mcarterbrown.com  

Miscellaneous Markers Various Paintball Guns / Markers

Old 01-12-2011, 10:47 PM   #1 (permalink)

BT TM-15 issues

Hello,
Recently i experienced an issue with my BT TM-15, when i screw the tank in the bolt goes forward without firing and sits open leaking massive amount of air till i remove the tank, then bolt(or action) returns to the resting position. I tore the marker apart and oiled it real good, but it still is leaking, Checked all o-rings and am still unable to find the source of the problem.
If you have any ideas or fixes please tell me. (Note that i was unable to open the actual bolt due to the sealed action the BT TM-15 has.)
Thanks,
Bowman
Bowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 11:15 PM   #2 (permalink)
Back to paintball.

Send a message via AIM to Ir0nExpress

Oil? You're not suppose to use oil dude!
Ir0nExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 11:38 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ir0nExpress View Post
Oil? You're not suppose to use oil dude!
well not oil oil, Lube would be a better term for it. Removed board before lubing O-rings and then wiped up all excess before re-attaching electronics
Bowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 12:06 PM   #4 (permalink)

A friend's TM-15 (and yes he's tried replacing the solenoids) does something else. It doesn't leak, but when he shoots it no matter where he adjusts the velocity setting to, he barely gets 50fps out of the ball. I actually suggested he try running some oil thru the gun's regulator because I used to have to setup a Tippmann E-bolt 98 who's ram system and solenoid did exactly the same thing. You'd try adjusting the regulator pressure, you'd shoot it over and over, pffft pffft pffft all low velocity shots. Put a few drops of synthetic gun oil into the ASA, take five or ten shots and BLAM, back up to full velocity.
DeeEight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 12:39 AM   #5 (permalink)
Post Whore

"synthetic gun oil in the USA"

What type synthetic gun oil (real gun oil?)

Shaken......but not stirred. Licenced to paint.
bond commander bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 02:29 PM   #6 (permalink)
Straight 6 DID Bust!

The solenoid on the TM15 is nothing like the solenoid on a m98...You shouldn't oil the ASA or internals. Pretty sure you need grease.
Kermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 08:59 PM   #7 (permalink)
\m/ (><) \m/

Try this. Turn your gun on with the eyes off (hold in trigger while turning on). Make sure theres no paint in there, or at least nothing in the way you dont want to hit... then fire it until the thing stops leaking.

Sounds like your bolt is sticking open, a very common problem when they sit for any amount of time or when first using them when it's cold. Use dow33 (sl33k or hatersauce etc) as this seems to reduce the sticking in these mini based markers. Also be careful not to use too much, the tm15s especially seem sensitive to this.

Hopefully this solves your trouble! Good luck.
R_Os is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 09:06 PM   #8 (permalink)
\m/ (><) \m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeEight View Post
A friend's TM-15 (and yes he's tried replacing thé solenoids) does something else. It doesn't leak, but when he shoots it no matter where he adjusts thé velocity setting to, he barely gets 50fps out of thé ball. I actually suggested he try running some oil thru thé schwartz's regulator because I used to have to setup a Tippmann E-bolt 98 who's ram system and solenoid did exactly thé same thing. You'd try adjusting thé regulator pressure, you'd shoot it over and over, pffft pffft pffft all low velocity shots. Put a few drops of synthetic schwartz oil into thé ASA, take five or ten shots and BLAM, back up to full velocity.
What does the gauge on the side of the asa read when gassed up. Lots of tm series users make the mistake of using the regulator adjuster on the asa to adjust velocity. While it is much easier than spinning the maddening velocity adjuster, it really does effect the operation. It should read just under 200psi.

Please no oil in there. This isn't a sear tripper, it's a poppet valve. The manual that comes with it shows where to apply the lube, and what kind to use.

Also, if that doesn't work, try a new 9v. Verify that it actually has a full 9v with a voltmeter if possible. Always a good 1st thing to check with any electro.
R_Os is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 06:45 AM   #9 (permalink)

Why do people assume I was referring to the solenoid on an e-grip 98?!? I said an E-BOLT 98 !!!

Perhaps a photograph will help people understand the difference....

Here's the gun...

And here's the manual...

DeeEight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 03:47 PM   #10 (permalink)
MCB Member

Sorry I forgot about your reply to the thread.

Post editted.

Last edited by DoC19K; 04-17-2011 at 04:12 PM.
DoC19K is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Miscellaneous Markers