mcarterbrown.com  

New To The Sport Just started playing? Been playing for a while, but you have a question you should have asked years ago? Drop a line, we answer

Old 09-16-2010, 06:08 PM   #21 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to Moby Send a message via Skype™ to Moby

If you're considering those two, I'd do the mini over the Smart Parts. The Chapter 11 or 13 could be an issue down the road.

Also, consider if you want a poppet valve type marker or a spool valve. There are general differences but they are relatively minor.

I'm going to include one link here and by no means is this promoting the group or gentleman in the video. I found him to be fairly informative and decent at explaining it.

YouTube - Poppet Valve vs Spool Valve Paintball Guns

BTW, I have an Etek3 which is a poppet.

Here is a link to videos showing how the air flows through each type but there are video's on the link above. This may be overkill at this point.

ZDS Paintball - Marker Animations - Index

The ideal Connecticut woodsball field!

Moby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 11:04 PM   #22 (permalink)

I would like to thank every one for their excellent words of wisdom on opinions. I had decided to go with an Invert Mini that I had purchased from a MCB member. I know have to think of what kind of hopper I want. I will probably primarily be running semi-auto until I can get used to walking the trigger but I don't want to purchase two hoppers. So I want to get a good one now. As far as the tank goes, I am going to go to the field in the next week and try out a few different tanks and see which one is more comfortable for me.

Again I really appreciate all the help that I have received from you from all of you here on the site. Thanks again.
Hoooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 12:58 AM   #23 (permalink)
Meow.

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoooch View Post
I would like to thank every one for their excellent words of wisdom on opinions. I had decided to go with an Invert Mini that I had purchased from a MCB member. I know have to think of what kind of hopper I want. I will probably primarily be running semi-auto until I can get used to walking the trigger but I don't want to purchase two hoppers. So I want to get a good one now. As far as the tank goes, I am going to go to the field in the next week and try out a few different tanks and see which one is more comfortable for me.

Again I really appreciate all the help that I have received from you from all of you here on the site. Thanks again.

A good hopper to go with would be (imo) a rotor if you are going to be shooting a lot of long strings at a high ROF... if not, you don't need much more then a revvy (with an X-board maybe) unless you want the "agg" look of a rotor...

as far as tanks go, again goes back to how much you are going to be shooting... something may be comfortable but if you plan to shoot lots of strings of cover fire, you might want to look into a bigger tank... for me (even when I played semi) a 45/45 is more then enough... not sure how big/small you are but I am 5'7" and about 150 give or take and a 45/45 feels perfect on almost any gun I use it on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagels View Post
When face palm is not enough, you face rocket.
i8pie2day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 05:35 AM   #24 (permalink)
Legendary

Cripes what if the guy wants to play woodsball? He'll be stuck with a midget tank. The Invert Mini is already small enough. My recommendation is a standard 68/45 tank. For a hopper, a used Empire Reloader B will suit you perfectly. It's force feed, has lots of parts to upgrade and whatnot, and will only run you about $40 if you watch for deals.
Old 12-05-2012, 02:50 PM   #25 (permalink)
Mr. Superman no es here

Halos, and reloaders also aren't constantly trying to feed like Rotors. When you run out of paint with a rotor they will continue to try and feed, making noise. Not bad when playing speedball but if you're stalking in the woods, not good. As a new player, you might be interested in easy to maintain markers. A mini/axe has almost nothing to it. Axe is even easier to clean!
shootdraxxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:18 PM   #26 (permalink)
Stock Class vs Agglets!!!

The Axe wasn't even out when this thread was created, over two years ago...
LibertyRadeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 02:46 PM   #27 (permalink)
Mr. Superman no es here

People are still looking at this thread two years later. Someone might be able to benefit from all the suggestions.
shootdraxxus is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » New To The Sport