mcarterbrown.com  

New To The Sport Just started playing? Been playing for a while, but you have a question you should have asked years ago? Drop a line, we answer

Old 08-10-2010, 08:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
PL Mogul

AKA Fan
New to the cocker scene

Hello all! I Just have one question that I was hoping someone could clarify. I checked the stickies, and didn't really see this specifically, so pardon me if this is a dumb question.

I recently acquired a super bolt pump, and through some reading, I have cleverly deduced that is is a mini cocker. That's fine. Only issue is, the frame that is on it, is a hacked to poop odyssey rpm frame. It's horrible. I would very much like to replace it, which leads in to my question: are ccm frames compatible with mini cockers? Are all cocker frames interchangable? I'm assuming they are not, but i would just like someone to clarify.

Thanks in advance!
ICDzBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 08:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
Furries are EVERYWHERE :3

they are
/thread

but in all seriousness, all mechanical cocker frames are compatible... for the most part, anyway.
if you have one that extends too far past the front frame screw, you could run into problems with the frame and vert ASA, but other than that, yes, they are all the same
the only time I've seen this problem is with my SF frame, so you should have nothing to worry about
Old 08-10-2010, 08:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
Closed bolt FTW

CCM Fan
unless you get some really old (i want to say the frames change in 94) your fine...if its a hinge it will always fit however most pumpers find it more comfortable to run a slider frame and even then they will fit.

The only CCM frames that wont fit are t2 frames and i believe there is one more that was milled to fit the body.
Old 08-10-2010, 08:39 PM   #4 (permalink)
PL Mogul

AKA Fan
Thanks guys
ICDzBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 11:28 PM   #5 (permalink)

sent you a pm.
mentalglitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 05:00 AM   #6 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to Cunha Send a message via MSN to Cunha Send a message via Yahoo to Cunha

One thing to be aware of is that a CCM frame is worth more than a superbolt autococker.

Be careful not to spend too much money on it that you can't get back out of it. The frame won't lose any value if you find one used though, so no worries there.
Cunha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 09:08 PM   #7 (permalink)

just offhand I would say yes, the frame will fit but the screws that come with it won't, PB used a different size on the frame screws on the superbolt. Yeah its a cheap body, but they do make nice little pumps

Last edited by Slider_68; 08-11-2010 at 09:42 PM.
Slider_68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 02:11 AM   #8 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow102 View Post
unless you get some really old (i want to say the frames change in 94) your fine...if its a hinge it will always fit however most pumpers find it more comfortable to run a slider frame and even then they will fit.

The only CCM frames that wont fit are t2 frames and i believe there is one more that was milled to fit the body.
Only the internal changed in 98, the hole pattern has been the same since the first snipers.
Old 08-15-2010, 03:49 PM   #9 (permalink)
Those Pump Guyz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slider_68 View Post
just offhand I would say yes, the frame will fit but the screws that come with it won't, PB used a different size on the frame screws on the superbolt.
this
I believe the threading is the actual difference, not the size of the screw. It looks close and screws will even thread in a short ways, but then it binds cause wrong threads. If you need new screws for your new frame, just go to Home Depot/Lowes and you'll find them.
Old 08-20-2010, 12:14 PM   #10 (permalink)
Fish Taco

the threading is 10-24 on those SB's not the usual 10-32
ih8cornnuts is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » New To The Sport