|MCB Reviews It MCB Reviews it! Have a review of a new gun, or old gun you just tried? New Mask or Gear? Let us know what you think.|
| ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|02-07-2014, 11:31 PM||#1 (permalink)|
Join Date: Nov 2009
5.11 Taclite Pro pants
Decided to stray from paintball-specific pants. I've gotten too fat for my older pants, and i can't find new ones that fit my lumpy shape & my tiny tim budget.
After brief research, i opted for tactical pants. And of these, i settled on two: Blackhawk Lightweight pants (in od green) and 5.11 Taclite Pro pants in coyote brown). Reviewing the 5.11 pants for now.
- $46 shipped for pants, new thru Amazon.
- $10 shipped for optional knee pad inserts, new thru Bare Bones Workwear.
- Pants size 40x32. My size, 215 lbs.
- Worn them twice so far, in sunny mid-50s Mid TN weather, woodsball/recball.
- Haven't played too rough, some baseball slides & knee slides in soft dirt/mud & grass.
--- Now the actual review. ---
- lightweight, as their name implies. Lighter than my Exalt Throwbacks.
- comfortable , i could wear these off the field for sure.
- elastic band lets my girth breathe when i crouch, bend over, etc.
- Stitching & material is holding strong for now.
- belt loops, cuz i tend to wear a belt so no one sees my hairy crack.
- coyote brown must hide stains well, or the material is truly resistant.
- optional knee pad pockets, leading to...
- 5.11 knee pads do pretty well for their thinness. Didn't wear my usual volleyball knee pads and my wrecked knees weren't hurting. Impressive. They also position appropriately when crawling/kneeling for me, which is my beef with some paintball pants knee padding.
- so many pockets, but they're all next to useless for paintball. I wanted to keep 10rd tubes & 12g's in the various cargo & mag pockets, but they're too shallow for 10rds, and too deep for 12g's. Large butt pockets hold battle squeegees well but the velcro prevents super quick access (until i wear the velcro out).
- i wanted a darker color but they would've cost more (regular price? pssshhh).
- i have no other complaints at this time.
--- Time for pictures, i suppose. ---
These were taken after the second day of use. Much after. They sat wadded up in a plastic bag for a week before i decided to wash 'em.
Where my batch goes (for the ladies... who want me to put it away)
Last edited by nerdcore; 02-08-2014 at 10:06 PM. Reason: added knee details
|02-08-2014, 01:56 AM||#2 (permalink)|
511 tactical is huge here it's the hometown.Localy they have close outs and I bought a 2 pairs odd size and ripped one out forst day playing PB in them .I run knee pads underneath my pants(inside)511 makes great stuff newer stuff is pricey through!!
"We cherish, too, the poppy red That grows on fields where valor led; It seems to signal to the skies That blood of heroes never dies."
My feedback http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|