mcarterbrown.com  

MCB Reviews It MCB Reviews it! Have a review of a new gun, or old gun you just tried? New Mask or Gear? Let us know what you think.

Old 08-24-2013, 08:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Long Live Paintball, Old Bridge NJ

Just a quick review of LLP on Englishtown Road in Old Bridge NJ. My kids and I are not long to the sport, having just started a few months ago. LLP was the first place we played. The owners Tom and Jim are stand up guys, always ready and willing to help with tech or advice. The refs are a mix of kids and experienced players, but they are mostly attentive and willing to listen without prejudice. The facilities are small, with a relatively tiny woodsball field, regulation sized speedball arena, and a general purpose scenario are that can be resized from 1 large to 4 small fields with each having a different barrier theme. The prices are reasonable, with 12 month memberships available which cover the entry and provide a discount on pro shop purchases. It is a field paint only establishment, as are most I've seen, with prices ranging from $60 and up at regular price, with discounts for members and on special event days. Also, during the summer they are running a Thursday special of free entry and $45 a case and Friday is 10/10/10 with $10 each for entry, 500 count bags of paint and rentals for those who need.

I have had several long conversations with Tom and Jim regarding gear etc, and they are always willing to listen and give advice based on the players skill level and playing characteristics.

On a scale of 1-10, I would give LLP an 8.5, only because of the lack of size and the lack of women friendly facilities for my girls. For the rec player I highly recommend LLP and their owners Tom and Jim.
djeclypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 05:46 PM   #2 (permalink)
Nerd

Send a message via AIM to Diomedes

Sounds about right. It's a fun place, and used to be much smaller. They did a good job of expanding within their footprint and generally not growing too fast. I'll be heading there in a few weeks.
Zombie Defense Force, Local 42 #61 "Darwin"
IT'S TIME TO TOSS THE DICE
DarwinZDF42<--YouTube channel. Reviews, helmetcam, etc. Updated more-or-less weekly. Subscribe!
Looking for a new mask? See how they compare.
"Integrity is doing what's right, even if nobody is looking." My MCB feedback
Diomedes is online now   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » MCB Reviews It