mcarterbrown.com  

Misc Paintball Items Tanks, Barrels, Hoppers. Everything else paintball related is sold in here

Old 11-04-2010, 01:54 PM   #1 (permalink)

Pure Energy 88/4500 tank NEW hydro

gone

Last edited by brink; 01-20-2011 at 05:00 PM.
brink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 04:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
Rec Poster

pming
tprasse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 11:38 AM   #3 (permalink)
Rec Poster

still trying to figure this out, so call me. 540-907-9906. thanks --trey

Last edited by tprasse; 01-17-2011 at 04:30 PM.
Old 01-17-2011, 05:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
Rec Poster

ok, after leading me on for a over a month and a half, this guy finally sent me the tank... what an unprofessional experience this has been. beware, this guy will lie and lie to you with no guilt, including bull**** about being out of the country and the post office messing up while offering no proof that he had sent me anything... he wont talk on the phone because he is afraid to have something said that isn't written down. i don't mean he won't discuss business, i mean he won't answer his phone and will send you straight to voicemail, and he won't "work things out" unless i put myself at further risk.

this has to be one of the shadiest characters i've ever had to deal with online. people, watch out for Arron Willis of Franklin, Ohio.
Old 01-18-2011, 04:25 PM   #5 (permalink)

uhg... kids these days...

In a nut shell:

I have 4 of these tanks. All hydro'd at the same place, and the same time.

I shipped the first tank out shortly after he paid. I dont come to these forums much, and also for whatever reason, mcarterbrown.com updates always go to my spam folder. I told him in the beginning, to txt me, not email or private message. Txt was the fastest. I hadnt heard back. A few weeks later, i was deleting spam and noticed mcarterbrown was there. Clicked on it, and noticed it was him, and he still hadnt got the tank. I txt him and emailed him letting him know i would ship out a second tank the next day with insurance and tracking, as long as post office confirmed it hadnt got to his house. the next day they had no real answer, so i went ahead and shipped the second tank out, with tracking. This time, he confirms he got the tank after i provide him with tracking number showing it did in fact arrive. I also asked him that if the first tank arrived, to notifiy me, i would paypal him the shipping cost and to return one of the tanks. Then he starts in asking for a refund. But he wants me to refund his money, BEFORE HE SHIPS either tank back to me. I told him no. I dont believe he didnt get the first tank. But no proof. I can prove he got the second tank, however. There is no way im issuing a refund without either tank in my possession. It really feels like this guy was trying to scam me. He noticed the first tank didnt have tracking on it, so he claimed he didnt get it. Hoping i would refund him. The second tank arrives, and now he wants me to refund him the money, while he still has both tanks??? Makes no sense.

Once this BS started getting fishy, i did say i would only communicate via txt or email. This way i had proof of everything that was said. Its called buyer/seller protection. Makes perfect sense to me.

Oh, and sorry, i travel a lot. Yes there were a few days where i was out of town and couldnt be reached. But i made every effort possible to keep this deal moving forward. Including sending out a second tank because i really thought maybe the first one got lost in the mail. Now, im realizing this guy is simply trying to scam me and keep the tanks, and the money
Old 01-19-2011, 06:17 PM   #6 (permalink)
Rec Poster

did you provide proof that you shipped the first tank ever? no. first, the post office "messed up" and "shipped it back to you." you even offered to put $5 in the box to make up for it. then they "lost it" when you reshipped it. you failed to provide proof for either of the transactions with a receipt, let alone a tracking number like was requested. when you finally sent me a tank in a box post marked january 10th, it was the exact tank pictured above, the supposed "lost one" from a month before. now to get refunded i have to send back two tanks? if i were to send back the only one you actually sent me and failed to produce the other imaginary tank, i have a feeling my refund wouldn't have come through. like i would have wanted. nice try. take a picture of your other two tanks that you still have with today's newspaper and post it up. if you hadn't been so hard to get a hold of or offered a shred of proof that you sent anything other than the tank pictured above late, this wouldn't have been an issue and I would be apologizing to you. but you never did any of that. text message is a real pain in the *** to work out problems like this, though i sent many. emailing me back would have been a nice touch too.

Last edited by tprasse; 01-20-2011 at 11:53 AM.
Old 01-20-2011, 06:38 PM   #7 (permalink)

No. actually. You asked me to refund your money before you ever shipped anything back. Just seemed sketchy to me. Didnt make sense the second tank i shipped made it there no problem in a few days. But the first tank never arrived? It was my fault for not shipping with tracking on the first one

My comments about a refund were simple. I will not refund you money, before i get anything back. Personally, i do think you have both tanks. But i cant prove it. So its on me. oh well. my loss. but im not refunding you money while you still have 1, if not both tanks. refunds dont work that way.
Old 01-20-2011, 07:06 PM   #8 (permalink)
Rec Poster

remember, the first one screwed up twice supposedly. do you have your receipts from shipping either time? tracking is less than a dollar and it keeps this from happening... i've done so much business on here, pbn and ebay... why am i trying to scam you for a $90 tank? i have been receiving plenty of packages with no tracking number, and i hate it every time because those are the only ones that I ever have problems with that can't easily be fixed. that's why I said "please send me tracking when you ship." i would have had no problem shipping the tank back first had things not been so fishy. i am currently shipping first on items that far exceed the value of your tank. the difference there is the people stay in communication AND do what they say they will do. you just never did any of what you said you would do in a timely fashion.

the mysterious post office problems that you had were eerily similar to lies i've been told in the past... i never believed any of it, and usually it plays out fine because it's just somebody screwed up and sent it late. but when the exact tank pictured in the sale arrived with a january 10th postage stamp, it got really fishy when you wouldn't drop that you had sent an identical tank that you have two other copies of as well... please, prove you have the other two tanks at least by posting them together in a picture with some dated material. and if you can scan the two receipts from shipping before on the days you shipped it that would be nice too. i'm assuming you kept that documentation since keeping everything in writing is such a big deal to you... find a credible witness to back you up... anything...

provide any information that backs you up other than a text message giving your word and i'd be glad to work something out with you still. i'm just tired of nothing working for two months straight on a deal... And you have my word that if your first tank ever comes in that i will send it back to you, even on my dime as an apology for doubting you providing you do something to prove yourself. so there you have it... since i'm such an idiot for thinking that you could possibly scam me, back up your story a little more than what you have. enlighten me. until then, quit whining about what an ******* I am.

oh yeah, please post up our pm correspondence just so people are clear what was said. i already posted what I had for public record in my feedback responding to your claims. but just so there is no confusion, please post your side here, too. thanks. --trey

Last edited by tprasse; 01-20-2011 at 08:04 PM.
Old 01-21-2011, 03:23 PM   #9 (permalink)

I have said my piece. I have explained my side of things. I fully acknowledge i should have had tracking on the first tank. And if it really is lost, then its my fault. Considering i sent a second tank to replace it, im the one eating the cost of error here.

Further more, no. I have zero need to continue this debate. I know how things are on my end. I know im legit. Ill never deal with you again, so its whatever. Ill never get a tank back. so its whatever. Take care, best of luck in life.
Old 01-22-2011, 12:20 PM   #10 (permalink)
Rec Poster

ok man. take care. --trey

mcarterbrown.com » Buy, Sell, Trade » Misc Paintball Items