mcarterbrown.com

New To The Sport Just started playing? Been playing for a while, but you have a question you should have asked years ago? Drop a line, we answer

Old 10-12-2010, 05:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
Rec Poster

When to replace lense?

Hey, I'm getting back into the game after being out 2 years and I'm faced with this question, do I replace my lense? Before I took my leave, I'd been using a Flex 7 for about 6 months or so. The lense has no visible cracks around the edges or anything and appears to be fully intact, but I thought it'd be better to get a second opinion; I mean it's just my eyes we're talking about here...
frozenboogerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 05:22 PM   #2 (permalink)
MaD
MCB Member

While I think many of us are guilty of not doing it regularly, I think the recommendation is to replace it once a year or after a direct impact (yeah I know right). Still, when in doubt just replace it.
DIY Paintball Stuff!

Note: While I would love to take credit for his work, I am not associated with Mad Customs!
You can contact BigMatt-MadCustoms in his MCB forum
MaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 05:30 PM   #3 (permalink)
Hoarder not Whore

Replace it the game before it fails and you loose your vision in one or both eyes.

Or you could do it now.

(Seriously, you would probably be fine without replacing it but better safe than blind, right? I mean, MCB sucks in Braille.)

Feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Dave-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 05:45 PM   #4 (permalink)
MCB Member

If you're asking - then the answer is Now.

it's a $20 investment that might keep your eyes intact. The manufacturers usually say one year or with a direct impact from XX feet. The distance varies for each manufacturer - but most are 25 or 15 feet.
brycelarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 08:01 PM   #5 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Completely understand, and I would rather replace the lense now then get my eyes shot out or whatever later. Just thought it was worth asking in case you all knew something.
Old 10-13-2010, 04:52 AM   #6 (permalink)
ton up boy

Id replace the whole goggle if youre conserned about safety.
Flex 7s arent exactly the best in keeping shell fragments out. Or covering your ears, or your jaw, or.. well you get the point.

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
baader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 07:18 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaD View Post
While I think many of us are guilty of not doing it regularly, I think the recommendation is to replace it once a year or after a direct impact (yeah I know right). Still, when in doubt just replace it.
REALLY????

I've had my V-Force Profilers for three years........ it's been thru prob a good 50+ scenario, rec & speedball games with the same lens since 08'. It's had plenty of direct bunkered hits. Yea.... it's got a few scratches but no cracks...... still works great!
komikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 09:09 AM   #8 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by komikaze View Post
REALLY????

I've had my V-Force Profilers for three years........ it's been thru prob a good 50+ scenario, rec & speedball games with the same lens since 08'. It's had plenty of direct bunkered hits. Yea.... it's got a few scratches but no cracks...... still works great!
pretty much all masks will work great for years and years past their intended life span. The one out of a million that doesn't is the problem. There's just no way to know, it's less than the cost of half a case of paint and the trade off might be your eyeballs. I find the math pretty simple on that one.
brycelarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 09:37 AM   #9 (permalink)
Hoarder not Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by brycelarson View Post
pretty much all masks will work great for years and years past their intended life span. The one out of a million that doesn't is the problem. There's just no way to know, it's less than the cost of half a case of paint and the trade off might be your eyeballs. I find the math pretty simple on that one.
+1 ^^^

I think frozenboogerman was looking for good advise with the original question. You don't have to change the lens, it still works, but for safety sake its a good idea to replace..

Off Topic: Forzenboogerman...where do some of you come up with these screen names? I LOL'ed.

Feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Dave-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 11:36 AM   #10 (permalink)
Rec Poster

I had been looking at a V-froce Vantage to replace it, but I just love my flex. I do use the hard ears though, I'm not looking for a bounce that bad.

Also the screename was thought up in like 7th grade or so, I just didn't feel like making a new account and can't answer for where it came from.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » New To The Sport