mcarterbrown.com  

Money and Finance Because you have to save money to spend it on new paintball stuff!

Old 12-03-2013, 11:21 AM   #1 (permalink)
I Am The Admin

Send a message via AIM to Painthappy

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
ATM Fees are deplorable...

It's costing me money to get my money. Just a heads up to make sure you have a few bucks on you at all times.

I'm with TDBank and another local credit union just outside of my town. Neither are "on my way" to somewhere. I was heading out and needed a few bucks to hand over to my daughter so she could go to the movies. I didn't have much on me so stopped at a Citizens bank ATM.

That bank charged me $3.50 to get my money. Damn that was steep. Did it due to the need at the moment.

Next day, checked my account. $2.50 charge also from my bank! WTF!!!!

$6.00 cost to get my $60.00

10%

Now I normally have cash on me, and haven't had this pleasure of using an ATM other than my banks in about 2 or 3 years. When the hell did it get this bad?

I'm flabbergasted frankly.

So, just a friendly reminder. Take out 60 to 100 in bills and keep it in your car or wallet. Stop getting swindled by the banks.
Sailing Blog - http://www.slightlycrewed.com
Painthappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 11:25 AM   #2 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
That's why we bank with a bank who reimburses us fees and doesn't charge fees for ATM transactions.

World of Tanks Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCM CHICK View Post
I say to you with love in my heart... your a whore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scharfschutze91 View Post
i like the zipper... pullover's hurt when i take them off. I gel my hair everyday so when I pull it off it snags on my hair and hurts.
mrmag11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 11:27 AM   #3 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

That's a better return for them than most other 'services'.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar View Post
I really like the picture posts, because I don't understand most of the word posts.
desertT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 11:29 AM   #4 (permalink)
Doesn't care (/◕ヮ◕)/

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
yup, every pay check I just take out 100-200 cash to last me the full 2 weeks plus some, put what I have left in a left over jar for something at the end of a few months.
I also normally cheat if i'm short on cash, run to wallgreens or something, buy a soda/water, pack of gum and take out some cash, most places will let you do 20 easily, normally even up to 100, no atm fees.

Though this is debit card, no credit cards here.

On a side note, does anyone even use credit cards anymore? I used to get tons of credit card offers in the mail stating a super low or no intrest for the first few months then a fairly low intrest rate after that, this all when I had NO credit. Now that I have good credit, all my offers are for 20-25% interest when the "penality" intrest is only 28%. Why the hell would I want a credit card at 25% interest.

I don't always play pump, but when I do, I prefer a rotor.....stay agg my friends.
JLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 11:40 AM   #5 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJOttawa View Post
Everyone takes debit up here in Canada and there's no fee for debit transactions. Are a lot of places around the US still "cash only?"
No, but Carter is using the 'don't give your daughter your debit card and PIN' rule.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar View Post
I really like the picture posts, because I don't understand most of the word posts.
desertT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 12:40 PM   #6 (permalink)
I Am The Admin

Send a message via AIM to Painthappy

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertT1 View Post
No, but Carter is using the 'don't give your daughter your debit card and PIN' rule.
Yes pretty much my daughter is not even 10 yet and wanted to make sure she had some money on her but all I had on me was five dollars and that just wasn't going to be enough.
Sailing Blog - http://www.slightlycrewed.com
Painthappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 01:20 PM   #7 (permalink)
Post Whore

one way to avoid the fees is going into a store that offer cash back on purchases but it is a good rule to keep some cash in your wallet for those emergency.
hmcl281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 01:40 PM   #8 (permalink)
Paintball Ballistician :P

I've found a lot of stores here in Virginia allow cash back on store purchases and nearly all banks and independent ATMs charge fees. My former bank, Bank of America, like many other banks charged fees on top of whatever the ATM operator charged.

In 2010, I was channel surfing through CSPAN and I caught a Senate debate on whether or not to impose a 50 cent/transaction cap on ATM fees. No surprise that the financial sector and it's lobbying groups opposed it...

When banks first deployed ATMs they were free as they were simply designed to replace a human bank attendent (and saving the banks money). Years ago, they realized it could be a source of revenue, and you can clearly see how the 'free market' isn't working here- despite the extensive proliferation of ATM machines (independently operated and, those from banks), fees have been increasing.
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Death View Post
First strike rounds punish lazy people. Don't be lazy and you won't have problems with first strikes.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 01:58 PM   #9 (permalink)
Post Whore

Might not always be an option, but you can set up a debit card for a kid that you put money on. My oldest (15) has one that we just transfer money to when needed and it works well for us. Only ever had one issue or so where someplace wouldn't accept the card, which was an online box office. I can't think of anyone around here that doesn't accept debit card anymore.

As a side note, back in the day I ran across a place that charged something like a 20% transaction fee...... It was someplace where guys were often drunk, horny and stupid so they go away with it.
OPBN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 02:10 PM   #10 (permalink)
Paintballs Drunk Uncle

Send a message via AIM to Greenmtnphantom Send a message via MSN to Greenmtnphantom

Fan of EMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJOttawa View Post
Everyone takes debit up here in Canada and there's no fee for debit transactions. Are a lot of places around the US still "cash only?"
The bar I work at is cash only. And there are several small businesses in the area that offer a discount if you pay in cash (amounts to the same amout of a debit/credit transaction fee they would have to pay)

I get a tipout every night I work at the bar. amounts to anywhere from 10-40 a week. Thast my just in case/small purchase money.

Need a gallon of milk on the way home from work, little treat for the kids at the skating rink or park, something like that I have the cash. If I end the week with any $10 or $20 bills, they go in the bank for my toy fund.
Since this thread started with boobs what are we supposed to derail it with?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drum View Post
Someone ban that painthappy dude
Stock class = 12grams and a stick feed. End discussion.
Greenmtnphantom is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Money and Finance