mcarterbrown.com  

MCB Reviews It MCB Reviews it! Have a review of a new gun, or old gun you just tried? New Mask or Gear? Let us know what you think.

Old 09-14-2013, 04:47 PM   #1 (permalink)

Valkan Echo paint

I want to start by saying I've been playing for the last 13 years and have played regularly(1-4) times a month year round. I have seen the rise and fall of paintball companies and have shot a huge variety of paint. Here in central/south florida paintball prices have stayed about the same but the paint has decreased greatly in size. My current local fields are FPO and stock Valkan paint. Normally I use graffiti which is the mid grade paint through a .682 barrel on my semi and .679 on my phantom. Well the other day I had friends visiting from out of town and we purchased multiple boxes of Valkans low end Rec paint Echo. The paint was so small it rolled right through .677 inserts. Not a single ball of 2000 that we shot before leaving was close to fitting . I suspect it would roll just as fast through a .675 which is the smallest insert I've ever seen. Now I have a whole unopened case of this crap and I'm thinking ill make a video and post it to YouTube to prove it as nobody at the field was willing to believe. I was the only pumper so no one else had to worry about rollouts. I just wanted to warn everyone else thinking of saving a buck. Less really is less lol!
darkspidie1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 08:27 PM   #2 (permalink)
Pump Convert

Is this the stuff in the red box?

I had a box of Valken paint that was huge as hell. Probably all swollen from the sun or something.
SlvrDragon50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 07:14 AM   #3 (permalink)

Echo comes in a tan box and says echo tactical on it
Old 09-15-2013, 12:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
Hawkeye: Finest Kind

CCM Fan
You can't control the size of paint. You can control the size of your insert. Ty Mcneer is the man you want. He sells brass inserts in any size you might need. He has a thread in the dealers section.
Marathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 12:59 PM   #5 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to martix_agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon View Post
You can't control the size of paint. You can control the size of your insert. Ty Mcneer is the man you want. He sells brass inserts in any size you might need. He has a thread in the dealers section.
What's the advantage of brass over stainless steel freak inserts?
Old 09-15-2013, 02:07 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon View Post
This is my point they make paint so small no one makes inserts small enough. Id wager The only company with inserts small enough would be the .667 and .670 insert in the Techt ifit kit but I don't have te money right now to buy a $140 kit
Old 09-15-2013, 02:19 PM   #7 (permalink)
Big guy in a wig

Quote:
Originally Posted by martix_agent View Post
What's the advantage of brass over stainless steel freak inserts?
It is brass.

Material is not going to make that much of a difference but if you buy a .665 insert from Ty it will be .665. Freak inserts tend to vary a bit from what I have seen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbinger[TG] View Post
I must have missed that memo

Feedback
The Flounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 10:06 PM   #8 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Any other issues with it besides its size?

Last time I bought low end valken it was the most bouncy paint I have ever seen.
No Have MSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 10:35 PM   #9 (permalink)
MCB Member

Not really the place but I can vouch for tymcneer. He can make a small insert for 35$.

As for brass vs stainless steel. I swear brass makes me shoot like magic. All anecdotical, no scientific proof but that is my personal experience. Hope that helps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunha View Post
Just fyi everyone the answer is stock class for all questions related to paintball and to solve all paintball related problems except carbon emissions because we gotta use those 12 grams.

Double FYI for paintball rules there should be no "offer" of surrender, its either mandatory surrender at X distance when guy is behind you or no surrender and you get shot in the booty. "offer" of surrender makes for some ridiculous and dangerous john woo tactics.
Feedback
Slappadapink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 09:37 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Have MSG View Post
Any other issues with it besides its size?

Last time I bought low end valken it was the most bouncy paint I have ever seen.
It hot fine otherwise. It broke readily on people face so no bounces that I experienced not did anyone else speak of any. I guess ill have to do the elec tape detent to prevent rollout

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » MCB Reviews It