mcarterbrown.com

MCB Reviews It MCB Reviews it! Have a review of a new gun, or old gun you just tried? New Mask or Gear? Let us know what you think.

Old 04-16-2009, 04:59 AM   #21 (permalink)
Internet Superstar

Sent a pm to Mongo about the extended barrel and BBA. I have a set of Phantom internals sitting here (its weird because I haven't had a Phantom in months) I took some pics and am uploading them now.

Edit: PIctures are not turning out well. I'll have to wait for some sunlight later. There is not much difference between the two. The Phantom TPC is slightly shorter and the hammer seems to be bigger. Could be my imagination with the hammer though. I don't have any Phantom powertubes sitting around though.

Last edited by spud01; 04-16-2009 at 05:08 AM.
spud01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 05:07 AM   #22 (permalink)

RTP Fan
I sent mOngo like 5 PMs in the last 2 weeks about some parts I ordered from him, but have not heard back from him, I ordered a matching pump handle that he has in stock, and the new cup seal...I do want to get an extended barrel as well. I know that he is probably busy getting ready for SPE 09, in addition to his normal day job.
ironchef97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 09:43 AM   #23 (permalink)
Traded guns for cameras

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
I would suggest emailing Mongo instead (get the link from the dd68.com website). Better chance of a response I've found, and probably easier for him to keep track of.

Edit: And he is busy getting ready for SPE, I got a email response from him last week and he mentioned he'd be getting things sorted out afterwards.

Last edited by Frink; 04-16-2009 at 09:50 AM.
Frink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 01:01 PM   #24 (permalink)
DSA
One in the Pipe!

Send a message via Skype™ to DSA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frink View Post
I would suggest emailing Mongo instead (get the link from the dd68.com website). Better chance of a response I've found, and probably easier for him to keep track of.

Edit: And he is busy getting ready for SPE, I got a email response from him last week and he mentioned he'd be getting things sorted out afterwards.
Affirmed, due to the work at the shop you may or may not see some of Steves current and new goodies at SPE.

My Feedback Redux Knowledge Base My Email Line SI Knowledge Base
Quote:
Originally Posted by russc View Post

All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to shoot nothing.
DSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 02:33 PM   #25 (permalink)
Post Whore

this is a thorough review. good job!

you commented on the Redux's heavy trigger pull and i'll have to agree. i put my digital trigger pull scale on my 'Dux and the trigger pull was over 10 lbs.!!! that is heavy! i ground down the tip of the hammer sear where it catches on the bolt and that improved it a lot. i don't remember what it brought the pull weight to but it helped it tremendously.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSA View Post
Ok choochie, the duck is not troubled, it's dated. The technology is old, it's like 8mm stop motion film reels, nothing will ever replace them, they are nostalgic one of a kind but for today's youth the expectations are CGI.
my feedback
c6quad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 02:43 PM   #26 (permalink)

RTP Fan
Thanks, I will post pics of my ghetto macroline trigger mod later! It lightens mine considerably, what does your trigger sear tripper look like c6quad? Also, is yours using phantom internals?
Old 04-16-2009, 02:49 PM   #27 (permalink)
Post Whore

it looks just like yours and has a steel pin that hits the sear. phantom internals.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSA View Post
Ok choochie, the duck is not troubled, it's dated. The technology is old, it's like 8mm stop motion film reels, nothing will ever replace them, they are nostalgic one of a kind but for today's youth the expectations are CGI.
my feedback
c6quad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 06:39 PM   #28 (permalink)
Internet Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironchef97 View Post
I sent mOngo like 5 PMs in the last 2 weeks about some parts I ordered from him, but have not heard back from him, I ordered a matching pump handle that he has in stock, and the new cup seal...I do want to get an extended barrel as well. I know that he is probably busy getting ready for SPE 09, in addition to his normal day job.
Sent him one last night and he called me about 15 minutes ago. And like others stated he responds to emails faster. Mongo has been getting ready for SPE(makes me wish I could get out there even more) and won't be able to get back in the shop till next Wednesday. He is working on barrels right now, but he is making them by hand and can finish 6 in about 8 hours, they will be around $100 each. He's working on having someone CNC mill them for him, cutting down the time and price. The cup seals are still in the works, try getting a grey ghost one if possible. That's what his will be modeled after. And like you said he still has his day job so it will take some time for him to get everything finished. He is also trying to make more Duckslide kits and Redux's so he has a lot of thing to do with little time to do it in.

Here are some pics of the sear tripper

Mine seems to slant up to the front and right.

Edit: Those are really blurry for some reason.
spud01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 07:04 PM   #29 (permalink)
Ornamental redneck

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Mongo was telling me that he went with the steel pin style because the older style would wear down eventually

taco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 01:09 AM   #30 (permalink)

RTP Fan
Ah, maybe I should just call him to ask if he shipped my stuff handle yet. I hope he hasn't felt a need to avoid me!

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » MCB Reviews It