mcarterbrown.com  

Money and Finance Because you have to save money to spend it on new paintball stuff!

Old 11-04-2014, 05:51 PM   #21 (permalink)
PLUS VLTRA

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
Metals are tempting because they buck the stock market. It's easy to look back over the charts and see, "man, if I'd only bought silver in 2004, I'd be a jillionaire!" That's true of anything, really, but I think that the fact that metals tend to rise while the markets tank compounds wishful thinking.

Of course, if it were possible to time the markets, we'd all be rich.
2. Do not put any airsmith before the WALZ
3. Do not covet thy neighbors brass
4. Give a lot of cool **** to cool people for free
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancyfingers View Post
I stumbled in here looking for autococker/pump advise [sic] and being FLAMED OUT MY A$$ on PBN.
Feedback
Axel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 02:14 PM   #22 (permalink)

The advantage in buying gold or silver in face to face transactions is you have more control over what you spend. Usually you are dealing with motivated sellers and will pay less than spot vs paying a premium at a retail supplier.

I buy PM's but not as an investment. I buy it as a store of wealth. There is a near certainty the dollar will continue to have less and less purchasing power over time. Ultimately all fiat currencies return to their intrinsic value which is that of the paper they are printed on.

I believe the probability of a road warrior scenario where people trade for bits of silver and label less cans of peaches is highly unlikely. However the likelihood of a change in currencies or a revaluation of currencies is almost certain at some point in the near future. History backs this up. I have examples of 5, 10, 20, and 50 million mark notes which held so little value they didn't bother wasting ink on the back side of the bill.

During such a reorganization, holding a store of wealth in the form of gold and silver is a great way to financially survive the transition. For about 5000 years precious metals has been seen as a very conservative way to preserve wealth from generation to generation.

Last edited by flinx; 08-16-2015 at 02:16 PM. Reason: sentence incomplete.
flinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 10:15 PM   #23 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axel View Post
Metals are tempting because they buck the stock market. It's easy to look back over the charts and see, "man, if I'd only bought silver in 2004, I'd be a jillionaire!" That's true of anything, really, but I think that the fact that metals tend to rise while the markets tank compounds wishful thinking.

Of course, if it were possible to time the markets, we'd all be rich.
Not always true....silver could be a buy...silver can appreciate, I debated metals for a while, I make more in the markets (stock market)...buy low and sell high always is a plus.

Silver typically appreciates in the Fall...

If you are worried about a Mad Max event...guns are the answer...and find a spot on the map that is not close to a nuclear power plant...lol
Old 08-24-2015, 08:15 PM   #24 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Lately every time silver drops below $15, it bounces back...

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Money and Finance