mcarterbrown.com  

MCB Reviews It MCB Reviews it! Have a review of a new gun, or old gun you just tried? New Mask or Gear? Let us know what you think.

Old 08-13-2006, 06:50 PM   #1 (permalink)

Vents Avatar

So i ordered a set of those new Vents cyclus because actionvillage.com had a picture of the smoke avatars for the grey cyclus. When i got the cyclus i realized something was wrong, so i sent it back and they sent me the Avatarts. Very nice goggles. The smoke lens isnt too dark, but i dont like them clear either. Comfy and it didnt fog a bit the whole day i played with them. Also came package neatly and with an extra single clear lense. The chin of the mask is soft, but not too soft so if you get shot there, it smacks your mouth. It also breathed well and has good facila coverage. Best mask ive ever used, might be the best out there. Im gonna give it a 9.5/10.
Old 08-26-2006, 11:59 PM   #2 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to Cunha Send a message via MSN to Cunha Send a message via Yahoo to Cunha

Definately good masks. I have a cylus which is basically the same thing, they dont breathe quite as well as my flex but they are top notch.
Cunha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 10:14 AM   #3 (permalink)

I didnt like the cyclus as much, just tried it on and it was similar, but the avatar are definitly better.
Old 08-29-2006, 12:56 AM   #4 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to Cunha Send a message via MSN to Cunha Send a message via Yahoo to Cunha

What differences did you notice? Good to know. I still seem to notice a strange optical distortion in the lenses..do you know what Im talking about? Something just isnt quite right.
Old 08-29-2006, 04:44 PM   #5 (permalink)

Foam seemed a little stiffer. Maybe a the avatar was softer and was thinner, but it still breathed well. It also looks much better to me. When i breathed throuh the cyclus I could feel my breath bouncing back, but when I breath through the avatar, it goes through. Also the avatar are a little softer, so you might get a lucky bounce in here and there(just got one 2 weeks ago). The smoke lense dosnt hurt either.
Old 08-29-2006, 07:52 PM   #6 (permalink)
Post Whore

If they really do breathe better than that wins it for me. I REALLY want to see one now because that is the most important factor for me and its one of the only reasons I use a proflex.
Old 09-23-2006, 12:33 AM   #7 (permalink)

The Proflex breathes better than the Avatars. I went from a Flex7 to a smoke Avatar. The limited grille not only reduces ventilation but you also get a little more of your voice reflected back. There are little foam baffles to reduce this, but it still happens.

I can only recommend two masks anymore, and those are the Vents/EVent and the Profilers. The reason is that the lenses are easily removable. It makes proper cleaning and replacement that much easier. Unfortunately, the profilers give better ventilation. Although, ventilation was important to me, but not as much as a more form fitting mask. Also, it looks that much cooler, and it has the old skool Vents name.

I collect autocockers
CSL Ego
pics of my markers --- feedback
Contact me if you are selling a Westwood
Spazdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 12:06 PM   #8 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to howling phantom

Are you sure that the Avater had enought surface area?

It seemed like when you put it on, they dont cover enought skin.
howling phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 06:53 PM   #9 (permalink)
Post Whore

I cant stand the way my profilers breathed. My breath sat right in front of my face and by my nose and made me super uncomfortable especially when i was breathing hard. The vents wasnt quite as bad..and the proflex was miles better as far as breathing goes. I really had to slow down so i didnt feel gross using my profiler. After I played with it and i took it off and held it by the strap the moisture condensation from my breath ran down the lense. gross.

The Vents dont cover your face tooo much, but they offer about equal actual protection was flex 7. Profilers have more protection, since they are essentially a hard mask <why dont they make a superlightweight all plastic profiler?..with breathing>

I find the clarity of the V force lenses to be better than the Vents. Vents guys say that the level of optical correctness is the same and better in some areas as the Profiler but I found there to be some little flicker or weirdness somewhere on the vents, just something not quite right.
Old 09-23-2006, 08:36 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunha View Post
I find the clarity of the V force lenses to be better than the Vents. Vents guys say that the level of optical correctness is the same and better in some areas as the Profiler but I found there to be some little flicker or weirdness somewhere on the vents, just something not quite right.
There is a step-off at the edges of the lense, where the optical correctness is traded for thicker lense (for extra safety, I assume). It should not be visible unless you look to the sides right at the step off.

I collect autocockers
CSL Ego
pics of my markers --- feedback
Contact me if you are selling a Westwood
Spazdoc is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » MCB Reviews It