mcarterbrown.com  

New To The Sport Just started playing? Been playing for a while, but you have a question you should have asked years ago? Drop a line, we answer

Old 07-08-2010, 10:59 AM   #21 (permalink)
Old. Geek. Paintballer.

Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugboater203 View Post
You have some nerve coming in here and saying 29 is old. Many of our members are more seasoned then that.
Yeah, I'd love to still be that "old"! Being 10 years beyond that, I guess I'm really old. LOL! Anyway, the last time I played, the ages ranged from about 42 to 12, so it's all good. Just find people you like playing with.

NoForts4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 11:41 AM   #22 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurtCow View Post
I'm 41 and have been playing about 8 years. I don't care about the other people on the field or what they think of me or if I'll 'fit in'. Most of the friends I play with are younger than me, with some exceptions. So just go have fun and shoot some kids.
Dang Curt your alot.......er... younger than I thought LOL

I'll be 47 soon. Ive played through one whole generation of players and the next is dawning now. I dont feel the least bit intimidated by youthful opponents. I stopped relying on speed before 9/11. Now I use my wiles and cunning and accept the challenge of proving age doesn't matter. It's skill that counts. I will be the first to offer advice to the younger generation. But they better bring their A-game cuz I'll have mine...

Gilly
Gillymonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 12:12 PM   #23 (permalink)

Hi. I am in my mid 50's. I started plying in my 40's. One little wise guy snickered when he saw me in jeans, t shirt, and carrying a raptor. Well he round up on the other side(hooray). At 30+ yards I goggled him. Afterward one of my team asked" Why were you standing in the open, slow firing". I said" It worked and walked off. Of course my raptor had a J&J cremetic barrel. Age is not the factor, it is not even ability. It is is paintball fun? If you have fun, play. The age of your fellow players is not the only factor.
FirstTarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 12:28 PM   #24 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

Most of the guys on my team's roster are older than I am, and I'm 26. I actually tend to see a lot more of the 20-40 age range than I do the 10-20, although there are enough at the smaller games to be noticed.
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 12:31 PM   #25 (permalink)
MCB Member

Heh, I'm 48. I suggest dressing a little more "in style" with the times so you fit in a little better. I have this lime green 3 piece leasure suit with bell bottoms I will sell ya cheap! The high heeled pimp boots that came with it make it a little hard to run on the field but with practice.....
skx762 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 12:37 PM   #26 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Hah, I'm not saying 29 is old I was just wondering if anyone else 'felt' old while playing because let's face it... when you're 30 years old and you're hanging around 30+ 15 year olds and nobody else is your age then you feel a bit out of place.

I just started back up though, so maybe it was just coincidental, maybe I'll see more people in my age range as I play more. Hopefully I can find a group of regulars.
MrEcted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 01:13 PM   #27 (permalink)
Post Whore

i'm out there to have a little fun so the age of the other players does not really bother me to much. once everyone has their mask on it's hard to tell their age unless they r really small.
hmcl281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 03:01 PM   #28 (permalink)
Pump Player

So I was kinda bummed when I say him claiming how 29 was old. Me being 46 and all. =P

While I always go out to the field with friends and relatives, I also spend a LOT of time chatting with just about anyone between games. I am old. I am slow. I joke around a lot. I shoot a pump. I never talk smack. I always give kudos to people that made good shots.

This opens the door to MANY interactions which leads to getting to know people. The result now is that everytime I go to a local field I know about 1/3 of the people by name. A couple of us have developed friendly rivalrys (aka Tunnelvision if you spot each other on the field).

It all just makes the game as a whole a LOT funner.

I used to keep a running CONFIRMED kill count for the day. Recently I don't even care. It's all about fun and I have been having a lot!!
Old 07-08-2010, 03:11 PM   #29 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylen View Post
So I was kinda bummed when I say him claiming how 29 was old. Me being 46 and all. =P

While I always go out to the field with friends and relatives, I also spend a LOT of time chatting with just about anyone between games. I am old. I am slow. I joke around a lot. I shoot a pump. I never talk smack. I always give kudos to people that made good shots.

This opens the door to MANY interactions which leads to getting to know people. The result now is that everytime I go to a local field I know about 1/3 of the people by name. A couple of us have developed friendly rivalrys (aka Tunnelvision if you spot each other on the field).

It all just makes the game as a whole a LOT funner.

I used to keep a running CONFIRMED kill count for the day. Recently I don't even care. It's all about fun and I have been having a lot!!
Hah, I'm not saying I am old, I'm saying I felt too old. Picture yourself at say, 16. Now imagine going to some birthday party with nothing but a few dozen 8 year olds. You will feel awkward at that event because of the age gap, you will likely feel too old for that party, even though 16 is far from old.
MrEcted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 03:18 PM   #30 (permalink)

CCM Fan
I'm 40 and I have no issues. Sure I may not be as fast and agile as the younger guys but it sure ticks them off when I beat them by being smarter not faster. Remember the saying of the young and old buck. I walk down. Paintball is an ageless game, as long as you are having fun then go for it. Once you show them you know how to play you'll have them checking out your style.

My Feedback
MEGAS is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » New To The Sport