mcarterbrown.com  

MCB Reviews It MCB Reviews it! Have a review of a new gun, or old gun you just tried? New Mask or Gear? Let us know what you think.

Old 07-14-2013, 07:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fluffy Bunnies for life!!

CCM Fan
EvoShield - For men and women

Okay as like most players with girlfriend or significant other who want or like to play paintball the inevitable search for a chest protector to fit a woman came up.
The User
She (the woman in question) plays and likes to play so the investment was a no brainer. Not the she is afraid of getting hurt, but as she out it,"If you ran around with your testicles on your chest you would wear a chest protector too.." Interesting analogy, but apt. SO I started searching around the internet for a solution.
The Market
Admit it paintball is a male dominated sport that is currently marketed to young males. Sad but true (maybe, maybe not) so looking for gear that is made for women is tough. There was a company that made a sports bra that had inserts that could be put in, I found their site. BK products (here) The site looked like it hadn't been updated for some time so I didn't even bother (I think it was 2007).
So I started researching products for sports that had a larger female involvement. That is when I found Evoshield, a company that specializes in protective gear for major sports.
The Product

The price is steep ($89.00), however she has played and is looking to keep playing (she is on our team). What you get is a compression racer back tee with pockets that hold the plates. Yes, plates. This is not bounce padding, these plates are actually rigid plates that form to your body when you get it. The shirt is shipped to you with the plates, the plates are in a sealed wrapper once to pierce the bag the hardening process will start. The plates are easy enough to get in the shirt and all that is required to form them is to wear the shirt with the plates in place for about 30 minutes.
Video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=[GAPLWFBx1Rc]Chest Guard - YouTube[/url]
Link, because I suck at embedding videos.
Overall
She loves it!! No more Mr.StayPuff chest protector shifting around when she plays. This product is also made for men, youths and just about everyone, they also offer custom designed shirts for if you have special needs (implants or surgical areas that need to be protected). The plates are rigid so it isn't bounce armor, however it is very comfortable and fits the wearer perfectly. So if your looking for a chest protector for yourself (men or women) that needs to be protective and doesn't need to be bouncy then this is for you.
I will post up some photos of it later, and some of her wearing it (if she will let me).

Ebay Feedback
MCB Feedback
Jkoselka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 09:52 AM   #2 (permalink)
Paintball Ballistician :P

Awesome find and review!
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Death View Post
First strike rounds punish lazy people. Don't be lazy and you won't have problems with first strikes.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 10:02 AM   #3 (permalink)
Pump Convert

Really neat idea. Love the concept of custom fitting. 89 bucks is pretty cheap for that.
SlvrDragon50 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » MCB Reviews It