mcarterbrown.com  

Money and Finance Because you have to save money to spend it on new paintball stuff!

Old 06-14-2011, 08:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

Pandora IPO

So, Pandora.com goes public tomorrow. After reading their release that they are basically bleeding money, I wouldn't be shocked that it won't be free for very long. At the very least, I'm expecting a combination of more ads or less free hours per month. I've been thinking of spending the $36 and getting a subscription to PandoraOne, but now that they are going to have to answer to shareholders, I'm now not so sure. I've used it as a source for new bands for the iPod for almost 4 years now. That's what I don't want to go away.

/rambling

DT1 Dust Devil want list. Click me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by neftaly View Post
New advertising tagline: "Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever."
Feedback
desertT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 12:46 PM   #2 (permalink)
Trololol

Send a message via AIM to Meph

Fan of EMR
Ha. I'm the same way. I use Pandora not to listen to music but as a tool to find new good music for my iPod... which is what I use to listen to music.

As far as the stock goes... Pandora Media Inc: NYSE:P quotes & news - Google Finance
Rocketed after the bell then dropped. But still +$4 currently. Most likely due to it being a brand new item, some people wanting to try to get onto the "next Amazon" so they're gambling. Give it a couple months and we'll see where it's at.
Meph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 12:48 PM   #3 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

I'm hoping they put out options for it as quickly as they did with LinkdIn, or however you spell it, LNKD. I'm buying puts (shorting the safer way) as soon as I can after seeing how tame today has been compared to LNKD.

DT1 Dust Devil want list. Click me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by neftaly View Post
New advertising tagline: "Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever."
Feedback
desertT1 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Money and Finance

« - | Vehicle Loans »