mcarterbrown.com  

Misc Paintball Items Tanks, Barrels, Hoppers. Everything else paintball related is sold in here

Old 04-12-2014, 04:50 AM   #1 (permalink)
MCB Member

Magnetic dice fill nipple covers

Anyone need a really geeky fill nipple cover? Same concept as the Ninja magnetic covers, just geekier. Takes about 5 pounds of force to pull them off. Don't try to shoot craps behind a bunker, they're heavily loaded and you'll roll snake eyes nearly every time.

4 available, more next week, and I'll take special requests. Please no D4s, they're a gigantic pain in the backside to jig up in the drill press. I'll do it, but I won't promise how straight they'll sit on the nipple (or that I won't throw them into traffic).

$8 each, plus $2 to ship up to about a dozen in the lower 48, Ninja SL not included

Last edited by sft2; 04-18-2014 at 04:40 PM. Reason: Price change
sft2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 06:15 AM   #2 (permalink)

I'll take one!

Free face painting.....bring yo kidz.......
AngryScottishRocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 08:43 AM   #3 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Brass N Wood Fan
Any other color options coming? Ill take an oldschool white with black dots if you get some
Old 04-12-2014, 02:17 PM   #4 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryScottishRocker View Post
I'll take one!
Paypal is n3343v@gmail.com, make sure your shipping address is in there somewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmon View Post
Any other color options coming? Ill take an oldschool white with black dots if you get some
I'll see what I can dig up. 3/4" dice don't seem like they should be difficult to find, but they seem to be hiding.
Old 04-12-2014, 02:28 PM   #5 (permalink)
Henchemen Inc!

Send a message via AIM to vf-xx

You want dice? Here are dice:

Crystal Caste

Hrm, I need to go find a magnet. Any suggestions on where to get those? I need a D12 nipple cover...
Old 04-12-2014, 02:43 PM   #6 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vf-xx View Post
You want dice? Here are dice:

Crystal Caste

Hrm, I need to go find a magnet. Any suggestions on where to get those? I need a D12 nipple cover...
It's not so much finding dice as it is finding dice made of something that doesn't shatter when drilled that are at least .700" thick and have 2 parallel faces so they don't take forever to fixture. Cheap is also good. I have 2 dice bags, one that I actually use, the other is random stuff (and is the one I can't find).

K&J Magnetics is a good source for magnets. Pay attention to the strength of the magnets, you want N52s. 5/16x1/8 or 1/4 is what I use, in an 8mm hole (best done with a center cutting end mill, which hasn't gotten here yet), secured with epoxy. Be careful with the stuff they sell. It's sintered material and they sell magnets capable of amputating limbs if you get between them. I use them for setting up quick fixtures in the drill, holding parts for welding, attaching hatches to RC aircraft, attaching disobedient offspring to the fridge, and so on. Good stuff.

Oh, there's a trick to drilling dice. If you just plow through a die with the final hole size and that hole crosses an edge it's going to chip, if it doesn't explode. Step drill it in 1/16 increments, and you HAVE to peck drill or you just weld the chips back to the hole and make a mess.
Old 04-14-2014, 10:56 PM   #7 (permalink)
MCB Member

I now have more dice than I know what to do with. Green, blue, pearl white, black, purple, red, and so on. D4 to D20. I also have an idea I'm going to work on in a bit later tonight after the family is in bed and out of my hair. If it works I'll post pics. I may also have a line on some little 8 balls. If they work I'll post pics of that, too.
Old 04-14-2014, 11:40 PM   #8 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Brass N Wood Fan
sounds good, black sounds nice
Old 04-15-2014, 12:42 PM   #9 (permalink)
BAZINGA PUNK!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to [MOOSE]

Brass N Wood Fan
Waiting on other styles. I would be interested in something other than a regular d6.
Long distance member of: Team Long Stroke (It's like a long distance relationship only better)
[MOOSE] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 06:12 PM   #10 (permalink)
MCB Member

Just drilled a D12 and D20 to make sure it was going to work with these dice, and nothing exploded, so those are an option. I have magnets on the way for the next batch and will be drilling a few dozen dice so they're ready. I'll also be doing some 9mm and .45 ACP cases. Those will need to be filled with epoxy, cured, post cured, and drilled, so I'll start that process next. I did find a few white dice D6s with black dots, so I'll get a couple of those started, too. Any other requests?

Edit: Yes, I know the pics are rotated and suck. I hate my phone.

Is this old school enough?

D12

D20

Better pics when I have a chance to set up the real camera.

Last edited by sft2; 04-15-2014 at 06:30 PM. Reason: Pics

mcarterbrown.com » Buy, Sell, Trade » Misc Paintball Items