mcarterbrown.com  

Miscellaneous Markers Various Paintball Guns / Markers

Old 02-19-2011, 09:12 PM   #21 (permalink)
08sdekim

Brass N Wood Fan
Oh okay, I thought they were released already! If I'm ever in the market for an electro the Aura will be the first gun I look at for sure.
Old 02-20-2011, 10:29 PM   #22 (permalink)
Banned

well it sure won't help them now that the empire axe is unveiled. i wonder how that's going to affect this gun.
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 02:56 AM   #23 (permalink)
Gay boy with a Gun!

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
I assume that it won't much, because, if you read the prior posts of the thread, it is NOT a poppet valve. It is a spool. Therefore, it's actually quite different. Not to mention, by the looks of it (and the company's website), there are a few features that set it apart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler_vanvoorthuijse View Post
I gave into the rainbow side long ago...
I laughed beer out of my nose upon realizing you are a gay boy with a gun with that comment. Thanks, you owe me some beer.
Feedback

Selling these:
Custom KP3 and Brass Abomination
CYP Nemesis Timmy
Mag Parts!
Tyler_vanvoorthuijse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 12:54 AM   #24 (permalink)
Rec Poster

any news on this? its $350 on their site. who bought one?
chaibill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 01:00 AM   #25 (permalink)
Gay boy with a Gun!

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Oh, crap.... lol. didn't see that yet... Looks more solid now, and i LOVE the milling... yeah, if someone buys this post up a review/shooting vid please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler_vanvoorthuijse View Post
I gave into the rainbow side long ago...
I laughed beer out of my nose upon realizing you are a gay boy with a gun with that comment. Thanks, you owe me some beer.
Feedback

Selling these:
Custom KP3 and Brass Abomination
CYP Nemesis Timmy
Mag Parts!
Tyler_vanvoorthuijse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 11:56 AM   #26 (permalink)
The Man With No Plan

CCM Fan
PBN Fan
i got one

bought it "used"
looks brand new
shot 285 first shot, +/-6 with CRAPPY paint and a freaked barrel

im excited for it....
its crazy light
super_stanchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 10:14 PM   #27 (permalink)
ALPHA MIKE FOXTROT

I just got one in trade as soon as i can i'll conpare it to my sons axe.
edwards1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 09:07 AM   #28 (permalink)
MCB Member

AKA Fan
Is there a spec page anywhere? I don't see one on the company webpage.

EDIT:

Found 'em:

Quote:
2011 Mokal Aura Paintball Gun -

Inline bolt system

The Aura inline bolt system consists of a spool controlled by a direct operated solenoid valve. The movable part of the spool glides on self lubricating material which eliminates the need to use special grease like other spool type bolts. The low operating pressure and built in air cushion minimize recoil while firing.

How does it work?

The air used to fill the dump chamber causes the bolt to move to the back position. When the solenoid valve is energized air is directed to the rear of the bolt causing it to move forward. The bolt cuts off the supply to the dump chamber and releases it to shoot the paintball.

What is a direct operated solenoid valve?

This type of valve uses a solenoid to shift a spool directly. Unlike pilot operated valves these are high speed and very robust. The simple design allows easy maintenance. We designed our valve to be very compact with a large flow capacity. Most pilot operated valves have a maximum pressure rating of 120 psi. When they are used in paintball markers they are pushed to the limit of their rating which results in premature failure of the valve. Although the Aura operates at less than 170 psi, our direct operated valve can operate at pressures up to 400 PSI giving a comfortable safety margin. The result is an extremely durable valve system.

Eye shields

When a paintball breaks in a marker you almost always have to remove the bolt to completely clean out all the mess. Very rarely will it clean out by itself. And you will also have to remove the eyes to clean them properly. This is why the eye shields are so useful. When you use a squeegee to clean out the breach this will also clean the eyes. In addition they are slightly recessed so they will never get scratched by the movement of the bolt.

ASA with on/off and purge system

The Aura has a standard threaded ASA with an ON/OFF knob that not only makes it safe to remove the tank but also releases all the air in the marker and dump chamber. This simple and useful feature eliminates the need to shoot out the air in the marker when you remove the tank.

Intelligent break beam sensor system

The Aura has a redesigned break beam sensor system with eye shields that prevent any dirt from interfering with the sensor. The eyes can be cleaned by simply removing the bolt and using a squeegee. If any malfunction should occur the software automatically overrides the eye function and reduces the rate of fire to keep you in the game. The upper mode button on the foregrip allows you to enable or disable the sensor system. The software detects the actual position of the ball as it approaches the bottom of the breach. This is a more reliable way of ensuring that the ball is in position rather than using a time delay. The in-position tolerance can be adjusted depending on the paintballs being used. If you are using relatively tough paintballs you can set the precision to low. A high precision will ensure that the ball is fully in the breach which would be useful for fragile paintballs.

Electronic On/Off

We have built in a convenient electrical on/off switch into the handle that cuts off all power from the battery. Unlike other electronic markers ,when you are not using your marker you do not have to worry about draining the battery. We have also eliminated those cumbersome 9 volt battery connectors; the battery simply snaps into the handle frame.

Simple design

The Aura has all the air lines machined in the handle eliminated those bulky and leak prone macro fittings. The electronic controls and status leds are conveniently located in the foregip. The inline bolt system is completely removable from the back of the marker.

Adjustable trigger

The trigger has adjustments for pre and post travel as well as microswitch activation point.

Firing modes

There are 5 firing modes and 4 tournament modes. You can adjust the settings through the foregrip control without removing any covers.

Last edited by Jaccen; 03-22-2012 at 09:36 AM.
Jaccen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 12:15 PM   #29 (permalink)
MCB Member

This is an interesting machine. What kind of input pressure does it like?

I thought "look at the rebuild kit to get a clue", and there's no pic. Someone needs to put down the back-bacon and get to work on that web site.
Old 03-27-2012, 12:25 PM   #30 (permalink)
Back sorta I guess

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider! View Post
This is an interesting machine. What kind of input pressure does it like?

I thought "look at the rebuild kit to get a clue", and there's no pic. Someone needs to put down the back-bacon and get to work on that web site.
I was told it works in the 120-170 PSI range.

If you are what you eat, then isn't cannibalism the way to go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar View Post
barrels are like women - everyone likes them for their subtle differences and personal preferences. ALthough at this price, they cost substantially less than women.

(caution: barrels are not like women, do NOT insert your p3nis into a barrel)
ComradeBenedict is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Miscellaneous Markers