mcarterbrown.com  

Music Music in General, Bands, Swap Stories, Swap Band Equipment, etc

Old 03-10-2012, 03:51 AM   #11 (permalink)
Meow.

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Since dropkicks have already been mentioned I'll recommend The Fighting Jamesons... pretty similar in style and they have some pretty good songs (that I am too lazy to go look up at the moment...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagels View Post
When face palm is not enough, you face rocket.
i8pie2day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 04:12 AM   #12 (permalink)
Lost the Daylight

Send a message via ICQ to Listessa Send a message via AIM to Listessa Send a message via MSN to Listessa Send a message via Yahoo to Listessa

The Real McKenzies are Scots!
(As are Clann An Drumma, Albinach, and Enter the Haggis, and Red Hot Chilli Pipers. All AWESOME groups, but not Irish.) If you like pipes and drums Clann is great for that, and the Chilli Pipers do covers of rock songs- "Eye of the Tiger" "Thunderstruck" and many others.

Seamus Kennedy does traditional stuff and is fun to listen to.
Great Big Sea are Canadians who are fantastic and they have a bunch of traditional Irish songs. Ditto on Sons of Maxwell. Those two are a little more focused on sea shanties, but excellent none the less. If you can sing along to Great Big Sea's version of "Mary Mack" after a night of drinking, then you kick *** too.

Capercaillie is Celtic stuff (so yeah on the Irish), Silly Wizard (traditional stuff), The Dubliners (different from YOUNG Dubliners as they are more traditional pub songs and stuff), Gaelic Storm modernized but not rock like DKM ("Johnny Jump Up" is one of my favorite songs EVER) , The Chieftains (more traditional type reels and stuff)...

I know there's more that I'm forgetting, but it's late.

Irish Music Forever That's a cool site I have bookmarked from ages ago, I didn't really look tonight to refresh my memory, but I'm sure it has something great.

Check stuff out by those bands. They are great. My hands hurt so I'm not youtube looking or linking. Didn't Kindred have a great list of St. Pat's songs he graced us with at one point?

Facilis est Descensus Averni.
<--Click to descend to my feedback.
NO'MAAM #2"National Organization Members Against AGG Metrosexuals" Rouge Cell #3
Listessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 08:20 AM   #13 (permalink)

CCM Fan
Palmers Fan
The Skels.
lawndart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 08:59 AM   #14 (permalink)
Village Idiot

Send a message via AIM to Greenmtnphantom Send a message via MSN to Greenmtnphantom

Fan of EMR
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4H7qb_NOrk

This is a band that Oldschool posted in one of these threads last year about this time.
I don't so much make money, as provide a conduit for it's movement.
Stock class = 12grams and a stick feed. End discussion.
Greenmtnphantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 09:49 AM   #15 (permalink)
Space Monkey 615 !!!

Kilt Fan
Listessa,,,

I know "The Real McKenzies" are Scots but I consider their brand of music Celtic Punk along with Dropkick Murphys, The Pogues, and Flogging Molly which can be played during St Patty's Day or in an Irish pub and nobody would complain...

Just my 2 pennies

WK2

Proudly Sponsored by Urban Ops Armory, FullClipUSA, Hammerhead, CPX Sports and RANGER UP <--Click the Ranger Up link and receive 20% off your purchase

MCB - Feedback for WickedKlown2,,, Automags.Org Online Forums - Feedback for WickedKlown2
WickedKlown2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 03:43 AM   #16 (permalink)
Lost the Daylight

Send a message via ICQ to Listessa Send a message via AIM to Listessa Send a message via MSN to Listessa Send a message via Yahoo to Listessa

Don't tell that to the Scottish performers! They get really riled up on the difference between the Irish and themselves. One jumped right on me when I wanted to hear "Wild Rover" figuring he wouldn't mind playing it. He did a great job of it though, but made the definition very clear.

I'm not sure how the Irish feel about playing Scottish songs- I've never really asked.

I wouldn't play any stuff by traditionally English groups though. That might start a riot.

Facilis est Descensus Averni.
<--Click to descend to my feedback.
NO'MAAM #2"National Organization Members Against AGG Metrosexuals" Rouge Cell #3
Listessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 10:06 AM   #17 (permalink)
Space Monkey 615 !!!

Kilt Fan
Great story and point taken

Being Scot/Irish I don't really care one way or the other as long as something is being played...

Thank You Listessa

WK2

Proudly Sponsored by Urban Ops Armory, FullClipUSA, Hammerhead, CPX Sports and RANGER UP <--Click the Ranger Up link and receive 20% off your purchase

MCB - Feedback for WickedKlown2,,, Automags.Org Online Forums - Feedback for WickedKlown2
WickedKlown2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 09:29 PM   #18 (permalink)
MCB Member

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Danny Boy - YouTube

The Dubliners- A Pub With No Beer - YouTube
Best time to take a dump is when on the phone with tech/ customer service.Also when they say something like "This call may be recorded. . . " I always tell them I hope so and proceed to enjoy my bowel movement.

My feedback

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
PATCHEZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 08:23 AM   #19 (permalink)
Village Idiot

Send a message via AIM to Greenmtnphantom Send a message via MSN to Greenmtnphantom

Fan of EMR
Since someone brought those crazy Scots into this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oO1bGlyHDNU

The Elders
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vb6JvbAtxrU
I don't so much make money, as provide a conduit for it's movement.
Stock class = 12grams and a stick feed. End discussion.
Greenmtnphantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:00 AM   #20 (permalink)
Memento mori.

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Being an American of mostly english and Scottish stock (yes, some Irish and Welsh, etc.) with a wife and friends mostly of Irish stock (who LOVE to remind me I'm not "as Irish" as them) this is one of my favorite songs (about a Scottsman mistaken for Irish.) I actually have a version (more Celtic Rock) by a band called SixmileBridge (no longer together) but I can't find the song online.

Erin-Go-Bragh (NOT the usual "Row in the Town" song)
Barry Kerr singing Erin go Bragh - YouTube

PS. I'm going to have good fun watching the rest of the videos in this thread. Thanks!
Finnigan is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Music