mcarterbrown.com  

MCB Reviews It MCB Reviews it! Have a review of a new gun, or old gun you just tried? New Mask or Gear? Let us know what you think.

Old 06-12-2017, 07:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
UnSon of WALZ

Another Maxtact 9ci tank review

JonM has a very awesome and detailed review of these tanks that made me confident in my purchase, definitely go check it out. Mine will not be as detailed as his, just my experience is using it on the field on a couple different guns.

Minimum order from Maxtact is 3 tanks, and at 45 a piece including shipping you might as well get 3 because we all know how many guns you're hoarding. They are visually apprealing, seem well made with a nice regulator, are exactly as big as you would hope them to be, and were packaged well with plastic thread protectors and rubber nipple covers. I used them at a woods ball field in the Pacific Northwest (met Bobo from the forum here and had good beer and conversation afterward) on an eNMEy and the WALZ KP-Swiss.

eNMEy: 100 shots or less with a 14" .689 CP barrel, super awesomely light and fun if you can have the willpower to not keep shooting.

KP-Swiss: ??? No clue on shot count, put an entire case of paint through it and still is above 2000 psi (thanks yellow macrollamaline). Perfect length for the stock, and more than enough capacity for a few games with a stock class feed and WALZ sack.

This is quite literally the best tank of its kind and also the only one of its kind. Would be hard to make something better or cheaper. Perfect if you run vertical air, carry very limited paint, and/or need a lightweight and compact tank. Great value for 45 dollars.Thanks for reading!

Last edited by Bigtuana; 06-12-2017 at 07:50 PM.
Bigtuana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 08:12 PM   #2 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
Thanks for the update. I'm glad you like yours too. I've found that this tank is nearly perfect in form and function for my needs. It really fills a niche which has largely gone ignored by most manufacturers of HPA tanks.
My Feedback Thread
JonM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 04:59 AM   #3 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Cool review wish I could order just one
paintball_fiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 05:16 AM   #4 (permalink)
Negative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtuana View Post
KP-Swiss: ??? No clue on shot count, put an entire case of paint through it and still is above 2000 psi (thanks yellow macrollamaline). Perfect length for the stock, and more than enough capacity for a few games with a stock class feed and WALZ sack.
A whole case from a 9 CI tank??
Old 10-31-2017, 10:12 AM   #5 (permalink)
Chuck E Ducky

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
I have noticed the paint on the 9ci tank dose not hold up well. Mine started flaking off a bit around the bottle threads.

It's painted not powder coated.

I figure if it gets to bad I will sandblast it and repaint mine with a better quality paint or Cerokote it.
Old 11-12-2017, 01:26 AM   #6 (permalink)
UnSon of WALZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain View Post
A whole case from a 9 CI tank??
Oh yeah, but you have to have the divine WALZ yellow macroline in addition to his brass and wood rock get the desired effect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Idiot Box View Post
I have noticed the paint on the 9ci tank dose not hold up well. Mine started flaking off a bit around the bottle threads.

It's painted not powder coated.

I figure if it gets to bad I will sandblast it and repaint mine with a better quality paint or Cerokote it.
Same boat here. Anodizing wouldn’t jeopardize the certification would it?
Bigtuana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 10:55 AM   #7 (permalink)
Privateer, not Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtuana View Post
Same boat here. Anodizing wouldn’t jeopardize the certification would it?
Both of mine have started to flake as well after about 8 outings. I was thinking about getting mine ceracoated, as I have heard of others doing that to tanks with success.
plunderin is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » MCB Reviews It