mcarterbrown.com  

Misc Paintball Items Tanks, Barrels, Hoppers. Everything else paintball related is sold in here

Old 04-13-2012, 02:58 PM   #21 (permalink)
MCB Member

AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintgrenade View Post
Jaccen, the two patents your referring to don't apply to this machine or the types of paintball grenades it makes.
I am not a lawyer. I simply posted them after quickly searching for "grenade" on haveblue. They're the closest ones I could find that are similar to the Bouncy Betty design within 20 seconds. You're right in that you could probably make all manner of grenades without fear of patent litigation. However, I'm not a lawyer so I can't comment.

The links were put there for interest's sake. No disrespect/"smoking gun" intended.

Jaccen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 02:59 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha434 View Post
The tippmann patent is easily voidable with the proper historic documentation. Lucky for me....

Unfortunately, without a history of earnings or sales, I think it would be extremely foolish to buy a business that would be in direct competition with a member in good favor on MCB. There's too much risk that you would just piss people off and not even make your money back.
Just found the Tippmann patent: United States Patent: 4932672

Its from 1990, were you making paintball grenades before 1990? It doesn't matter anyway because patents expire after 20 years: Term of patent in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You think selling paintball grenades would be foolish because someone on MCB sells them?? You realize millions of people play paintball and they are not all on MCB and dozens of people/companies sell paintball grenades. I'm not even suggesting you sell them on MCB. Selling them through the professional website thats included, ebay, and amazon will easily sell tons of these things.
paintgrenade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 03:18 PM   #23 (permalink)
MaD
MCB Member

Those machines were pretty neat. A bit pricey but they did cost like $1000+. I think that's also why there aren't that many of them out there. A couple have popped up in the last few years and they didn't draw a huge price.

Patents, supplies aside, what is being used for paint?

Quote:
Originally Posted by senghing27
ooops
Note: While I would love to take credit for his work, I am not associated with Mad Customs!
You can contact BigMatt-MadCustoms in his MCB forum
MaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 03:36 PM   #24 (permalink)
Banned

AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintgrenade View Post
Just found the Tippmann patent: United States Patent: 4932672

Its from 1990, were you making paintball grenades before 1990? It doesn't matter anyway because patents expire after 20 years: Term of patent in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You think selling paintball grenades would be foolish because someone on MCB sells them?? You realize millions of people play paintball and they are not all on MCB and dozens of people/companies sell paintball grenades. I'm not even suggesting you sell them on MCB. Selling them through the professional website thats included, ebay, and amazon will easily sell tons of these things.
(Not in response to the quote, but...) What is the business registered as, and where?

Obviously, if you sell a business on a related web forum.... And the business doesn't have an established customer base... Then the new "owner" is going to attempt to find that customer base on the web forum that you sold it on.

Blackrain already has that market. Which means that the perspective buyer would immediately be up against another member on this forum.

I think it's foolish for one member here to attempt to trample another member here without making notable progress that benefits the community.

Another thing worth noting, is that although "millions" of people play paintball, that phrase is trumped up to mean "millions" of people have played paintball once in their life. Additionally, only an extremely small percentage of that has used a grenade before. And only an extremely small percentage of THEM carry grenades regularly. I would say, expertly: fewer than 200 people in the United States would be repeat customers. Probably fewer than 100.

EDIT: Let's extrapolate... 100 people, would buy maybe 3 grenades a season. At a profit of $3/ grenade... That's $900 in profit. Possibly per year. At that number, it would take 3 years for you to turn a profit at all.... Now image each grenade takes 15 minutes to make... That's just 75 hours a year of work. And 225 hours before profit. Now... 100 people is also assuming that you can grab a market share from Tippmann, Rap4, and Blackrain, and the couple other producers out there... Maybe you can't. Which means that your 100 number instead starts out at 5.

I will tell you this: If someone here was going to buy your idea, there's a 50% chance it would be me. But I cannot find the value at $2500. Sell the product for a month or so, come back with sales numbers. Then, we have something to talk about.

I'll also tell you this: I own the IP of several dead paintball companies. One of which used to sell the most grenades in the US, and started Tippmann's grenade operation. I have the real numbers in hand. Be prepared for a real conversation.

Last edited by alpha434; 04-13-2012 at 03:57 PM.
alpha434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 04:34 PM   #25 (permalink)
WALZ Jr.

any pictures 0f YOUR grenades?
Old 04-13-2012, 06:02 PM   #26 (permalink)
MaD
MCB Member

Edit: Nevermind. I do call shens on this thread as the domain registration is from yesterday

Domain Name: PAINTBALL-GRENADES.COM
Registrant:
PrivacyProtect.org

Creation Date: 12-Apr-2012
Expiration Date: 12-Apr-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by senghing27
ooops
Note: While I would love to take credit for his work, I am not associated with Mad Customs!
You can contact BigMatt-MadCustoms in his MCB forum

Last edited by MaD; 04-13-2012 at 06:10 PM.
MaD is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Buy, Sell, Trade » Misc Paintball Items