mcarterbrown.com  

MCB Reviews It MCB Reviews it! Have a review of a new gun, or old gun you just tried? New Mask or Gear? Let us know what you think.

Old 11-04-2006, 04:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
Paintball Player

Vendetta Pump Kit

-I picked up a 'normal pre-2k' Vendetta pump kit from Precutsoftears on P.B. Nation.
(see This Thread for current information )

Anyway, I paid $38 shipped for a pre-2k pump kit. Not bad when I recall that I paid $30+ shipping for one three years ago when the WGP kits were still available new.

So here's what I got for my money:

The pump handle looks like older-school sniper pump handles.

The guide rod is superior to the old simple bolt one would get. Its also made from what appear to be stainless steel (as is the pump arm)

As illustrated above, the end is flat for a wrench allowing easy installation and removal.

Even better, the threaded end has a gasket to seal the rod to the body. No thread sealant is required.

And here's what it looks like installed.

The pump stroke is very much like any old WGP pump kit. Not quite as smooth as a CCM but still plenty good. Quality on the parts is all at least as good as the original WGP parts (with better aspects noted)

-rat
Old 11-04-2006, 04:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Send a message via AIM to respiegel Send a message via Yahoo to respiegel

Thanks for the post, i've been thinking about getting one of these...
respiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 08:02 PM   #3 (permalink)
B
Retro grouch

Makes me want one for my basket case Shocktech I just got.

I think we are being hit by a tsunami of stupidity.
Paintball is a game of honor, play it that way!

Nelson Owners Group

RIP Grifyn
B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 09:08 PM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to precutsoftears Send a message via MSN to precutsoftears

Glad you like my product. Unfortunately my PBN name will be banned(for spam) till wednesday. who exactly are you(PBN name?). If anyone else is intersted shoot me a pm and I will be glad to give you information on it. unfortunately due to higher prices i have to raise the prices to 40 dollars (shipped with all fees included)for the normal kit like the fellow above pictured. and the deluxe kit which no one has reviewed yet will be 80(shipped with all fees included). If anyone has any questions feel free to ask away.

Last edited by precutsoftears; 11-04-2006 at 09:12 PM. Reason: forgot to subscribe to thread
precutsoftears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 10:07 PM   #5 (permalink)
Paintball Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by precutsoftears View Post
unfortunately due to higher prices i have to raise the prices to 40 dollars (shipped with all fees included)for the normal kit like the fellow above pictured. and the deluxe kit which no one has reviewed yet will be 80(shipped with all fees included).
Still a bargain compared to the cost of other pump kits.

A reasonably priced pump kit for people thinking about trying pump play is something the pump community has been waiting for.

Quote:
precutsoftears said
who exactly are you(PBN name?)
Online I'm Rathbaster everywhere I go.

My scenario team has a more 'colorful' version of the name which starts with 'Rat'

-rat

Last edited by rathbaster; 11-04-2006 at 10:11 PM.
rathbaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 02:50 PM   #6 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to Walrus

I will also chime in to say these are great kits. I juts bought a couple from Precutsoftears over on PBN and he was a great guy to deal with. I was lucky enough to get my order in early and was able to get mine shipped out same day. I would have to make one correction to Rath's post. The guide rod seems to be aluminum, not stainless steel. The pump rod does seems to be stainless though.

For Rath and you other guys out there that get one, a quick trip to the buffing wheel for the guide rod will put a mirror finish on it I had to polish my bolt and hammer in my new Sniper project yesterday and thought I would give it a quick polish too. It turned out awesome! Be on the lookout for pics of my upcoming project

My Gallery

History: Line SI Bushmaster; PMI-3; VMX; '97 Autococker; KP-3; Enforcer 2(possible SWARM); Spyder Sonix; Monteneel Z-1; PGP 2K; BBT Typhoon; 2k1 SP Impulse; SP MiniMag; another PMI-3; VM-Magnum; Blazer #153; Pump MiniMag; Thrasher ULE Emag; Cool Camo Micromag; '94-'95(?) Evolution Minicocker; '95 Evolution Autococker; Blazer #710; CNC X-Mag; Gold Rush Micromag; Jungle Sunset Micromag; Wild Tiger Micromag
Walrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 02:53 PM   #7 (permalink)
Devious Penguin Mod

Send a message via AIM to Surge-NS

CCM Fan
If you like you can post an advertisement for your products in the dealer's forum, you will likely find a good amount of business here for your pump kits.

Aggressive! Kill!

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=50&dateline=121202619  6
Surge-NS is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » MCB Reviews It