mcarterbrown.com  

MCB Reviews It MCB Reviews it! Have a review of a new gun, or old gun you just tried? New Mask or Gear? Let us know what you think.

Old 07-09-2014, 05:50 PM   #11 (permalink)
Paintball addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaD View Post
when you're out on the field and can't see crap because of all the condensation you'll look back and think how little that $30 really was.

But yeah that turns it from a $40 mask to a $70 one and not such a good deal anymore.
Very true. I have a save phace mask right now. It's nice, just want something a little different.
Still better than someone buying a profiler new for 80. Then spending 30 on a thermal lense which makes it a $110 mask
Baby Jesus Swag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 06:05 PM   #12 (permalink)
MaD
MCB Member

Yeap. You can get the dual pane clear or yellow lenses on ebay for 24.95. I have a mirror one as well (might be blue mirror?). Word of caution on that one.... It looks nice but it's *really* dark. Not so good for woods games especially on a cloudy day.
DIY Paintball Stuff!

Note: While I would love to take credit for his work, I am not associated with Mad Customs!
You can contact BigMatt-MadCustoms in his MCB forum
MaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 06:49 PM   #13 (permalink)
Paintball addict

Quote:
Yeap. You can get the dual pane clear or yellow lenses on ebay for 24.95. I have a mirror one as well (might be blue mirror?). Word of caution on that one.... It looks nice but it's *really* dark. Not so good for woods games especially on a cloudy day.
Ahh. Yeah. As cool as the other ones look. I don like seeing in different colors. Lol. I will stick with a clear lense if I do decide I don't like the single. My masks don't usually get too foggy. But I swear so bad when it's hot outside. I'm also investing in a head band. Last time I wet sweat drops were dripping down my lense. Haha
Old 07-09-2014, 09:21 PM   #14 (permalink)
Dr. says it will clear up

CCM Fan
The single pane only fogged on me in winter. The coating was pretty good imho.
Old 07-09-2014, 11:16 PM   #15 (permalink)
Paintball addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by leathalh View Post
The single pane only fogged on me in winter. The coating was pretty good imho.
Ah. Alright. I may just deal with it as long as I can. Because I seem to have such bad luck with lenses. I try so hard to make sure nothin happens to them. What do ya know. I go take a look at my save face that has a dual pane. And there's a nice big 2 inch gouge out of it. It's far off to one side. And can't be seen hardly at all while using it. But regaurdless. Still makes me mad
Old 07-10-2014, 02:15 AM   #16 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to Cunha Send a message via MSN to Cunha Send a message via Yahoo to Cunha

I think the profiler has the best lens currently in paintball. I love to look through it.

The whole thing weighs down on my cheeks a little much, and it makes my face really hot and is pretty stiffling like most modern masks.

Personally I pick a spectra / flex.

The profiler single pane lens is great, for a long time V force didn't even offer a dual pane lens.

Just remember basically never to touch the inside with anything at all. Basically, take it off the mask, rinse it off with mild temperature water (or just cold water) and then shake the water off to dry it. Maybe dab it lightly with a really soft worn out cotton T shirt. Don't use microfiber or paper towels. There isn't a material on the planet you can use to actually "wipe' the inside of the v force single pane lens that won't damage that coating over time.

Mine never fogged on me despite condensation actually dripping out the bottom of the mask from all the moisture captured from my exhalation.
Old 07-14-2014, 05:26 PM   #17 (permalink)
aka Maggy Moo

I've wiped the inside of mine and haven't had issues.

WTT 16" Stiffi Switch Tip for a 12" or 14" Tip
magmoormaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 12:35 AM   #18 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to Cunha Send a message via MSN to Cunha Send a message via Yahoo to Cunha

I wasn't trying to say they are bad. Some people have problems with the thermo-cured coating on their profiler single pane lenses. For me they always rocked and held up at least as well as an easily damaged dual pane lens. Some people seem to damage that coating so...trying to help prevent that.
Old 07-18-2014, 03:14 AM   #19 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
when you're out on the field and can't see crap because of all the condensation you'll look back and think how little that $30 really was.

But yeah that turns it from a $40 mask to a $70 one and not such a good deal anymore.
when I played a lot 1-3 times a week, I replaced the lenses about every 2 months. I had stacks of old ones, 70...not so bad when I figure I'm still going to be replacing them.

The only thing I didn't like about the profilers was that there is no rim around the lense like a jt or scott or many others. If you drop the mask lense down, the lense is what will hit the ground, drop a jt and the goggle frames hit the ground and the lense is fine.

If loud pipes save lives imagine what bright pink helmets could do.

my feedback http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
K_Obeastly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 11:02 AM   #20 (permalink)
Sic Itur Ad Astra

Send a message via MSN to Falcon16 Send a message via Skype™ to Falcon16

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBW3p6kJBhA

There's my review I did of them. Hope it's helpful

Feedback +34/-0
Click here to email me
My youtube channel
My downsizing/cleaning house sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post
Pump paintball is cheaper than any drug habit I've ever heard of.
Falcon16 is online now   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » MCB Reviews It