mcarterbrown.com  

MCB Reviews It MCB Reviews it! Have a review of a new gun, or old gun you just tried? New Mask or Gear? Let us know what you think.

Old 08-27-2009, 01:09 AM   #1 (permalink)
Midget Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to cfos00

Critical Spyder Trigger---For Centerflag Frames

So, I've been working on getting my semi-PGP exactly how I've wanted it for a long time now, and I loved most things about it. However, one thing I really did not love about the gun happened to be the most important part for me, and that was the trigger on my Uprising frame. Unfortunately, I didn't know of many options outside of Luke's trigger. No offense to him, but his wasn't really my style.

After firing up google, I was able to find out that Spyder triggers are about as close as it gets to a fit. I also knew that the microswitch getting swapped out would help tremendously. So I went searching for a trigger that wouldn't take too much modding to get to fit, would look good, and wouldn't cost a ton. I also wanted to swap in a lighter microswitch.

I found the critical spyder trigger on ebay for 26 bucks new, and it comes with a much lighter microswitch that is very close to being drop in. I figured that I'd give it a shot since it's a wave style, has a couple trigger stops, and really follows the curve of the frame almost perfectly.

When it came in the mail, a couple things obviously needed to be done I had to break off the top trigger stop near the trigger pin, file down the top of the trigger around the hole for the trigger pin, file down the back and front of the top of the trigger that runs inside the frame, file the back of the trigger near the angled trigger stop, and file the top of the trigger once it's outside the frame. Overall filing time ran about 45 minutes just to get it to fit. I also had to slide a board connection over the ends of the microswitch's wires (doesn't come with it) and bend down the top two connections from the wires to the switch. I also popped off the switch's spring lever.

Once I did that stuff--all of which is pretty easy and shouldn't take too long for anyone--- you can just drop it in and start adjusting the forward and back movement stop screws. Here's the end result:

It has some pro's and con's. It was made for a spyder, so you either need to drill out and get a spyder trigger pin, or be okay with it not fitting ideally on the pin. It also is a little narrow, so there is a small amount of side to side play. Those are the cons. The pro's are huge. If you set the set screws right, you can basically eliminate 90 percent of both of those problems because the trigger moves so little. You also end up with an easily walkable Uprising or Hyperframe.

So if you're looking to upgrade your centerflag electroframe trigger and wanted a different option, this may be one path you might want to consider. I know I was and didn't see a lot out there. I would recommend this trigger to just about anyone who loves their Uprising, likes blade triggers, and wants to lighten their trigger pull. Really easy to do, looks good, and runs under $30 bucks.

Need a Centerflag Uprising manual? PM me.

My Shooters
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/c...ml#post3081978

Last edited by cfos00; 08-27-2009 at 01:52 AM.
cfos00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 01:14 AM   #2 (permalink)
Post Whore

looks neat not to be an a$$ but whats the point of goiong to all the trouble with a pgp i just never got that cool non the less though

My Markers:
pre 2K R feed sniper 2
Open class Sterling
Tippmann A5 stealth
nickakathebest1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 01:25 AM   #3 (permalink)
Midget Enthusiast

Really small, doesn't carry much weight but lets you know its there, shoots well, can use a lot of widely available parts, is brass, combines multiple paintball eras from the sports early stages until present, pays homage to the beginning of one of the most popular gun styles ever made, and is one of the more rare/unique guns you'll see as it's been customized very, very heavily just for me. So basically, this gun holds a lot of the values I do in a marker.

My Shooters
Old 08-30-2009, 05:15 PM   #4 (permalink)

Ive seen that gun 10x now, and everytime I look at it I like it even more.

One of my favorite guns ever.
Critical does make great triggers. Havent had a spyder one but have in another gun. Very nice.
codymm1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 06:27 PM   #5 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfos00 View Post
Really small, doesn't carry much weight but lets you know its there, shoots well, can use a lot of widely available parts, is brass, combines multiple paintball eras from the sports early stages until present, pays homage to the beginning of one of the most popular gun styles ever made, and is one of the more rare/unique guns you'll see as it's been customized very, very heavily just for me. So basically, this gun holds a lot of the values I do in a marker.
hrm good points it does again fall back to what you as a player needs in a gun

My Markers:
pre 2K R feed sniper 2
Open class Sterling
Tippmann A5 stealth
nickakathebest1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 09:53 PM   #6 (permalink)
Midget Enthusiast

Yep, different guns fit different people better, and variety is a good thing

The centerflag frames are a lot of fun, but I hadn't seen many options for people who wanted a new trigger. That's why I put the post up, not really to show the gun in this case (appreciate the comments though).

My Shooters
Old 08-30-2009, 10:28 PM   #7 (permalink)

Really wish I could see a vid of it shooting. Is it a different feel or is it pretty similar shooting to an Autococker?
codymm1014 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » MCB Reviews It