mcarterbrown.com  

MCB Reviews It MCB Reviews it! Have a review of a new gun, or old gun you just tried? New Mask or Gear? Let us know what you think.

Old 06-20-2013, 08:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
MCB Member

Paintballgear.ca vs Badlands

This is the big competitor for badlandspaintball, as both offer free shipping over $150.

My team used to be sponsored by the latter, and are now sponsored by the former. Everything in this review may sound biased, but they're all my personal experiences, and others have shared very similar if not identical ones.

Shipping speed:
Paintballgear promises that orders placed prior to noon will ship out that day.
I'm not sure if because I am paying individually for my shipping (sponsored teams pay shipping, but get awesome prices), but I paid 25 dollars for shipping that took 2 days door to door. The sponsor also threw in a gun as a prize for a tournament, without telling me. I was very impressed by that.
A tracking number was provided as well.
Order 1: The package was packed with a lot of bubble wrap around sensitive items, and air pack bags.
Order 2: Each pair of pods was wrapped in bubble wrap, and the mask fan was wrapped in bubble wrap. They clearly cared about the condition I received my goods.

Badlands ships when they ship.
I ordered a 9.1 when they first came out, and received it two weeks later.
It was packed in peanuts (I hate these personally, awful for the environment)

In my second order for paintball gear, I'd realized I'd forgotten to add an item. I added it in a separate order about an hour later, with a comment that it should be added to order 'xxxxx'. I checked the 'will pick up in store' option.
I called the customer service department the next day to explain it, and they had said that their shipping department had already caught it, and shipped it out all together, on time.

As for issues with wares, I haven't had any with items from paintballgear.ca, but they do accept returns on reasonable flaws for upto 365 days. I believe they also warranty their guns for life, provided its not due to misuse.

Badlands, however, was a nightmare.
My 9.1 had an o-ring blow on the back block, and I took it in.
I was told because their tech wasn't certified, he couldn't touch the gun.
Fair enough, I just wanted them to find me an o-ring that fit.
2 months in, after 3 phone calls hoping to hear they had ordered the single o-ring in for me, they hadn't. I called the regional manager and he had promised to follow up with me on it.
4 months later, 2 calls in to the store to check on updates, I went in, and demanded to have my gun back, as they clearly had no desire to help me out. Their excuse was 'they didn't know which part to order'. Le sigh.
I called Tiberius directly, explained it poorly, and they knew exactly what I needed. I received my part within 4 days with a few extras. Kudos to tib, btw.

As well, under sponsorship with them, they had the WORST system implemented for ordering things. We had to order through our team captain.
We would find out months later that something was out of stock, discontinued, or some other ridiculous story. This was from badlands itself, not our team captain.

Prices:
The prices for both are roughly the same, which I find incredible, because paintballgear's customer service would be worth the extra money.

Based on that alone, I would trust that their follow up on faulty products would be in kind.

Paintballgear also lets you know -how much- is in stock, vs just knowing if they have it. If they don't, they will back order it, and ship out the rest of your order if its not expected to arrive in a timely manner. They also do not charge you for the second shipment, nor do they charge you for the item until they can ship it. Impressive.
Dr. VonDeafingson
I typically carry one extra tube and give them 1 ball from it.

I'm an *** like that.

My Feedback!
vv0mp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 11:52 PM   #2 (permalink)

Pbgcanada is so much better. Word.
Old 06-21-2013, 01:31 AM   #3 (permalink)
Ridin' The ShortBus

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Palmers Fan
Good Review...Where to start on Badlands...over three months to get a Chest Rig shipped...and they shipped the wrong one, I just took it, couldn't be bothered. Can't bring a gun in to be tech'd here...very few of the Staff actually play paintball, and most don't really anything about paintball. I went in a few weeks back looking for a simple o-ring kit since it was on my way to work. The fellow GOOGLED O-ring kits and told me to order something called O-ring Monkey - he said it will fit whatever gun I need...LMAO! I shook my head and walked out remembering why I said I wouldn't spend any money there anymore.

Now, we are blessed to have Raymond at MR Paintball here in Calgary. This Man can fix anything! If he can't get a part in....he makes them lol. We highly recommend sending people to Raymond.

Paintball Gear goes over and beyond, I am extremely glad we switched sponsors. Shane and his team are incredible....I like the little extra's they throw in lol

Everything vv0mp said +1
The Southern Alberta Pump League TheSAPL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post
I'd date a girl with a cocker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slappadapink View Post
....bro, you just gave me a quarter chub.
Jebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 08:44 PM   #4 (permalink)
more gooder

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
I orderered from paintballgear a couple of times. the last time was just after sp announced they were closing the doors. i ordered the last ac freak kit available. it came in but wasnt ac threaded. it took a few days of emails but they handled it, covered the return shipping and refunding my money since they couldnt supply what i needed. nobody else could either. thumbs up
dukie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 10:26 PM   #5 (permalink)
Barned

Yeah, paintballgear has great customer service. I actually live somewhat near to them, it's still an hours drive but it's nice not to have to order online.
I see an agglet and I want to paint it black...
...or yellow, orange, green; whatever the field paint is that day.
Bloop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:24 AM   #6 (permalink)
aka FairLady

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
RTP Fan
Another strong recommendation for paintballgear.ca

Ive ordered from them a bunch of times now and its very worry free!

Even had a case where Canada Post screwed up and returned my items to them. They shipped it back at no extra expense.

If I'm buying online, I try there at all costs.
300z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 11:08 AM   #7 (permalink)
Sic Itur Ad Astra

Send a message via MSN to Falcon16 Send a message via Skype™ to Falcon16

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Personally never had an issue with Badlands. I ordered my 50/45 from them back last year before Carnage and it showed up on my door step in less than 36 hours from ordering. Ordered other stuff from them over the year and always got it shipped fast and correctly.

Feedback +34/-0
Click here to email me
My youtube channel
My downsizing/cleaning house sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post
Pump paintball is cheaper than any drug habit I've ever heard of.
Falcon16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 11:54 AM   #8 (permalink)

Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon16 View Post
Personally never had an issue with Badlands. I ordered my 50/45 from them back last year before Carnage and it showed up on my door step in less than 36 hours from ordering. Ordered other stuff from them over the year and always got it shipped fast and correctly.
+1 for this gentleman's statement. I purchased a chest rig and 3 lenses in May. Ordered on a friday afternoon, had them the next monday in Ottawa! Very friendly customer service as well from the Badlands team.
babshaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 04:18 AM   #9 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by babshaft View Post
+1 for this gentleman's statement. I purchased a chest rig and 3 lenses in May. Ordered on a friday afternoon, had them the next monday in Ottawa! Very friendly customer service as well from the Badlands team.
Lucky guy!
The store out here sold a guy an autococker apex barrel for his spyder (which he had in the store at the time).
They just hired a bunch of girls (that are NOT paintball savvy) so that desperate guys will buy stuff.
Sad.
Dr. VonDeafingson
I typically carry one extra tube and give them 1 ball from it.

I'm an *** like that.

My Feedback!
vv0mp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 09:18 AM   #10 (permalink)
Doesn't work for Avratech

Honestly, I stopped dealing with badlands probably ten years ago... Constant let down for parts, service, and pricing. PBL and Paintballgear are great.
ApoC_101 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » MCB Reviews It