mcarterbrown.com

MCB Reviews It MCB Reviews it! Have a review of a new gun, or old gun you just tried? New Mask or Gear? Let us know what you think.

Old 07-30-2013, 01:09 AM   #21 (permalink)
all work

It's been over a decade since I've purchased anything from Badlands. I mean I've tried but they never have the gear I want in stock at the store.

Violation of MAP is a plus in my book, that sort of price fixing was illegal int the good ole USofA until a 2007 judicial travesty. You make Badlands seem heroic.

I don't think I'll ever purchase from Badlands in the future though. Their latest douchebaggery was setting up a new store in the very same plaza as a local shop and then tagging their online sales adds with that shop's name. This kinda crap gets my hackles up.
Nightstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 07:10 PM   #22 (permalink)
MCB Member

I've dealt with all three companies at various times. Paintballgear.ca has been the most consistent in having things in stock, shipping out, etc. Badlands has never been a disappointment for the most part and they have good sales, but poor tech service and a limited selection of stuff. PBL is a weird case. They seem to have a wide selection of stuff, but I've run into completely indifferent sales staff on the phone the handful of times I've called. Otherwise, decent shipping.
kospauste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 09:10 PM   #23 (permalink)
Ridin' The ShortBus

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Palmers Fan
Another reason to not support Badlands:

If you don't read the news section:

Ripple Industries Ltd. - THE FALSE
The Southern Alberta Pump League TheSAPL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post
I'd date a girl with a cocker.
Jebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 12:10 AM   #24 (permalink)
Tinkerer

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightstar View Post
It's been over a decade since I've purchased anything from Badlands. I mean I've tried but they never have the gear I want in stock at the store.

Violation of MAP is a plus in my book, that sort of price fixing was illegal int the good ole USofA until a 2007 judicial travesty. You make Badlands seem heroic.

I don't think I'll ever purchase from Badlands in the future though. Their latest douchebaggery was setting up a new store in the very same plaza as a local shop and then tagging their online sales adds with that shop's name. This kinda crap gets my hackles up.
But a MAP is the only thing that protects consumers and producers from companies like Walmart fom completely screwing them over. If a company is willing to advertise at a lower price the playing field for that consumer is no longer balanced. I enjoy saving money, but if the mom and pop shops can't stay in business because a big chain can offer the same product at a much lower mark up the whole industry is doomed. Paintball is far too much a niche market for there to not be some form of protection for everyone involved.
Old 09-14-2013, 12:47 PM   #25 (permalink)

MR paintball does a lot for local teams, players and Reymond can fix anything and is super awesome to deal with. Best shop in Calgary and Edmonton.

Badlands Ontario should not be compared to badlands Alberta. The Alberta locations are owned by a different guy, and the Alberta locations are a joke, no tech, no sales staff that play or actually know what they are talking about. Rumor around the campfire is Badlands Calgary may soon be closing a location. So Badlands Alberta is only really hurting themselves.

As far a paintballgear.ca , great place, prices are fair and typical but they cant support bulk orders, atleast on certian items. My team is also sponsored by them and we tried to do 7 pairs of exalt pants, eight i4 lens, pods and some other misc stuff. It took pbg two months to tell us the pants were back ordered and that they did not have our requested amount in stock in another brand and that they could not place the order. So we went directly to exalt and had our pants in 36 hours from order to at our front door. We dealt with local shops to get the other needed goods. pbg is still a great place and shop to deal with online but I will always buy local before online.

Last edited by nels840; 09-14-2013 at 12:55 PM.
nels840 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 01:28 PM   #26 (permalink)
Thrillin' Heroics

I've dealt with Badlands Alberta, Badlands Ontario and their online store. All three are just...terrible. Poor selection, prices aren't anything spectacular, and their shipping is terrible. I ordered a T9 on Boxing Day a few years ago, and it took them a month-after several e-mails and phone calls asking about the status of my order (Which was charged on that day, not when the order shipped), they finally told me they'd sold out. To their credit, they did finally send me a T9...two months later, and a month after the game I'd bought it before.

Paintballgear.ca, conversely, has been fantastic. Occasionally, they're a little slow on telling you about out-of-stock items, but everything else has been fantastic. Plus, they offer wholesale prices for our outlaw field in the Yukon, and honour their free shipping up here as well-unlike Badlands, who charges out the *** to ship anywhere outside of major cities.

I will never deal with anybody else in Canada but Paintballgear.ca unless I have to. They are just fantastic.

Glory, glory, what a hell of a way to die,
With a rifle in your hands and you're falling through the sky,
Glory, glory, what a hell of a way to die,
He ain't gonna jump no more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by usagi_tetsu View Post
Nothing says "violent and insane" like sharpening a shotgun.
Marauder_Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 01:14 PM   #27 (permalink)
MCB Member

AKA Fan
Paintballgear is the only one in Canada I order from online.

Jaccen is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » MCB Reviews It