mcarterbrown.com  

Music Music in General, Bands, Swap Stories, Swap Band Equipment, etc

Old 01-30-2011, 01:38 PM   #31 (permalink)
Post Whore

today modern metal is mix of growls and screams. so your going have to get use to it. unless your in to Symphonic metal gothic metal. if want good soilwork you want Figure Number Five, Stabbing the Drama, Sworn to a Great Divide there newest album like first three. new one went little back to there early years.

Last edited by chrislognshot; 01-30-2011 at 02:57 PM.
chrislognshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 02:57 PM   #32 (permalink)
.67cal Buwwets!

CCM Fan
I wouldn't say get used to it, most metal sucks, just like other genres, most if it sucks, you just gotta find what suits you. I find too many people like certain metal because its considerred "super hardcore" when in reality its a bunch of sloppy noise, just like panninjg for gold, you go thru a lot of dirt to find that little spec of what your looking for.

Evreyone views Killswitch Engage as some amazing metal band, and they are OK, but their new vocalist sucks, they should have never switched, and since evreyone already had the t-shirt, they are still an "in" band, but they sound pretty terrible now. There are also a lot of bands I feel are famous only because emo kids like the way their name sounds and it looks good on a t-shirt w/ skinny jeans and their hair in their mouth.

Like Job for a Cowboy, they are pretty big now, but I think their vocalist is terrible, they could be so much better w/ someone who could sing and had rhythm, this is just one of so many bands I feel this way about. I like metalheads, but most of them IMO have bad taste, just like I imagine they think the same about my opinion. Thankfully there is a big variety so evreyone should be able to find something that fits them.
crazyorigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 04:30 PM   #33 (permalink)
The Largest in NH

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyorigin View Post

Evreyone views Killswitch Engage as some amazing metal band, and they are OK, but their new vocalist sucks, they should have never switched, and since evreyone already had the t-shirt, they are still an "in" band, but they sound pretty terrible now.
Killswitch Engage doesn't have a new vocalist. It's been Howard Dean for years and although I'm not a huge fan of the a lot of their new stuff he is still better than 98% of metal vocalists past and present. The guy before Howard Jones on the other hand...He was terrible.

The guy from All That Remains filled in for him when he took a quick break from tour last year, but he came back in july.
OSG Paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 10:47 AM   #34 (permalink)
I love this Place

If i was to get a sentenced cd what should i get "down" or "amok".I realize they are not fast but which of these two would have faster heavier sound and cleaner singing.I also ordered Poison Black - Lust stained dispair.Someone recomended "In Flames-A sence of purpose" to me and i have to say it is one of my favorite cd's i have bought in the past couple years.

Feedback 37+0-
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...highlight=1s1k
http://customcockers.com/forum/showt...ewpost&t=10999

Last edited by 1S1K; 01-31-2011 at 12:38 PM.
1S1K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 10:49 AM   #35 (permalink)
.67cal Buwwets!

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by OSG Paintball View Post
Killswitch Engage doesn't have a new vocalist. It's been Howard Dean for years and although I'm not a huge fan of the a lot of their new stuff he is still better than 98% of metal vocalists past and present. The guy before Howard Jones on the other hand...He was terrible.

The guy from All That Remains filled in for him when he took a quick break from tour last year, but he came back in july.
I don't mean new as in they just signed him last week, but the vocalist they have had for a few years now is not as good as their original one IMO, he sounds horrible when he actually sings, sounds like he has a bubble in his throat. I don't think he is nearly as good as the original vocalist, but noone else seems to mind.
crazyorigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 03:56 PM   #36 (permalink)
The Largest in NH

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyorigin View Post
but the vocalist they have had for a few years now is not as good as their original one IMO, he sounds horrible when he actually sings, sounds like he has a bubble in his throat.
I will give Jesse Leach more credit than I initially did. I went back to some of my old KSE just to make sure I wasn't missing anything or I forgot something. He wasn't terrible...My last serenade is definitely one of my favorite KSE songs. BUT when it comes to actual singing Howard Jones is superior in every single aspect. From range to consistency Jesse Leach can't hold a candle to him. I really don't know about said "bubble." I have almost all of their albums and all I hear is one of the best singing front men in any band across all genres of metal.
Old 01-31-2011, 04:18 PM   #37 (permalink)
The Largest in NH

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1S1K View Post
If i was to get a sentenced cd what should i get "down" or "amok".I realize they are not fast but which of these two would have faster heavier sound and cleaner singing.I also ordered Poison Black - Lust stained dispair.Someone recomended "In Flames-A sence of purpose" to me and i have to say it is one of my favorite cd's i have bought in the past couple years.
If you like In Flames you might like The Agony Scene. They don't do a whole lot of singing and they broke up, but they sound similar. Also give Evergreen Terrace a try too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvozUBv7aaE
Old 01-31-2011, 09:47 PM   #38 (permalink)
drg
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSG Paintball View Post
drg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 12:08 AM   #39 (permalink)
The Largest in NH

bahahahahahahahahahaha good catch lol. Actually caught myself saying that....didn't think I actually typed it
Old 02-04-2011, 11:43 AM   #40 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to dextrous

Might be a little too much yelling for you, but the clean vocals are good and the metal guitar is awesome.

Here's 12 min or so for you to make up your own mind . . .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5qB1kTmUZA

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Music