, stubby fingers on my VForce Grills.

My MCB Feedback
longhornjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 12:16 AM   #17 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Mine seem to fit well on my e-flex's, but I was wondering if anyone has tried a lithium battery in theirs yet ?
DamoNAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 10:04 AM   #18 (permalink)
Rec Poster

With a Lithium, they are going to be a little louder, as the power is greater.
I ran a demo one at ION (with the Duracell we provide) from Friday at 12pm to Sunday at 12pm, continuous. I used the same unit/battery the next weekend for a 8hr day of play.
Old 11-03-2013, 11:37 PM   #19 (permalink)

I know this is necro posting, however I recently purchased these fans and wow was I disappointed how poorly they move air in my JT's. After 5 minutes on high they couldn't clear my goggles, I was previously using them on the low setting. I tried changing the direction of the air flow as well and nada. Throw on my old trusty JT fan and problem solved almost instantly.
Washington reign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 11:27 AM   #20 (permalink)
Rec Poster

We are not some mega company. There is two of us. We both play paintball and are trying to bring a product to market that we wanted to use, as we have always had fogging issues.

We are very focused on customer support and we encourage people to contact us to resolve solutions.

If you are happy with your JT, then great! I hope you remain fog free and safe the rest of you paintball play days.

Have a great day.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » MCB Reviews It