mcarterbrown.com  

MCB Reviews It MCB Reviews it! Have a review of a new gun, or old gun you just tried? New Mask or Gear? Let us know what you think.

Old 04-06-2008, 01:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
.67cal Buwwets!

CCM Fan
Rainman Phantom Undercocking Kit!

I got the chance to use the Rainman229 Phantom Undercocking kit yesterday at a nearby indoor air bunker field. The paint i was using was less than great paint, but it was at least not very mis shapen as i had it leftover from the last time i had played there so i had been turning and rolling it regularly. I had purchased A red/clack acidwash VSC Phantom as my first pump gun a few years back and really loved the gun, just not the pump handle on the barrel. It really threw my sigiting in off for some reason, the gun was accurate as Phantoms always are but i just couldnt get used to the handlt rite on the barrel. That Phantom had an 11 inch barrel, which w/ the handle on it also made it akward for me. I later sold that gun to pick up a Sniper, and then traded that sniper for my current VSC Phantom. That Sniper i had was my first sniper, it had a CCM deluxe pump kit on it and i lived it. I had an interest in CCM stuff when i started to research and shop for pump stuff, but after that first Sniper w/ it i was hooked. I know have several Snipers either with a CCM kit, or waiting for me to buy them one.

I had really gotten used to having that CCM pump hanging below my barrel, and it was easy for me to sight in. The Rainman229 Undercocking Kit really feels natural to me, and its a blast to shoot. I know this was his first run of these, and they will get nothing but better from here. I honestly have no complaints with this kit. Sitting under a 14" barrel made the Phantom sight in great for me, and my game is a little rusty from being lazy all winter, but i held my own shooting against electro's. There wasnt anyone i didnt shoot out and eventualy they just laned the crap out of me off the break, usualy ending in my elimination but allowed my teammate to get a great position.

If i had another Phantom or get another one this will be the pump kit i will put on it. The look and feel of and quality of this kit really are great, if you didnt know it wasnt made by CCM you would swear it was. This is my 3rd gun Acessorized by Rainman229 items, and i am still a big fan. I have a feeling many of my other guns are gonna be getting disty up on the wall. If you are a Sniper guy that doesnt like Phantoms much and are set in your ways, dont try one of these or you will mosy likely change your ways a bit.

The weight and ballance of the gun are very well centered. The kit doesnt add much weight at all really, its far from being heavy. he balance point is just behind the trigger w/ an L-Stock on it, and the gun just feels great to hold and shoot, i couldnt be happier with this kit. I know Rainman229 is already working on ways to make these better, so keep your walets open and your allen wrenches ready.

Here are some pics:

crazyorigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 02:38 PM   #2 (permalink)
Blah

Interesting. I was going to wait for the second run when you could swap pump handles without modification, cheaper, includes a matching cocking rod, etc.. But this isn't selling as fast as I thought it would. So I just buckled down and decided to buy one. Hopefully I can get it before sat, but I doubt it (my fault not rainman's). I'll post my review when I get it.
xkpxfatassxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 04:09 PM   #3 (permalink)
.67cal Buwwets!

CCM Fan
i didnt have to modify my pump handle at all, i just didnt tighten down the bolt on the left side of the mounting plate, and it fits fine.
crazyorigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 04:21 PM   #4 (permalink)
Blah

Woah, that's great news. rainman said you should enlarge the hole in which the main guide rod goes in.
Old 04-06-2008, 10:29 PM   #5 (permalink)
done

Send a message via AIM to Rainman229

Quote:
Originally Posted by xkpxfatassxx View Post
Woah, that's great news. rainman said you should enlarge the hole in which the main guide rod goes in.

Thats if you tighten all 3 screws. The 2 top holes are actually .020 off. on the high side. The coding was right. The machine was way off. If one screw is left loose it will not effect it and would solve the problem of drilling. But being this is a product I'm putting my name on. I didn't find it right to do that. So i drilled the handle and tightened all the screws.

Rainman

Making paintball fun again

feedback http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/s...ght=rainman229
Rainman229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 10:42 PM   #6 (permalink)
Blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainman229 View Post
But being this is a product I'm putting my name on. I didn't find it right to do that.

Bravo sir.
Old 01-22-2011, 10:59 AM   #7 (permalink)
Straight 6 DID Bust!

Kind of a necropost, how much do these kits run?
Kermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 12:54 PM   #8 (permalink)
Team Long Stroke

Fan of EMR
$65 for Gloss black, $60 for matte black or silver, $50 for raw, according to his website.
Kinda scary how someone in a bright red hawaiian shirt can sneak up behind you like that, huh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCB CHAT
[20:54:32] <Walking_Target> Kinda awesome, you walk in and there's the giant black dildo right in front of the register
[20:54:33] <thisissparta> it's AWESOME.
My Budding Feedback
MCB
LilShank is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » MCB Reviews It