mcarterbrown.com  

Miscellaneous Markers Various Paintball Guns / Markers

Old 08-07-2011, 07:51 PM   #11 (permalink)

Only had mine for three months now but I'll try to give a good review of it.
kurtmc36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 01:54 PM   #12 (permalink)
DonkeyPunchTheNightAway

Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
Ive been looking to buy one for quite some time now, but have had absolutely no luck reaching anyone at insight. I've emailed a couple times, and called numerous times, not once, by any means did i get i response.

Which is just truly unfortunate for me, because i would also like to buy an ICE Epic. If you have any luck, or information on how to buy one new please let me know!
Heh, I have been trying to get my hands on one for a couple of years now. I first contacted them to see if i can have a custom one made. He seemed interested in doing so and then no communication. After 6 months have passed ive tried once more. All i wanted done was a different anno job. I was willing to pay whatever to have this done. He seems interested once more and again no communication after 2 weeks. Even asked for a bare metal one so i can send it to a anno shop. Nothing once more...

Then I gave up with the idea and just off the shelf one and tried to order one, then nothing. Just 2 weeks ago I tried calling and emailing... again NOTHING.

This kind of saddens me since I really wanted one BAD. But after this experience, NO DEAL. If their customer support is like this before you buy I really hate to see after you own one. But if i can find myself a used DV8-07 in great condition and price I might reconsider.
Acidpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 03:12 AM   #13 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
i got to handle and fire one at one of my local shops... i cant speak to reliability but i can say it is one of the most interesting markers i have ever seen... very cool, very unique, and LOUD AS ALL GETOUT! (a plus for me :P )
Old 08-21-2012, 03:36 AM   #14 (permalink)
MCB Member

I really liked playing with the two or three I had.
I rebuilt them and fixed trigger issues and they worked great and were very consistent but I did encounter a couple flaws.

I also loved the updated trap door (Trap door Pro?) and ran mine with a Stiffi Switch kit. The trigger was short and crisp but a little heavy (which I didn't mind).

The one I still have has developed an issue with the back volume chamber moving slightly as I fire it which I think must have resulted from an over pressurizing of the volume chamber very slightly bending the back of the grip frame or body to not hold the back plug correctly. Has anyone else experienced this issue?
I would probably try to contact ICE but don't even want to bother based on the trouble others have had.

The other issue which I felt was a problem on all three of mine were the threads that held the foregrip into the body. I don't think I stripped any but I did feel they would strip out eventually because there wasn't much meat for the screw to go into.
To me this is an understandable sacrifice for the super light factor of the Epic but still I prefer being able to completely eat it (and I do on a regular basis) and not worry about breaking the foregrip.

In the end the Blazer and Mag won for both reliability and durability but for all of us on MCB these are a great gun to add to your random play crate.
Hope that helps and oh yeah as Squid said, very loud pop (but not necessarily a drawback to me either),
-Dan
bacci paintball is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Miscellaneous Markers