mcarterbrown.com  

Music Music in General, Bands, Swap Stories, Swap Band Equipment, etc

Old 06-13-2014, 06:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
Post Whore

new in flames song love it or hate

want to make this poll but i do not have option for it.
from there new album SIREN CHARMS preview of there album with one song being released
In Flames - Rusted Nail (HQ - Lyrics)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lH7LL5Rnpm4
Old 06-13-2014, 11:14 PM   #2 (permalink)
I used to paintball...?

AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
I dig it. Sounds like "Sounds of a Playground Fading" getting butt****ed by "A Sense of Purpose". The predominantly clean vocals are a newer thing, too, and the layered chorus sounds like a tweaked version of the vocals from the "Passenger" side project. Curious to hear the rest of the album, but it has promise.
matteekay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 03:59 AM   #3 (permalink)
Jam

Needs more:

-Delight and angers
-Where the dead ships dwell

Not a huge fan of the song so far, curious to see about the rest of the Album. Maybe it'll grow on me?

That being said, Scar the martyr has taken the place of most of my in flames for now at least.

If you haven't heard, check out Soul Disintegration, Blood host and trinity of lies (pretty much just listen to the whole album and pick what you like haha. B side has a couple good tracks too
Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 01:10 PM   #4 (permalink)
Sic Itur Ad Astra

Send a message via MSN to Falcon16 Send a message via Skype™ to Falcon16

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
It's a bit of a departure from their norm. clean vocals are interesting. it's also not as heavy as their other stuff. I'll give the new album a listen when it's released

Feedback +34/-0
Click here to email me
My youtube channel
My downsizing/cleaning house sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post
Pump paintball is cheaper than any drug habit I've ever heard of.
Falcon16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 01:28 PM   #5 (permalink)
Stock Class Aficionado

CCM Fan
Meh, status quo with their current music direction. I haven't really liked anything since 'Clayman' though, other than parts of 'Come Clarity' and 'Soundtrack to your Escape'. It's an okay song.

EDIT: Actually, I really don't like this. It's more of the anthemic crap from their last album.

Last edited by idkfa; 06-14-2014 at 01:32 PM.
idkfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 04:01 PM   #6 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon16 View Post
It's a bit of a departure from their norm. clean vocals are interesting. it's also not as heavy as their other stuff. I'll give the new album a listen when it's released
i for one like the way its going. i do not like first three albums much do to growls and screams i like just for guitar rifts guitar sound and drums. so anything past first three albums i love. they are doing a metallica when black album came out. its away to get people like them more and try out older stuff. i know few people or saw post where some did not like first 3 albums. only the other stuff.
album out September 5, 2014. also just saw on facebook that video for it done too. so when it gets posted i will link here.
Old 06-14-2014, 04:05 PM   #7 (permalink)
Stock Class Aficionado

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrislognshot View Post
i do not like first three albums much do to growls and screams i like just for guitar rifts guitar sound and drums. so anything past first three albums i love. they are doing a metallica when black album came out.
But that's what 'In Flames' is. They are/were death metal. They are turning into just another crappy generic metal band. I can get that sound from any number of other bands. Though I am probably biased, I hate anything after and including the Black Album; Metallica went from being a great thrash metal band to just another crappy hard rock act.
Old 06-14-2014, 04:08 PM   #8 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by idkfa View Post
But that's what 'In Flames' is. They are/were death metal. They are turning into just another crappy generic metal band. I can get that sound from any number of other bands. Though I am probably biased, I hate anything after and including the Black Album; Metallica went from being a great thrash metal band to just another crappy hard rock act.
i am more fan of there Melodic death metal and alternative metal style. not really big fan of there pure death metal music.
Old 06-14-2014, 04:12 PM   #9 (permalink)
Stock Class Aficionado

CCM Fan
That's fair, I can understand that. For melodic death metal 'Soundtrack to your Escape' and 'Come Clarity' are brilliant.
Old 06-14-2014, 04:30 PM   #10 (permalink)
I used to paintball...?

AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
My favorite is probably Whoracle or STYE. I have no problems with the way they've been changing their sound; every band gets bored, and if I don't like that album I won't listen to it. I didn't enjoy their last few because they weren't very good (IMHO), not because they're different from their old ones.
matteekay is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Music