mcarterbrown.com  

MCB Reviews It MCB Reviews it! Have a review of a new gun, or old gun you just tried? New Mask or Gear? Let us know what you think.

Old 09-22-2013, 12:25 PM   #1 (permalink)

HK army ball breaker

What the ball breaker is is supposedly an indestructible barrel sock. When I saw the adds I was kind of skeptical because surely nothing can stop that many shots after watching some videos on it I was kind of interested. Yesterday I had the opportunity to examine one in person at my local shop. My initial impressions is that it is a soft rubber kind of material such as a smart phone or ipod case. Second I did notice the actual opening for the barrel was a little small. Last I noticed that it does'nt have the little squeeze adjuster like on regular barrel socks.This was an easy mod, I just took one off of an old barrel sock I had.

Today I went out and did a little testing for myself. I just put it on like regular shot 6-8 shots in it and all broke except for one, which was one of the last shots. The reason it did'nt break is because the sock was so full of paint and shell it actually slowed it down instead of popping. The clean up was a breeze too, just run it under water until all the junk comes out and let it dry. Needless to say I will be phasing out all my other barrel socks for these.

Pros: easy cleanup, what I consider to be a safer option as there is no cloth to wear out and get shredded.

Cons: Price. at $14.95 a piece they are a little pricey, but I don't mind paying it. Another con, well it is hk.

As whole I was quite impressed I will definitely be buying more as I feel they are the best and safest on the market.

The world is like an ice cream sunday.
bassfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 01:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to martix_agent

the problem with the price is that eventually you'r gong to loose it. It's pretty much inevitable when it comes to barrel covers.

I can rinse my cloth covers in the sink and let them dry also!
Old 09-22-2013, 01:58 PM   #3 (permalink)
Pop-Up Ninja

At that price, hell, you'd be way better off with the rubber ones that Titus sells for $4. I've used one for years and it's got no sign of even starting to wear out. I don't use anything else anymore.

Go ye therefore to all the nations, baptizing them in copious amounts of paint.

Proud member of Team On Target.
www.teamontargetpb.com
Murf425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 02:23 PM   #4 (permalink)
Post Whore

I have one of the HK ones and the nice thing is that since it's semi flat, it fits in my pocket easily.
Gunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 08:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunz View Post
I have one of the HK ones and the nice thing is that since it's semi flat, it fits in my pocket easily.
This.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOldSkool View Post
I've played pump against the worst of the paintball scum bags, do I hang it up? Nah.... I play angrier.
B_i_s_c_u_i_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 11:17 AM   #6 (permalink)

I like it as well, but field cleanup is rather difficult. If you accidentally pop one whole the cover is on its a pita!
Kroniccocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 11:45 AM   #7 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroniccocker View Post
I like it as well, but field cleanup is rather difficult. If you accidentally pop one whole the cover is on its a pita!
Turn it upside down, shake it out. Maybe wipe with a microfiber. Worst case, use a spare condom, flip it upside down on a table for a match or two. It will all slide out. Much less of a pita than a standard cloth one.
Old 09-24-2013, 01:17 PM   #8 (permalink)
MCB Member

AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf425 View Post
At that price, hell, you'd be way better off with the rubber ones that Titus sells for $4. I've used one for years and it's got no sign of even starting to wear out. I don't use anything else anymore.
Same. I'm always losing things so the slight discomfort I get when sliding is more than offset by the cost difference.

Jaccen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 08:50 PM   #9 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Figured I would chime in since I just picked one up. The first thing I noticed about it other than the lack of a cord lock was how the sock reacted to tension when on the barrel. It does not snap back like a cordura sock would, this one just gradually eased back. Kind of makes me worried what would if an accidental string was let loose? Yes, my sock was attached tightly to my marker I think the silicone is to blame, not positive. Overall impressed by the build quality but for the $12 bucks I spent (ANS Gear) I would expect a cord lock and better retention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmartin View Post
i think you will be fine. Fed Ex was always good to me until my wifes dog bit the driver. they usually don't avoid you unless they have a reason.
p8ntninja is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » MCB Reviews It